Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 125
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Refreshed T100 - Transformer Book T100TA Z3775 chipset. General chit-chat thread.

  1. #51
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    72337
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    USA
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,814
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWingInHellsKitchen View Post
    I'm so stoked. I got this at Staples for $249 before tax. Deal's dead now, but I'm pretty sure its the updated version! (and I didn't even know there were two!)
    From desktop touch/hold the "this pc" icon then select properties... does the cpu show z3775 or z3740? z3775 is the new one. is it 64 or 32GB? If its 64 and z3775, you got a heck of a deal for $249.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

  2. #52
    Soundwave
    Member #
    68848
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWingInHellsKitchen View Post
    I'm so stoked. I got this at Staples for $249 before tax. Deal's dead now, but I'm pretty sure its the updated version! (and I didn't even know there were two!)
    As an associate at staples I know staples does not carry the updated z3775 version of this tablet (no associate discount for me). If you go into their store and look at the spec sheet it will list a cpu running at 2.4ghz(z3775) but in reality its 1.8ghz(z3740) so it can be pretty confusing.

    If you want to confirm you can look at task manager(press ctrl + shift + esc) and under the performance tab you will see the cpu listed.

  3. #53
    Soundwave
    Member #
    72486
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help, all! Yeah, the sticker said Z7340 (64GB). Should I return it or keep it, guys? Its not time urgent. I mainly will be using it for light productivity... It came to like $270 after tax...

  4. #54
    Jazz
    Member #
    65678
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Somewhere very cold
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    1 times
    Any news on the 64gb + 500gb + z3775 availability? (T100TA-DB14-T)?
    Last edited by HTWingNut; 08-22-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Asus Transformer T100TA-C1-GR(S) with Atom Z3775 CPU and 64GB eMMC
    Clevo W230SS: 13.3" 1080p IPS, i7-4810MQ, GTX 860m, 16GB DDR3 2133, 256GB Plextor M5M SSD + 960GB Crucial M500 SSD

  5. #55
    Soundwave
    Member #
    72372
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HTWingNut View Post
    I am waiting on general availability of the Asus Transformer T100TA-DB14T-CA with the 64GB tablet storage with 500GB dock but more importantly with the Z3775 CPU. I can't seem to find it anywhere reputable (i.e. Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, etc). Any word on when it will arrive in US?
    Amazon has it.
    Amazon.com: ASUS Transformer Book T100TA-DB14T-CA Touchscreen Notebook/Tablet (10.1-inch, Atom Z3775, 2GB DDR3, 64GB SSD + 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1, Grey): Electronics

  6. #56
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    64427
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Posts
    1,249
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWingInHellsKitchen View Post
    Thanks for the help, all! Yeah, the sticker said Z7340 (64GB). Should I return it or keep it, guys? Its not time urgent. I mainly will be using it for light productivity... It came to like $270 after tax...
    I'd keep it. I'd be shocked if you could get the 64GB version wit hthe z3775 in it for less than $350 anytime soon. If you wanted to wait till the z3775 version dropped to price parity, you'll probably be staring the T100 replacement with Airmont in it in the face by this Winter.

    The $270 was probably to liquidate so that Staples can get the z3775 in instead of being confusing having two versions on the shelves.

    I am personally up in the air about selling my z3740 version to get a z3775. Probably won't. Probably makes more sense to hold on to it, see what the T100 successor ends up being like and then once the successor starts coming down in price a little halfway through the product cycle, then get on and sell my T100.

  7. #57
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61534
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    I am personally up in the air about selling my z3740 version to get a z3775. Probably won't. Probably makes more sense to hold on to it, see what the T100 successor ends up being like and then once the successor starts coming down in price a little halfway through the product cycle, then get on and sell my T100.
    I am in the same boat. I have a 32GB with a 500GB dock, but the draw of having something with more internal storage as well as a faster processor are really appealing. I really love my T100, but I just don't know how much faster things would run with the new processor. If I could be guaranteed performance would be better by something like 25%, I would probably consider that worthwhile. As it is, I haven't found anything that shows a comparison between the 3740 and the 3775. I would love to see a game comparison running on both to see what it's like, but I'm not about to drop that much just to try it out.

