Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan View Post
    Thanks Rednroll for your great reply!
    I agree that capacity is really the best way to answer my question.
    I hope someone will come forward soon with the capacity for the 32G model.
    As of right now, I'm calculating somewhere between 8GB to 11GB of available free space on the 32GB model, but since I don't have a 32GB model, I can't say for sure. Maybe someone with a 32GB can be kind enough to share how much their C: drives capacity actually shows. Must be too simple of a question, thus why it's difficult to get an answer.

My best guestimate would be that the 32GB model has a C: Drive capacity of 29.8GB, but since I don't know if 100% of that 32GB eMMC is dedicated for the C: drive, I can't say for sure. 29.8GB would be the max capacity available.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan View Post
    I didn't follow the above line where you state that apps all get installed on the C: drive; this just after you said you installed all your apps on your 64G microSD card.
    I didn't say I installed all my "apps" on the external micro SD card, I said I installed all my "Programs" to the external micro SD card. You can install Full programs to any drive because full programs come with an installer which allows them to be installed to any drive location. However, "Apps" also referred to as "Metro Apps" on Windows 8, that you purchase through the Microsoft Store, ALL get installed on the C: Drive. I don't have any large Metro apps installed, mainly media playback apps like Slacker, iHeart Radio, YouTube and some other video playback apps. Apps and full Windows programs are 2 different things.

As a further example on my micro SD card which shows up as my D: drive , I have the full version of Photoshop CC, Sound Forge and Office Professional 2013 installed. These are full programs which usually occupy 200-800MB of disc space each. Actually 1.12GB for Office 2013. On my C: drive are the Microsoft Store installed Apps, like Slacker, iHeart, etc. Apps are much smaller in size and lighter versions of a program in most cases. They usually take up disc space in the range of 5MB-40MB each.....unless, you start installing App "games" which tend to be much bigger. Anyways, "Apps" can only be installed on the C: Drive. So if you plan on purchasing a bunch of App "games" through the Microsoft store, this is where you could run into some problems on the 32GB model, but that can also be the case for the 64GB model depending on how many large game apps you plan to install.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 05-31-2014 at 03:40 PM.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by tomy00 View Post
    Hi, there are possibility to substitute the 32 for 64 or more? Or the memory in on board?

Thanks.
    tomy00... are you OK buddy?

I know there's a lot of folks reading this thread and if they're like me, they're thinking that this whole thread IMHO is a big waste of time. This 32 vs 64 has all been discussed in other threads.

Markman if you're 100% set on a T100 and you have the choice and the money, get the 64GB. I can guarantee if you get the 32GB, at some point you'll wish you'd gotten the 64 but if you get the 64GB, you'll never wish you'd gotten the 32.

And to answer your question... most all PC/Windows programs when installed, write data to the Windows registry as well as "integrating" itself with some small files that install onto the main Windows drive... that's on the C: drive. You can redirect an install to a different drive, which installs a large part of the files to another drive but you can't change the first part. It's the way Windows works and you can't change that.

Your other questions have been answered in great detail. Again IMHO, let's move on.
    tomy00 likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    tomy00... are you OK buddy?

I know there's a lot of folks reading this thread and if they're like me, they're thinking that this whole thread IMHO is a big waste of time. This 32 vs 64 has all been discussed in other threads.

Markman if you're 100% set on a T100 and you have the choice and the money, get the 64GB. I can guarantee if you get the 32GB, at some point you'll wish you'd gotten the 64 but if you get the 64GB, you'll never wish you'd gotten the 32.

And to answer your question... most all PC/Windows programs when installed, write data to the Windows registry as well as "integrating" itself with some small files that install onto the main Windows drive... that's on the C: drive. You can redirect an install to a different drive, which installs a large part of the files to another drive but you can't change the first part. It's the way Windows works and you can't change that.

Your other questions have been answered in great detail. Again IMHO, let's move on.
    Since this has all been discussed in other threads before and I may have not have read those threads, can you inform us how much disk capacity shows on the C: drive of the 32GB model?

rscheller
    Here's the thread... http://www.transformerforums.com/for...32gb-64gb.html

In fact if the moderators concur, I think these threads should be merged.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Here's the thread... http://www.transformerforums.com/for...32gb-64gb.html

In fact if the moderators concur, I think these threads should be merged.
    Yep thanks, I used Google. Found the answer in this thread. Looks to be the 32GB model has a 28.2GB capacity.
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ew-t100-2.html

The thread you posted where this has all been discussed before didn't have the answer. It had a bunch of discussions similar to this one with personal opinions and individual preferences without giving any real facts in regards to "useable free space" on each model.

It's obvious to just say to buy the the one with more capacity if you can afford it. However, myself and it seems like the OP as well, like to educate ourselves with actual facts and make our own decisions based upon our own personal needs.

For example, let's say I have a $400 budget to spend on a T100 and the 32GB is about $50 less in most instances. Now that I have the facts, I can determine with the $50 price difference the 32GB has about 10GB of free space and the 64GB has about 31GB of free space. So I'm paying $50 for +21GB of useable space on the 64GB model for that $50. Maybe, the extra 21GB of free space is not all that important to me. 128GB microSD cards have now hit the market and can be found in the $50 price range.

So do I spend my $400 on the 64GB model and get 31GB of free usable space or do I spend my $400 on a 32GB model and get (120GB + 10GB) 130GB of free useable space?

Everyone just told me to buy the 64GB model, but now that I have the actual facts, the 32GB is kind of looking more attractive if I'm working with the same budget of spending.

The last I checked this thread was titled "free disk space", looking for that answer on both the 64GB and 32GB models. Nobody in 2 threads of discussion answered that question, until I just did now. Find me a thread in this forum that has and I will digress, the last thread link you posted didn't have that answer.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 05-31-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    MarkMan likes this.

rscheller
    So do I spend my $400 on the 64GB model and get 31GB of free usable space or do I spend my $400 on a 32GB models and get (110GB + 10GB) 120GB of free useable space?
    With that math I agree, get the 32GB.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    With that math I agree, get the 32GB.
    So you're admitting there wasn't any previous discussions where 32G vs. 64G "free disk space" was discussed before?

Maybe we should suggest to just merge ALL threads in this forum because obviously any discussion about the T100 are all the same anyways huh?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Refer my 3rd post in this thread, i have answered the question.

In 32gb model, you have around 13gb left with office installed. That's without tweaking anything except cleaning all temporary files including windows updates temp files.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Hi Markman,

Here would be the summary of 64GB vs. 32GB free disk space when making all things equal on both systems (ie Apples to Apples comparison)

64GB Model
    C: Drive Capacity= 49.1GB
    Approximate Windows 8.1 with updates used Capacity Size= 18GB
    Free Space= 31GB

32GB Model
    C: Drive Capacity= 28.2 GB
    Free Space= 10.2GB
    rscheller and MarkMan like this.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
    Hi Markman,

Here would be the summary of 64GB vs. 32GB free disk space when making all things equal on both systems (ie Apples to Apples comparison)

64GB Model
    C: Drive Capacity= 49.1GB
    Free Space= 31GB

32GB Model
    C: Drive Capacity= 28.2 GB
    Free Space= 10.2GB
    Thank you Rednroll
    Rednroll likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads