Thread: A frustrated Asus T100 new owner

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    They put your old SSD in the new one? These things aren't designed to be "opened up". I'm sure you will see some indication of the pry marks. I suppose they figured you would just case it up and not worry about them. It could well be new as the battery would be nearly fully charged with the testing they had to do. I would have backed up anything on the drive and just told them to send a new one and you'd set it up yourself. Luckily, I've only had one device that I have ever had to send back to the manufacturer. It was a good experience, tho, paid two day shipping back and forth. Had to take their word that it was new. Working great to this day.
    Yes, that's what they said. Why would they think I wanted mi SSD back, I don't know. When you send it for repairs they ask you to back up your data and they act like they are not responsible for your data. And yes, there are pry marks (thanks for the term btw, I used to call them dents) all over the place and a a visible scratch. The level of amateurism at the Ontario Canada repair facility is unbelievable. They sent it back to me first time with the same problems and with windows deactivated. Then the following 2 times they sent it to me with pry marks and the case cracked open

Now they want me to take pictures of the pry marks and the scratch and send them. Like that is a piece of cake, especially with the shiny materials. Now I have to experiment with different type of lights, different cameras, more time wasted.

Asus sucks!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    So my tablet it's still in the repair center. I was able to send Asus some decent pictures after many tries with different cameras, pictures that show the pry marks and the scratches and they told me to send it back AGAIN. I finally had somebody emailing me before actually sending it back to me and I pointed all of this asking how is ASUS going to make up for all the above. They said they can only replace the panel and after lots of emails exchange and lots of bargaining they offered 3 extra months of waaranty and this only after I pointed out that we can continue this game of sending it back and forth until the warranty is gone.

So basically since last February when I bought it I was only able to use it for about a couple of months. I spent many hours testing it, factory restoring and such. This Asus tablet has been a big source of frustration waste of time and 400$.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Asus Support is mocking me. I can't find any other logical explanation. They sent it back with the same scratches and marks. On the accompanying invoice they state that they replaced LCD and bottom panel and the keyboard(which was fine !!!!???) , This is incredibly ridiculous.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    I think you need to get farther up the food chain. You need to demand to talk to a manager. Level 1 tech support is worthless as I have talked to them before. I don't know what the warranty explicitly states but it sounds like they created the marks and scratches during unnecessary repairs and you've lost time with the device to additional unnecessary repairs. You should be entitled to a new device or at least a good refurb (if refurb be sure to get the Office key as they don't come with it). This should be pretty quick, e.g. you send yours in and they send the new one back. Depends on how much fight you have left in you.
    rickscheller likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links