Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: PREVIOUS v306 BIOS DISCUSSION THREAD (only)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyPwnage View Post
    Flashed my T100 with the 306 bios. No issues to report yet. Fingers crossed that the update fixed the intermittent "IRQL not less than or equal" blue screen as it hasn't shown up since.
    I actually just got one of those for the very first time after updating to 306.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Been running my T100 on bios 306 for two days now. No problems yet, system has been very very snappy.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    More snappy with the new BIOS?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I just bought a new T100 32GB+ 500GB drive to replace my previous 32GB without the 500GB drive. Installed all the windows updates and tried to winflash the bios to 306. That failed due to memory allocation issues, so I EZ flashed through the BIOS menu.. Big mistake apparantly because now it won't even start up. Battery is fully charged, at least according to the indicator light next to the power button that went from orange to white. I tried the reset by pushing both the windows button and power button at the same time for 10 seconds. I can see the power indicator light switch of for a second and then switch on again, I can even hear the HD reacting, but the tablet itself doesn't do anything.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by cdernst; 05-04-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: misspelled GB

rscheller
    Please take this comment for how it is intended as it will help other folks.

Welcome and so sorry for your experience... I can only assume you did some research which somehow led you to use Easyflash to try and update your BIOS however a little research here would have,

1. warned you to never use Easyflash for a BIOS update on the T100
    2. would have helped you resolve the "memory allocation" issue using Winflash.

Some more research here may enlighten you but I don't know of anyone that has recovered from using Easyflash? Good luck.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi All,

I've installed v306 bios recently and I'm not very happy about it! I receive a bluescreen every time I undock the tablet! The error is "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" .

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    Please take this comment for how it is intended as it will help other folks.

Welcome and so sorry for your experience... I can only assume you did some research which somehow led you to use Easyflash to try and update your BIOS however a little research here would have,

1. warned you to never use Easyflash for a BIOS update on the T100
    2. would have helped you resolve the "memory allocation" issue using Winflash.

Some more research here may enlighten you but I don't know of anyone that has recovered from using Easyflash? Good luck.
    these issues were posted here but i guess if you are not part of a forum and you see a flash utility that was put there by ASUS you assume it will work....

cdernst, i made same mistake as you, unfortunately it brickes the tablet, i would think that latest BIOS updates would have fixed it or completely removes this utility. From what version were you flashing?

ps: i have used this utility on lots of asus motherboards, always works!

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimo View Post
    these issues were posted here but i guess if you are not part of a forum and you see a flash utility that was put there by ASUS you assume it will work....

cdernst, i made same mistake as you, unfortunately it brickes the tablet, i would think that latest BIOS updates would have fixed it or completely removes this utility. From what version were you flashing?

ps: i have used this utility on lots of asus motherboards, always works!
    It's not a casual find to come across Easyflash... you actually have to deliberately enter the BIOS on boot to find it or download it from another location other than the T100 Asus support page. There's also a lot of videos and articles about using Easyflash on various Asus products as well. I can easily understand the reason why a new T100 owner might use the Easyflash method and Asus should take some of the blame for this mistake but the fact is, you can't believe everything you read/see on the internet and the chance of someone coming here first to see posts regarding bricking a T100 by using Easyflash vs finding an article or youtube video showing how to update Asus tablets or mobos using Easyflash is a crap shoot.

I'm gonna take a guess that the reason Easyflash is still shown in the T100 BIOS is that Winflash sets on top of Easyflash and running Winflash does some sort of preparation then hands off the update to Easyflash. Heck... once started and after the Winflash screen, the utility actually shows Easyflash in the header. Not hard to get confused with that at all... ACCCKKKK.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    It's not a casual find to come across Easyflash... you actually have to deliberately enter the BIOS on boot to find it or download it from another location other than the T100 Asus support page. There's also a lot of videos and articles about using Easyflash on various Asus products as well. I can easily understand the reason why a new T100 owner might use the Easyflash method and Asus should take some of the blame for this mistake but the fact is, you can't believe everything you read/see on the internet and the chance of someone coming here first to see posts regarding bricking a T100 by using Easyflash vs finding an article or youtube video showing how to update Asus tablets or mobos using Easyflash is a crap shoot.

I'm gonna take a guess that the reason Easyflash is still shown in the T100 BIOS is that Winflash sets on top of Easyflash and running Winflash does some sort of preparation then hands off the update to Easyflash. Heck... once started and after the Winflash screen, the utility actually shows Easyflash in the header. Not hard to get confused with that at all... ACCCKKKK.
    it also shows that flash completed successfully, done, success.... and on reboot it breaks your heart.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Not asigning blame but i've always updated bios through the bios menu without problems, never thought about it really. And like vadimo said you get a completed succesfully when you do. Asus should remove that utility if you're not supposed to use it. I will claim warranty because I've done nothing out of the ordinary. Nobody is getting anything from this it's a lose-lose situation and they really should remedy this flash issue.

Update:
    Apparantly the international warranty isn't applicable when you buy your unit at Amazon. Asus has an agreement with Amazon according to the helpdesk in the Benelux wherein the warranty has been limited to the USA only. Which doesn't sit right with me since there was no mention about this when I bought the unit nor was there documentation included where this was stated. And I bought this unit (secondary reason main reason being the baytrail chip) because of the worldwide presence of Asus service stations. So it comes down to accept the € 75,- investigation costs and whatever extra costs they have to make to fix this or start an email discussion with Asus and Amazon to get the warranty. I'm not a happy person at this moment.
    Last edited by cdernst; 05-05-2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Update on warranty

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links