Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    The t100 without the dock is definitely at a disadvantage. Still buggier than the ipad, less apps, and now without the keyboard, mouse and usb port compensating factors

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by dangruzman View Post
    The t100 without the dock is definitely at a disadvantage. Still buggier than the ipad, less apps, and now without the keyboard, mouse and usb port compensating factors
    For my use of the T100, I humbly disagree... I'm fully engaged using mine as a tablet. I use my desktop for MS office and the heavy work.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    My desktop has been replaced by my laptop long ago, now the T100 is a replacement for my aged laptop, so the dock is a must.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought this T100 for laptop use so I can't ditch the keyboard dock.

Everytime i tilt the screen, it has a chiming sound meaning it has detected the dock but it after a few seconds it chimes again meaning it has disconnected.

LjL
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    That happens to me sometimes, but if I remove the dock and then "click" it in again firmly, it stops happening.
    Check for dust in both connectors, maybe try using compressed air to clean them.
    If nothing works, then this certainly sounds like a hardware defect that should be handled by RMA.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    ^ The compressed air did the trick, the HDD, Keyboard, Trackpad worked again. Looks like this problem will be a major issue for this laptop in the coming months or years when the laptop gets old. I need to save up for a new laptop in case the keyboard dock won't be recognized by the tablet permanently.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rainykiss View Post
    ^ The compressed air did the trick, the HDD, Keyboard, Trackpad worked again. Looks like this problem will be a major issue for this laptop in the coming months or years when the laptop gets old. I need to save up for a new laptop in case the keyboard dock won't be recognized by the tablet permanently.
    If you leave it docked, since you want to use it as a laptop anyway, then it'll be harder for the connection to get dirty again... You can also opt for external keyboard solutions, or take advantage of the USB 3.0 port to use it with available docking stations...

But, worse comes to worse, you can buy a replacement keyboard... Asus Parts carry them, if you can't find it locally...

Mind, make sure you don't just have a defection part that a RMA couldn't just fix for you...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem with mine, only the space key would work on the dock. but it remains to be told that after i bought it i got a dead unit , was not dead when i got it but after chargigng it went black. i deliverd it back to the store and got a new one right away. THIS one would fail with the keyboard, some keys would work but dosent help mutch with my password not beeing able to be enterd with the keybord :: So i handet in agen this time they sendt it to repair to asus and they replaced a foulty dock i belive. worked like a charm for 2 days now i have the problem AGEN, anoying but i think i will try the high pressure air blowing tip to clean sience that sonds like it could be the solution. if it does not fix it for me i'm shure asus and me will come to an agreement about trading for other modell or somthing they are werry accomondating and this has been a bitch for me who was looking forward to use it on trains and stuff with keyboard.
    good luck to you and ill keep you posted on my proress.

Factory reset device manager and everthing turnd up with no result still dead keybord for me.

(I have the non HDD one)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    7 times
    When I bought my T100, the keyboard was "ZOA" (zombie on arrival). It was dead upon connection but would wake up if closed the lid. This situation last for few days until it became dead for good. I got an RMA from ASUS and when it got back, I could see on the service sheet that they had to replace a connector inside. I have decided then to use the dock as less as possible and brought back to service an old full size foldable Thinkoutside Sierra Bluetooth keyboard I had bought for a Pocket PC at the time. Works real well and pretty handy too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem - keyboard, usb port & trackpad wouldn't work when connected to the tablet, though it'd worked fine for two months after buying. I uninstalled the driver for the keyboard in the device manager and disconnected the physical keyboard from the tablet. When I reconnected it, the driver reinstalled itself and it seems to be working fine again. Fingers crossed that it keeps working!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links