Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth disappeared!

I've had the T100 for about a month now. After 3 days I lost Wifi. After updating the Bios the laptop performed flawlessly. However, today, I turned on the laptop and my bluetooth mouse was not working. When I went to PC and device settings, there was no setting to turn on bluetooth! There was no "Bluetooth" area under PC and Device settings! How can that be? I had to do a recover to bring back the Bluetooth setting.

Why is this happening and how can it be prevented? I don't want to have to go through a full restore and reinstall my programs every month or two.

Please help.

rscheller
    From the desktop, look in Control Panel>Device Manager and see what driver versions you're using for your "Broadcom 802.11bgn Wireless SDIO Adapter" and your "Bluetooth Radio" and respond here with that info?
    Last edited by rscheller; 05-16-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Rscheller.

Thank you for responding. Sorry for the late response. I thought I would get an email when someone responded but did not get one.

Anyway, my bluetooth radio driver is 6.3.9600.16421 and my Broadcam 802.11 abgn Wireless SDio adapter is 5.93.99.187.

I tried to update the drivers using the internet feature but is said that they were the current version.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Everything is working fine now, but I just don't want it to happen again. Also, anyway to determine which Bios version I have without opening up the laptop. I had previously updated the Bios prior to the "restore" and I just want to make sure I have the latest version.

Thanks again!

rscheller
    Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Everything is working fine now, but I just don't want it to happen again. Also, anyway to determine which Bios version I have without opening up the laptop. I had previously updated the Bios prior to the "restore" and I just want to make sure I have the latest version.
    This question is so often asked, it should be a stickey all by itself. Go to desktop and long hold on the start button then tap run and type msinfo32 then OK and about 12 lines down in the report, will be your BIOS version. There is another way by searching on "pc info" from the metro start screen and I believe the report shown will show the BIOS version.

FYI in my experience, the Broadcam 802.11 abgn Wireless SDio adapter driver 5.93.99.187 your using is not stable for me. I continue to have the best luck with the driver in my signature below and I've tried every one Asus has made available. Sadly though, unless you you see 5.93.97.168 (MS) if you try and roll back your driver, you can no longer get it from the Asus support download page.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links