  8. #58
    Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    41525
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Posts
    981
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
    I am in the same boat. I have a 32GB with a 500GB dock, but the draw of having something with more internal storage as well as a faster processor are really appealing. I really love my T100, but I just don't know how much faster things would run with the new processor. If I could be guaranteed performance would be better by something like 25%, I would probably consider that worthwhile. As it is, I haven't found anything that shows a comparison between the 3740 and the 3775. I would love to see a game comparison running on both to see what it's like, but I'm not about to drop that much just to try it out.
    I'd recommend waiting, it may be early 2015 before we see a true T100 replacement but the upcoming Braswell and Cherry Trail ATOM updates should at the very least guarantee a significant boost in GPU performance with the move to Gen 8 GPU and Cherry Trail will at least offer up to 8 to 16 EU's, versus the 4 Bay Trail's GMA is limited to... along with support with up to 8GB of RAM versus the max of 4GB limit Bay Trail T works under, and thus will likely finally start pushing full 64bit support for EUFI as well as the OS... and Braswell at least promises to help significantly reduce costs and that could mean they could start offering more eMMC storage and higher resolution screens for similar prices that we pay now...

    So, would be worth upgrading if you already have a T100... Otherwise, the present refresh is mainly for those who haven't already gotten a T100 and should then get the best available but the performance difference won't be so large as to really change how you use the T100 otherwise... It'll just be a tad zippier than the original...

  9. #59
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61534
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    I'd recommend waiting, it may be early 2015 before we see a true T100 replacement but the upcoming Braswell and Cherry Trail ATOM updates should at the very least guarantee a significant boost in GPU performance with the move to Gen 8 GPU and Cherry Trail will at least offer up to 8 to 16 EU's, versus the 4 Bay Trail's GMA is limited to... along with support with up to 8GB of RAM versus the max of 4GB limit Bay Trail T works under, and thus will likely finally start pushing full 64bit support for EUFI as well as the OS... and Braswell at least promises to help significantly reduce costs and that could mean they could start offering more eMMC storage and higher resolution screens for similar prices that we pay now...

    So, would be worth upgrading if you already have a T100... Otherwise, the present refresh is mainly for those who haven't already gotten a T100 and should then get the best available but the performance difference won't be so large as to really change how you use the T100 otherwise... It'll just be a tad zippier than the original...
    I bit the bullet and picked one up. My old one will find a use in the house with kids and school and I had been thinking of getting one for my son. When the time comes and new model is out, I'll consider it, but for as much as I use it, the extra space and processing power will be worth it.

    I'm going to get everything up to date and will report on game performance later. If anyone has any requests (sorry, other than Diablo 3, I don't have that game), let me know.

  10. #60
    Jazz
    Member #
    65678
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Somewhere very cold
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks!

    I noticed that but seems like quite a price premium for the notebook. That's a $180 price premium over the one without the 500GB HDD. Seems a bit steep. Perhaps wait a couple weeks and it will be more readily available at a reasonable cost.

 

 
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. asus transformer book t100ta-c1-gr won't turn on
    By angcpamba in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 08:01 AM
  2. [OFFICIAL] I got my Asus Transformer Book Trio Thread
    By Frederuco in forum Asus Transformer Book Trio Help
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 12-15-2014, 02:29 AM
  3. Java on Asus Transformer Book T100TA-DK007H
    By OmuVerde in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 05:35 PM
  4. New updated chipset / intel hd gfx drivers for T100ta
    By Hendrickson in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Search tags for this page

3740 vs 3775

,
asus t100 successor
,
asus t100ta z3775
,

asus transformer t100 refresh

,

auo20dc

,
intel atom z3775 battlefield 3
,
t100 4gb ram 11 2014
,
t100ta
,

t100ta z3775

,
z3775 far cry 3
,

z3775 vs z3740

,
z3775 widi
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 AM.