Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    hi dangruzman... i agree with kempies... i faced the same problem with you and i tried disabling and enabling the usb under 'device manager' and it solved the problem, thank god!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a same problem about that, but my is only keyboard not working. USB/Mouse Pad/500GB HDD on keyboard dock is working. Even I have try update my windows 8.1 to windows 10 still can't solve this problem. Did anyone can help me to solve this problem ?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem that rainykiss mentioned:

"Everytime i tilt the screen, it has a chiming sound meaning it has detected the dock but it after a few seconds it chimes again meaning it has disconnected."

Then a very good reply by LjL:
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by LjL View Post
    That happens to me sometimes, but if I remove the dock and then "click" it in again firmly, it stops happening.
    Check for dust in both connectors, maybe try using compressed air to clean them.
    If nothing works, then this certainly sounds like a hardware defect that should be handled by RMA.
    And now the question: what exactly are the "both connectors"? There are three "sticks" on the docking station and three "holes" on the tablet, so which of those three "sticks" and three "holes" are the "two connectors"?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Everyone, I just joined in order to write down my experience for those few frustrated users out there. My keyboard got flaky after a year (when it stopped working, no keys would respond); reboots would usually fix the problem, or closing/opening the lid, etc., but eventually even those didn't fix it. I searched everywhere and couldn't find the answer. Then I kicked myself for realizing it's the most obvious issue: mechanical/electrical contact problem between the keyboard dock and the main unit. My temp workaround is to give the top of the lid a nice push tighter into the docking port. That always works. Next, I'm going to try compressed air and possibly an electrical contact cleaner. Lastly, I'll use pliers to maybe pinch the connector tighter, if the other methods don't work. If anyone else has had this problem, or has advice, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I'm no Geek Squad kind of guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangruzman View Post
    Hi all, my T100 keyboard/dock has stopped responding to my tablet after leaving it charging overnight. The trackpad and USB port also do not respond. I notice also that the tablet gets very warm at the bottom now if I leave it docked with the unresponsive keyboard.

I have tried to solve this by doing a system refresh and by restarting several times. This hasn't helped so far.

Did I somehow manage to burn up my keyboard? Would getting a new dock help? Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought my tablet a couple of years ago and i=since the docking problem arose, I haven't used it much since then.

Initially, I didn't detach the keyboard from the screen - then after nearly a year (I think it was but stillunder warranty) I decided to detach but couldn't.So I brought it back to the shop who agreed it was stuck but managed to 'unstick' it. Their explanation was that the glue holding a felt ( or other material) had come through the material and hadstuck the two parts together. Got it home and hey presto -stuck again. So this time I knew what it was - so unstuck it again and removed the material and cleaned the glue off the docking part.

Ever since there has been to much 'play' between the screen and keyboard. I notice that the next on model, the docking mechanizm goes completely across the back of the screen and not just about 50% of it; so one can only presume that Asus have encountered an issue here.

However, I am on holidays now and brought the tablet with me - very difficult to get the keyboard to work but with a lot of fiddling around and finding that the right side of the docking mechanizm seems to be where the problem lies, I pay most attention here by pressing it down slightly harder so as to get a connection.

Sometimes it works if I partially close the screen and open it gentle again, it may work.

I won't be buying an Asus again, that is for sure.
    Last edited by facetious; 10-07-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: didn'tdo a spell check before posting

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

T100Tam keyboard not working

Quote Originally Posted by dangruzman View Post
    Hi all, my T100 keyboard/dock has stopped responding to my tablet after leaving it charging overnight. The trackpad and USB port also do not respond. I notice also that the tablet gets very warm at the bottom now if I leave it docked with the unresponsive keyboard.

I have tried to solve this by doing a system refresh and by restarting several times. This hasn't helped so far.

Did I somehow manage to burn up my keyboard? Would getting a new dock help? Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    My problem was even worse as not only did the keyboard not work but randomly when I turned the computer on a random letter (I think the letter “y”) would appear in the password box and would replicate itself 20-30 times. It would simply go flying by in the password box. When attempting to type using the keyboard usually nothing would appear but sometimes the letter “y” would appear 20 times or more. I reset the computer (twice), re-installed the driver, and tried every other fix suggested. I finally stumbled upon the following link and tried it. Lo and behold it worked and my keyboard now works!!! Go to the following link and follow the directions.
    http://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1005519

T100TA mobile dock (keyboard, USB port & touchpad) will no function after disable the [XHCI Pre-bot Mode] option in BIOS.. How to fix this problem?
    Last edited by hiker_at; 10-29-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempies View Post
    Have had the same issue some time back. I resolved by going to devicemanager and disabling and enabling the USB hub. You will see an yellow exclamation mark in front of it. Hope this helps.
    Thx a lot man !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links