Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Probably buying in next week, quick questions

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I did all updates and a clean TouchPal install. I'm having 2 problems.

First, when the keyboards comes up, it's the default keyboard, and I have to pick it every time.

The bigger thing is I can shrink the keyboard to the right of the screen, but it's still covering half the screen with a big black empty box. If there is a setting to fix it, I haven't found it.

edit: or make the little 3-button floaty go away
    Last edited by polstein; 04-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by polstein View Post
    I did all updates and a clean TouchPal install. I'm having 2 problems.

First, when the keyboards comes up, it's the default keyboard, and I have to pick it every time.

The bigger thing is I can shrink the keyboard to the right of the screen, but it's still covering half the screen with a big black empty box. If there is a setting to fix it, I haven't found it.

edit: or make the little 3-button floaty go away
    Sounds too me like you may be referring to the Windows "on screen keyboard" which is different than the "pop up" keyboard found in Metro or Desktop.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    Sounds too me like you may be referring to the Windows "on screen keyboard" which is different than the "pop up" keyboard found in Metro or Desktop.
    I was playing with the osk earlier today.

After updates, I somehow got the TouchPal keyboard to give me a floating (but not realizable) window, which is good - now I just need to keep the pop up metro keyboard from opening (yes, I have 2 keyboards on top of each other). I seem to remember reading about a way to do it. ..just need to find it again.

rscheller
    Pardon me but I'm not understanding what it is you're doing? In my experience, in metro the keyboard response is nearly perfect in its predictive accessibility... now though in desktop, each time you need the keyboard, you have to touch the keyboard icon on the taskbar. In either case, you can select from four keyboard optional styles by touching the lower right keyboard icon. Once selected, that keyboard style remains the default until changed.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    First, you can disable the metro keyboard. Shut down the touch and something service. However, I think I accidently got the wrong service the first time - something alphabetically close to it I assume. Can someone please do a screen grab of services around letter t so I can make sure I didn't disable something important?

My problems with metro: huge full screen thing when I'm holding tablet with left hand and typing with right index finger, and no sliding support.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    Pardon me but I'm not understanding what it is you're doing? In my experience, in metro the keyboard response is nearly perfect in its predictive accessibility... now though in desktop, each time you need the keyboard, you have to touch the keyboard icon on the taskbar. In either case, you can select from four keyboard optional styles by touching the lower right keyboard icon. Once selected, that keyboard style remains the default until changed.
    Chrome automatically opens your keyboard in desktop mode.
    Last edited by ropecore; 04-19-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    rscheller likes this.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by ropecore View Post
    Chrome automatically opens your keyboard in desktop mode.
    Thanks for the tip and I stand corrected. I tried Chrome, FF and Aurora (Metro FF) on the T100 many months ago and none were IMHO as good an experience as IE Metro. Would I switch away from IE for a better browser? Yep... in a heartbeat!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    its all working now, a better keyboard is (you can set up both def, or this one to.

popup like android , Touch-It - Home

iv set it up, it uses windos keyboard default, or i click on desktop icon, it then uses it.

also to help you no if caps on is on via on screen.....
    Keyboard Leds - Software Informer. View on-screen status of Num, Caps, and Scroll lock keys.

a good desktop restore 8.1 xp win7 etc
    Download program Desktop Restore by Jamie O'Connell

gadgets
    8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8 / 8.1
    margu-notebook good wirless bar streng etc

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by TERRABYTEONE View Post
    its all working now, a better keyboard is (you can set up both def, or this one to.

popup like android , Touch-It - Home

iv set it up, it uses windos keyboard default, or i click on desktop icon, it then uses it.

also to help you no if caps on is on via on screen.....
    Keyboard Leds - Software Informer. View on-screen status of Num, Caps, and Scroll lock keys.

a good desktop restore 8.1 xp win7 etc
    Download program Desktop Restore by Jamie O'Connell

gadgets
    8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8 / 8.1
    margu-notebook good wirless bar streng etc
    What language is that? Sorry it's just hard to read. Still hard to tell if your happy with your T100 experience. For about 6 months now, I've not used any add-ons to have a great experience.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Since the OP polstein has purchased his T100, this thread is going off on several tangents. If you have specific questions or comments it might be best to post them in existing threads (T100 tips for instance) or create a new one.

With that in mind, I'll close this thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links