Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A frustrated Asus T100 new owner

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    First thing when I start it, after the Asus lego, is a blue screen thet says:

"Activate Windows
    Go to PC settings to activate WIndows"

and a "Go to PC settings" button.

The only way to get past this is to click the button, go to settings and close the settings. After that I can use it with no restrictions.

It was in the repair center for 3 weeks, lots of time to test it before sending it back, yet it was sent back like this and now I have to go through the same stuff again.
    Last edited by rasus; 07-25-2014 at 08:57 PM.

rscheller
    Have you tried "activating Windows"?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I mentioned that I don't have a key. They don't give the keys anymore it appears, at least not with this one.

rscheller
    Did you register with Microsoft? When I did that some time ago, I was given my Windows product registration key to print and "store in a safe place".

If not, you can contact Microsoft by phone and they will help you out.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I would try MS before RMA'ing. They very well might activate it over the phone for you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, I wish I would have thought about this before sending it. It seems at least weird that the support rep couldn't do anything else but issue an rma.
    This situation is already turning into a nightmare. After I sent the tablet I wanted to track it so I opened the pdf bill they sent me to use the tracking number to realize that the the name on the bill was not mine. In the rush to send it asap I didn't check the name. I contacted to let them know and they said I should b OK since they will use the serial number to track it but somehow I have a bad feeling this is not going to end well.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    SO I got it back on Aug 20th and right out of the box it started acting weird. I had bubbles popping on the screen like some invisible fingers were poking at the screen and couldn't do anything. I had to do a factory reset and after I re-installed windows I checked whether it was activated and it was. So I started hoping that I might finally be able to use my tablet 7 months after a bought it. I was so naive. Next day wireless showed no network all of a sudden. I restarted it and it worked again. While playing with I noticed a dent on the edge of the screen, like somebody tried to pry it open. Then I took a better look and I noticed the screen was cracked opened at the corner and had another dent there. I tried to press to close it but couldn't. At that point I called Asus again and told them about the dents and about the wireless. They asked me if the package was damaged which it wasn't and tried to blame my network and modem for the wireless problems at which problem I told the guy my laptop works just fine connected to the same modem. So they asked me to send it back again, 3rd time, just 2 days after it arrived. I couldn't believe this was happening. How can they send it back to me with physical damage? Do they do any QA in there before sending it back to owners? Obviously not, since mine came back with that kind of damage or with an un-activated windows like the second time. Before sending it back I tried using it for a bit more and after a couple of hours it crashed completely.

So anyways, I sent it back and after a few weeks my rma status page was showing a code and saying something like" waiting for client confirmation". I contacted support again and was told they will replace the unit and I will be called back for details. Of course I didn't get any call and instead I got a tablet today of which I don't know anything. Is it new? Is it refurbished? Did they just replace the case and some components or is a completely new unit.Is the battery new? Asus outdid themselves again on the wrong side, it looks like they are really committed to screw up things more and more.

Also my previous model had a long model number, this one just says T100T. Very strange.

At this pointed I'm tempted to sell it on kijiji but I lost the charger and after my experience with Asus I don't think it would be nice to pass all this BS to somebody else.

Asus sucks.

All the best

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasus View Post
    SO I got it back on Aug 20th and right out of the box it started acting weird. I had bubbles popping on the screen like some invisible fingers were poking at the screen and couldn't do anything. I had to do a factory reset and after I re-installed windows I checked whether it was activated and it was. So I started hoping that I might finally be able to use my tablet 7 months after a bought it. I was so naive. Next day wireless showed no network all of a sudden. I restarted it and it worked again. While playing with I noticed a dent on the edge of the screen, like somebody tried to pry it open. Then I took a better look and I noticed the screen was cracked opened at the corner and had another dent there. I tried to press to close it but couldn't. At that point I called Asus again and told them about the dents and about the wireless. They asked me if the package was damaged which it wasn't and tried to blame my network and modem for the wireless problems at which problem I told the guy my laptop works just fine connected to the same modem. So they asked me to send it back again, 3rd time, just 2 days after it arrived. I couldn't believe this was happening. How can they send it back to me with physical damage? Do they do any QA in there before sending it back to owners? Obviously not, since mine came back with that kind of damage or with an un-activated windows like the second time. Before sending it back I tried using it for a bit more and after a couple of hours it crashed completely.

So anyways, I sent it back and after a few weeks my rma status page was showing a code and saying something like" waiting for client confirmation". I contacted support again and was told they will replace the unit and I will be called back for details. Of course I didn't get any call and instead I got a tablet today of which I don't know anything. Is it new? Is it refurbished? Did they just replace the case and some components or is a completely new unit.Is the battery new? Asus outdid themselves again on the wrong side, it looks like they are really committed to screw up things more and more.

Also my previous model had a long model number, this one just says T100T. Very strange.

At this pointed I'm tempted to sell it on kijiji but I lost the charger and after my experience with Asus I don't think it would be nice to pass all this BS to somebody else.

Asus sucks.

All the best
    man i thought my experiences with this thing were bad and i've never sent it in or returned it. as for the charger don't worry. a lot of people have reported that it's doesn't work that well without messing around with it. do you have any mini usb wall plugs like the ones you get from an android device? they're just like the charger that came with the device but much smaller. my charger is garbage. it doesn't charge my tablet at all. i found the one that came with my samsung galaxy works just fine. i know all this doesn't matter if you can't get a good tablet to work for you but just in case, don't worry about the charger that came with the device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    It's unbelievable. I called Asus and the guy said I got a new unit but with the same HDD as the old one. That's BS. I started charging and in couple of hours the battery was full (red light turned white) So the battery wasn't new. After I hanged up I took a better look at it and I found one scratch on one side, dents all over the place where it was forced open and it was cracked open on one side I couldn't believe it. I pressed and it snapped back but it's obvious this unit was opened. I don't know what else to say. I called back but I put on hold and then I was cut off. I will call again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by theimortal1974 View Post
    man i thought my experiences with this thing were bad and i've never sent it in or returned it. as for the charger don't worry. a lot of people have reported that it's doesn't work that well without messing around with it. do you have any mini usb wall plugs like the ones you get from an android device? they're just like the charger that came with the device but much smaller. my charger is garbage. it doesn't charge my tablet at all. i found the one that came with my samsung galaxy works just fine. i know all this doesn't matter if you can't get a good tablet to work for you but just in case, don't worry about the charger that came with the device.
    I'm using the charger from my Lenovo tablet. That is not a problem. It's just that I can't sell it like this. And I can't try to send it back to the store to try to get some store credit and let them deal with ASus. I hope you can still take yours back. Don't make the mistake of keeping it. Send it back and buy a different brand.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    They put your old SSD in the new one? These things aren't designed to be "opened up". I'm sure you will see some indication of the pry marks. I suppose they figured you would just case it up and not worry about them. It could well be new as the battery would be nearly fully charged with the testing they had to do. I would have backed up anything on the drive and just told them to send a new one and you'd set it up yourself. Luckily, I've only had one device that I have ever had to send back to the manufacturer. It was a good experience, tho, paid two day shipping back and forth. Had to take their word that it was new. Working great to this day.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links