Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

A frustrated Asus T100 new owner

Hi,

I bought my first Asus system, a T100, in February this year. I had Asus products before, mostly desktop parts, and never had an issue. Did some research on tablets/netbooks and the T100 seemed like the ideal product, decent price for decent specifications. For a while I was happy with it. Then problems started to appear. First, one of the websites (using MS Silverlight) that I used to go frequently started crashing. Then I realized that the space bar wasn't working very well. When I was typing I had to go back and add spaces between words. Then I tried to connect it to my TV and charge it in the same time. Good luck with that. If you want to watch a movie on your TV you better have your tablet charged as the miniHDMI and usb ports are too close and you can't have both plugged in. Than, the cherry on the cake. I tried installing an Asus update 3 weeks ago and that update failed. After that I couldn't start it at all. I sent it to Asus for repairs as it was still under warranty hopping for a quick fix but that never happened. 2 weeks after it arrived at the repair centre in Ontario (I'm in Alberta) nobody can't tell me what the status of the repairs is. I chatted and called a few times. One week ago I was told that my case was escalated and that I will receive a call in 24-48 hrs which never happened. Today I was told the same thing, the case was escalated and I should be able to see the status in 24 hrs. Some how I can't believe that is going to happen.

I bought the Asus T100 not just because It fitted my needs but because I thought Asus is a top of the line company which makes quality stuff and stands behind its products. Looks like I was wrong.

All the best

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 3.X
    Liked
    46 times
    Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your frustrations and hope you find some solutions.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    902 times
    Sheesh, what a horror story ...certainly hope it has a happy ending! Welcome to the forum, please keep us informed.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    28 times
    Always sorry to hear that some individual owner has a issues with their device. Although a correct response would be very welcome and a must, sometimes things simply go wrong. Just like life itself...no one and nothing is perfect. It is not fair to disqualify the brand because of a human error or some incidental bad device. These things just happen. Just have a look in the mirror: Are you flawless and without any error?

rscheller
    There's not much I can say to get that rotten apple taste out of your mouth from your bad experience.

I will say (the way I use it) my T100 has been nearly flawless, so I can only hope Asus makes it right for you.

rscheller
    Then I tried to connect it to my TV and charge it in the same time. Good luck with that. If you want to watch a movie on your TV you better have your tablet charged as the miniHDMI and usb ports are too close and you can't have both plugged in.
    For this I will say that the microHDMI specification doesn't define the physical outer dimensions of the connector housing molds and there are some cables in that respect that are larger and some that are smaller. If you get the smaller size, it should let you simultaneously charge and output to your TV over HDMI.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieZ View Post
    Always sorry to hear that some individual owner has a issues with their device. Although a correct response would be very welcome and a must, sometimes things simply go wrong. Just like life itself...no one and nothing is perfect. It is not fair to disqualify the brand because of a human error or some incidental bad device. These things just happen. Just have a look in the mirror: Are you flawless and without any error?
    I'm not perfect and I don't expect life to be either. But, this issue and this forum are not about me, are about Asus.

The fact that the product was defective I accepted and I thought that I was just an unlucky customer who bought one of the 0.1% (or put any number you want in here) of Asus products that for some reason got out of the production line defective. I didn't come here to vent at that point. I did what any normal people would do, I accepted my faith and called customer support to try to fix the issue.

The fact that in 2 weeks after the netbook arrived at the repair center and the fact that after contacting Client support 6 times and they couldn't tell me anything about the status on my netbook except that it arrived, the fact that I was told that I will be called and never received a call, that I was told I will be emailed but never received an email have nothing to do with perfection, to me it's incompetence. If you want to accept incompetence from others because you're not perfect or because life it's not perfect it's your choice, but I chose not to accept it. And if we would keep quiet about this things Asus is not going to have any incentives to fix their problems and other people will suffer too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

BBB alert on Asus - buyers beware

I'm posting this here because this is a general Asus issue not specific to a certain product and I couldn't post it in the News section.

ASUS Computer International Business Review in Fremont, CA - San Francisco, Oakland, San Mateo, and Northern Coastal California BBB

<<<<<<ASUS Computer International
    Find a Location
    Phone: (510) 739-3777
    Fax: (510) 797-2102
    View Additional Phone Numbers
    800 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA 94539
    ASUS

! There is an alert for this business !

We have identified a pattern of complaints concerning service issues. Complaints processed by BBB claim that 1) products sent to the company for repairs are still not working properly when returned to the consumer.

On June 29, 2012 ASUS responded to the issue by stating: We continuously enhance our repair service levels across the board, but in specific response to the repair quality concerns addressed in this letter we have strengthened core processes which may have been at the root of the matter and ASUS valued customers, with non-component systems products will benefit from the enhanced RMA process and instructions.

BBB again reviewed this company's file for complaints. As of January 14, 2013 the issue of products sent to the company for repairs still not working properly when returned to the consumer still remains.>>>>>>

BTW, I'm going to start my own complaint today.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    There's not much I can say to get that rotten apple taste out of your mouth from your bad experience.

I will say (the way I use it) my T100 has been nearly flawless, so I can only hope Asus makes it right for you.
    using a cable is something I should have thought myself but I ordered the adapter before receiving the tablet. I might give it a try when I'll get it back. I still see it as design flaw. The 2 ports could have had a bit more space in between just in case somebody has an adapter and not a cable.

Thanks
    Last edited by rasus; 05-29-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    rscheller likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    For this I will say that the microHDMI specification doesn't define the physical outer dimensions of the connector housing molds and there are some cables in that respect that are larger and some that are smaller. If you get the smaller size, it should let you simultaneously charge and output to your TV over HDMI.
    Had that problem so I got a Micro HDMI Male to HDMI Female Cable like this Micro HDMI Male to HDMI Female Cable - Biggest Range and Best Price | Computers & Parts Land -

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links