Thread: A frustrated Asus T100 new owner

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Vadimo is correct. You should make Asus area of the poor response from the service centre, which would be helpful. And his experience is probably the same as most owners. The crashing website is probably the websites/Microsoft problem. The spacebar problem is the first time I have seen that one mentioned in this forum. Rather than an adapter, a cable will work in your scenario. Updates rarely fail, we have guides and suggestions in our Master Help Guide that may have solved your update problem. The repair depot may be having problems reproducing the problems you sent it in for. That doesn't excuse the poor communication.

I hope you get your T100 back soon and that it is working to your expectations.
    Last edited by Swipe; 05-30-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    You should make Asus area of the poor response from the service centre, which would be helpful. And his experience is probably the same as most owners.
    Not sure I understand what you're saying, I apologize for that but in my defense I have to say I'm an ESL person.

The crashing website is probably the websites/Microsoft problem.
    Could be but I've used that website on Windows 8.1 on different machines without any problem
    The spacebar problem is the first time I have seen that one mentioned in this forum.
    Yeah , I guess I'm the lucky one

Rather than an adapter, a cable will work in your scenario.
    I said a few posts ago that this issue can be closed based on the above solution presented at that time by a different user but for some reason people feel the need to keep on bringing it up

Updates rarely fail, we have guides and suggestions in our Master Help Guide that may have solved your update problem. The repair depot may be having problems reproducing the problems you sent it in for. That doesn't excuse the poor communication.
    I don't think you read my post or maybe I didn't describe it correctly. After the Asus update,provided and performed by Asus through their update utility app, the system didn't restart at all. No power, nada, zero. Not very hard to reproduce this one I guess

I hope you get your T100 back soon and that it is working to your expectations.
    I appreciate your support,

Thank you

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    June 2nd update:

I checked the Asus "Check repairs status" page again today even though I wasn't expecting to return anything since it hasn't done it for the last 18 days the laptop has been at the repair center, and surprise , I got something, repairs are in progress. And it says the item was received last Friday, which is a lie as I got confirmation by chatting with customer support that it had arrived on May 15th , more than 2 weeks before the stated date . At least now I can check that page.

Also I got a response from BBB regarding my complaint. They say it was sent to Asus for review. I don't have much expectations from this but it was something I felt I had to do. And there is really not much to do in situations like this. It's better to not get into one but kinda hard to do that. One thing I'll do from now is I'm going to return anything that I'm not 100% satisfied with even if it's just a minor thing that I can't really put my finger on.

Here are some numbers:

27 days without being able to use my T100
    23 days since I sent in for repairs
    19 days since it arrived at the repair center
    12 business days since it arrived at the repair center

And a question for you, what would you say is a decent amount of time that it would take the customer service to repair a product?

Thanks
    Last edited by rasus; 06-03-2014 at 12:46 PM.

rscheller
    And a question for you, what would you say is a decent amount of time that it would take the customer service to repair a product?
    I'd think five business days. Plus 7-10 days to return to you.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Yeah, I'd say roughly 2-3 weeks from the time you get it in the mail to the time it is back on your door step.

I had an HP laptop main board die on me after around 9 months of ownership (refused to power on, even in the slightest). HP had the shipping materials to me the next day, it was 2 day freight (that they paid) to send it to Texas. They had it repaired I think 3 or 4 business days after they got it and it was back to me with 2 day post after that. I think total turn around time was just under 2 weeks with a weekend in there. IIRC I mailed it on Wednesday, they got it on Friday and it was repaired something like Wednesday or Thursday the next week and on my door step the following Monday or Tuesday.

It would have been 1 day sooner, but they insisted on next daying me a brand new power adapter in case that was the problem (it wasn't). So...actually I have two power adapters now and a working laptop.

Anyway, they did have bang up customer service, which I was a little suprised about going in to the whole thing.

Based on shipping times/methods and that sort of thing, also time of the year it could vary (I could see the first 2-3 months after the winter holidays being busier as early device teething problems from all of the holiday gifts come rushing in to their repair shops, that and maybe in the fall after back to school stuff).

At most I'd say 1 month TOTAL, on the outside, including ALL shipping times at the worst times of the year. They also should have an idea of what is going on with it at any given time. Not just "we've received it". It should be detailed to the level of, "its marked #218 right now, so 217 more devices in the repair shops queue first...but based on our average repair time on each device, that should mean 2 days from now a repair technician will have their hands on your device".

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    7 times
    Hi all, my very first post on this forum

I have to say I have experienced a similar issue. Right out of the box, the dock couldn't make a connection with the tablet. I could have the unit shipped back to Canada Direct from where I ordered it but I thought I would save time by sending it directly to the Repair Center instead - MISTAKE...!!!

The case was open on May 6 and it took a whole week before I got the air waybill to ship the unit, more than an other to have it appear on the check repair status, and more than an other one to have it repaired. So, after days and days of waiting and having written no less than a dozen times to the support chat, I just received the return tracking # and if everything goes well, I should receive my T100 by June 4, almost a whole month after having reported the problem.

The check repair status page mentionned that the unit appears on that page "the day after it has been received to our facility". I have made a complaint to Asus about that false statement but I was answered that Asus experience a higher volume of returned items, which is no good news for the actual quality of the products...

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Welcome to the forum MyChance, hope your T100 comes back in good shape!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Finally got an email from Asus yesterday, 13 business days after it got to the repair center, saying:

<<Dear ASUS Valued Customer,
    Your RMA is scheduled for shipment today. You may check status with the courier directly for estimated delivery date;>>

Of course there is no courier name and no tracking number. Neither in the email nor in the attached files. Good Job Asus, very professional. And of course, I'm going camping on Friday so I'm not sure I will get it in time.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by rasus View Post
    Finally got an email from Asus yesterday, 13 business days after it got to the repair center, saying:

Your RMA is scheduled for shipment today. You may check status with the courier directly for estimated delivery date;>>

Of course there is no courier name and no tracking number. Neither in the email nor in the attached files. Good Job Asus, very professional. And of course, I'm going camping on Friday so I'm not sure I will get it in time.
    At least you know there's been some corrective action and it's on it's way back to you. Keep us posted on your situation.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasus View Post

I also had that same message last Friday. A tracking # appeared on Monday on the check repair status but up to this moment (Wednesday) the only info I get from Purolator is that "a label has been created". I called Asus to ask them a silly question: how many days does it take to ship out a package that is scheduled for ...TODAY ?!?
    Last edited by Mychance; 06-04-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links