Thread: 3 New T100TA drivers available for download and installation

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Assuming you're referring to the T100TA model...that's very strange...because here is the ASUS site with the date on it showing a June date...

Attachment 7901
    i checked to make sure mine is an ta and it is. it says on the bottom 100ta-c2-qr. doesn't really matter. the point is my audio driver is up to date if that's the most recent version number.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebob View Post
    And new version of ASUS Live Update Utility (V3.2.8) is also available.
    Yep, I fell for installing the new Asus Live Update and now even though I've updated the BIOS several times as well as a handful of drivers using the old version, this new one shows no update history. Thank you Asus... NOT!
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Thumbs up Robbed

Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Yep, I fell for installing the new Asus Live Update and now even though I've updated the BIOS several times as well as a handful of drivers using the old version, this new one shows no update history. Thank you Asus... NOT!
    Yeah, it robbed me as well
    Note to Asus: This is an update not a re-install, leave our setting and logs alone

I looked in the Live Update folder hoping to find some sort of Log file that I could save but didn't see one, might be that it won't be created until I use Live Update to update again
    If someone out there still has an update history could they please have a look in Program Files > ASUS > Asus Live Update to see if there is some form of Log file that can be saved.That would be handy to know.
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 09-20-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    42 times
    Stupid new Asus Live Update - tonight it tells me there are 2 recommended updates, Intel (Jan) & Broadcom 187.1 (Mar)
    I've already installed the latest from Asus which have later version # and dates.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    If someone out there still has an update history could they please have a look in Program Files > ASUS > Asus Live Update to see if there is some form of Log file that can be saved.That would be handy to know.
    There is a "log.xml" file under that location, which has the same data that is displayed in the "Logs Viewer" window (click on "Check install history" in the main ASUS Live Update window).

I just installed the latest Live Update version (3.2.9), which did delete that log.xml file, but then I moved a saved copy of the log.xml file to the program's folder. After re-opening the "Logs Viewer" window, the old entries did show up.
    FrillyBits likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Here View Post
    There is a "log.xml" file under that location, which has the same data that is displayed in the "Logs Viewer" window (click on "Check install history" in the main ASUS Live Update window).

I just installed the latest Live Update version (3.2.9), which did delete that log.xml file, but then I moved a saved copy of the log.xml file to the program's folder. After re-opening the "Logs Viewer" window, the old entries did show up.
    Excellent info, thanks
    I don't have that file so it looks like it will be created next time I update, then I can save a copy
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by exitguy View Post
    Stupid new Asus Live Update - tonight it tells me there are 2 recommended updates, Intel (Jan) & Broadcom 187.1 (Mar)
    I've already installed the latest from Asus which have later version # and dates.
    Yep I'm seeing the same "optional" updates although I'm beyond both of those and to top it off, unlike with the previous version, I can't hide them.

WTH Asus?
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Here View Post

Are you saying you looked in the Live Update folder path prior to updating Live Update? You saw the log.xml file there and saved a copy of it to your documents folder? Then you updated to the new Live Update and then what? Did you copy log.xml from documents back into the Live Update folder and then was able to view past updates?

I'm like FrillyBits, I've executed the new Live Update program but I've not actually installed either of the two updates that are shown and I currently have no log.xml file in the Live Update folder. Will I get a log.xml file if I install an update? Will it include all my past updates under the old Live Update? Dangit Asus... WTH.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    Are you saying you looked in the Live Update folder path prior to updating Live Update? You saw the log.xml file there and saved a copy of it to your documents folder? Then you updated to the new Live Update and then what? Did you copy log.xml from documents back into the Live Update folder and then was able to view past updates?
    Yes. (But, replace "Documents" folder with "Desktop" folder.) I've been updating the drivers on my T100 manually since April or so, because the ASUS Live Update app has not been working on my T100. I saw FrillyBits post, so I investigated the matter.

The contents of my ASUS Live Update folder (v. 3.2.6):

The contents of my log.xml file:

The new "Logs Viewer" window (v. 3.2.9) after moving the old logs.xml file back:

For those who lost the logs.xml file after updating, if you have a back-up image of the T100 C:\ drive that can be browsed (e.g. Macrium Reflect disk images can be mounted as virtual drives), the logs.xml file could be recovered from one of those images. But, this missing log issue should not affect the ASUS Live Update's functionality (for those where it is working properly).
    rickscheller likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links