Thread: A frustrated Asus T100 new owner

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    They do, still, have an A rating. Same rating as Samsung and quite a few other mega companies. Most for the same reasons. At least they are accredited by the BBB unlike some other companies.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Meh, I appreciate you're sore from your experience, but please take the BBB for what it's worth.
    Which often - isn't much.
    Unfortunately, customer service has tanked - right across the board.
    Fortunately, this forum (and others like it) can provide a venue to vent...and share experiences.
    The BBB? Yeah, not so much...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    After you mentioned the HDMI cable issue I checked mine. AUVIO from Radio Shack fits the HDMI port with enough room for the power cable.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djs9164 View Post
    After you mentioned the HDMI cable issue I checked mine. AUVIO from Radio Shack fits the HDMI port with enough room for the power cable.
    It's not a cable issue, it's an adapter issue. I think we can close this one based on using a cable instead of an adapter solution.

BTW, this is what I have:

mini-hdmi-adapter-2.jpg
    Last edited by rasus; 05-29-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sylphan View Post
    They do, still, have an A rating. Same rating as Samsung and quite a few other mega companies. Most for the same reasons. At least they are accredited by the BBB unlike some other companies.
    I checked BBB for Samsung, Toshiba, Lenovo, Acer, Dell, HP and Sony and none of them have an alert. The rating is based on 16 factors and I guess a company can really screw up in one of them and still get an A. From the Time article posted by eejit: <<<The grading system, ranging from A+ to F, is confusing at best, useless at worst. >>> but an alert might be something more significant and people should know about it. If I knew, I might have bought store warranty to avoid dealing with Asus support. But I thought that because I bought an Asus the risk was was small and I didn't want to spend the extra money.

And Asus is not BBB accredited .
    Last edited by rasus; 05-29-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit View Post
    Meh, I appreciate you're sore from your experience, but please take the BBB for what it's worth.
    Which often - isn't much.
    Unfortunately, customer service has tanked - right across the board.
    Fortunately, this forum (and others like it) can provide a venue to vent...and share experiences.
    The BBB? Yeah, not so much...
    Thanks for the article, disappointing but good to know. Unfortunately BBB was the only thing that we had as consumer advocate organization. Forums are good but information is chaotic and hard to verify. Flawed as it is BBB is still something we can refer to in cases like this. Just my opinion.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Sorry to read of your disappointing experiences rasus

Just for the record & to ensure no confusion, I would just like to say that this forum has no connection with Asus. It is an independent user forum & you are welcome to document your experiences here. As is everyone - both good and bad! That is not to say that everyone will agree with you, of course, but our forum rules do ensure that everyone is entitled to express their opinions as long as they are expressed in a polite way. Your posts have been perfectly in sympathy with our rules & guidelines & I hope that any views that do not echo yours will continue to be given in a similar way.

Anyway, I looked at this thread and the other you posted about Asus & BBB and saw that they were able to be sensibly combined into one. In order to make things clearer for all & easier for you to reply / refer to this thread & subject in general, I have merged the two and done general housekeeping here to ensure the sensible reading & flow of this one thread.

I hope you get a happy conclusion to this story & we'll all be interested to read how things turn out. Any company can get it wrong, of course & I hope that Asus will turn things around for you in due course. All the best
    rscheller and sculptedstylus like this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by exitguy View Post
    Had that problem so I got a Micro HDMI Male to HDMI Female Cable like this Micro HDMI Male to HDMI Female Cable - Biggest Range and Best Price | Computers & Parts Land -
    I just went straight to a cable as it was the same price as getting an adapter for me and I've never had a need to hook up my laptop (full size HDMI port) to a TV when I'd want to hook my T100 up (micro HDMI port), so no worries on having to carry two cables. Just one at any given time.

What might blow your mind, if you plug a micro USB OTG adapter (male micro USB, female USB) in, you can't plug anything in to the HDMI port, even a regular micro HDMI cable.

Sorry, sounds kind of snarky. Yeah, I guess I can kind of see a design issue there, but if you look at a lot of tablets, they have this issue and even some laptops port spacing is too close, especially if you have to use an adapter of some type directly in the port instead of the cable/device normally meant to plug straight in.

It very well could be that asus couldn't easily relocate the ports on the board based on other circuit design issues. I will at least say, I'd rather everything be plugged in to the same side that on seperate sides. It makes it a little less of a spaghetti monster. I do kind of wish that the USB3 port was on the other side of the dock to match up with the headphone, micro USB and micro HDMI ports on the tablet.

Well...actually I wish it had ports on both sides really. Though I can see if you are plugging a wired mouse in, having the cord sticking straight out towards your mouse would be cumbersome.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasus View Post
    I'm not perfect and I don't expect life to be either. But, this issue and this forum are not about me, are about Asus.

The fact that the product was defective I accepted and I thought that I was just an unlucky customer who bought one of the 0.1% (or put any number you want in here) of Asus products that for some reason got out of the production line defective. I didn't come here to vent at that point. I did what any normal people would do, I accepted my faith and called customer support to try to fix the issue.

The fact that in 2 weeks after the netbook arrived at the repair center and the fact that after contacting Client support 6 times and they couldn't tell me anything about the status on my netbook except that it arrived, the fact that I was told that I will be called and never received a call, that I was told I will be emailed but never received an email have nothing to do with perfection, to me it's incompetence. If you want to accept incompetence from others because you're not perfect or because life it's not perfect it's your choice, but I chose not to accept it. And if we would keep quiet about this things Asus is not going to have any incentives to fix their problems and other people will suffer too.
    I am not saying you should accept the crappy support. What I am saying is that you should not judge a company or its full product line based on a couple of bad experiences. Looking at the BBB warning, what is "a pattern"? 10 complaints? And what about the truthfulness of the complaints? As an IT manager I have had my fair share of people who made complaining their personal lifestyle, based on lack of knowledge or complete disregard of realistic expectations. Each case requires an individual review, no a generic disqualification..

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasus View Post
    Hi,

I bought my first Asus system, a T100, in February this year. I had Asus products before, mostly desktop parts, and never had an issue. Did some research on tablets/netbooks and the T100 seemed like the ideal product, decent price for decent specifications. For a while I was happy with it. Then problems started to appear. First, one of the websites (using MS Silverlight) that I used to go frequently started crashing. Then I realized that the space bar wasn't working very well. When I was typing I had to go back and add spaces between words. Then I tried to connect it to my TV and charge it in the same time. Good luck with that. If you want to watch a movie on your TV you better have your tablet charged as the miniHDMI and usb ports are too close and you can't have both plugged in. Than, the cherry on the cake. I tried installing an Asus update 3 weeks ago and that update failed. After that I couldn't start it at all. I sent it to Asus for repairs as it was still under warranty hopping for a quick fix but that never happened. 2 weeks after it arrived at the repair centre in Ontario (I'm in Alberta) nobody can't tell me what the status of the repairs is. I chatted and called a few times. One week ago I was told that my case was escalated and that I will receive a call in 24-48 hrs which never happened. Today I was told the same thing, the case was escalated and I should be able to see the status in 24 hrs. Some how I can't believe that is going to happen.

I bought the Asus T100 not just because It fitted my needs but because I thought Asus is a top of the line company which makes quality stuff and stands behind its products. Looks like I was wrong.

All the best
    sorry to hear that but ASUS dont handle repair themselves, they appoint various 3rd party companies, it sounds like the one you were directed to maybe isnt so good, i had in the UK very good experience.

Its no excuse ASUS should still control these companies

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links