Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [ SOLVED ] CPU clock speed problem ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

Question [ SOLVED ] CPU clock speed problem ?

I noticed that when im using my t100 doing some web browsing, mostly that though. I open up task manager and the CPU hovers around the 1.00 Ghz maybe hitting 0.9 Ghz. But it never idles at the lowest clockspeed 0.5 Ghz. And sometimes it stays at the highest clockspeed 1.84 Ghz Under practically no load on the CPU. Though, this all changes when i plug in the power, everything goes back to normal it idles at 0.5 Ghz and automatically goes up too 1.84 Ghz if needed. Its a bummer because on battery the CPU will be consuming more power then usual because of the idle clocks. I didn't have this problem before, how can i fix this ?
    Last edited by Ki6465; 03-28-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki6465 View Post
    I noticed that when im using my t100 doing some web browsing, mostly that though. I open up task manager and the CPU hovers around the 1.00 Ghz maybe hitting 0.9 Ghz. But it never idles at the lowest clockspeed 0.5 Ghz. And sometimes it stays at the highest clockspeed 1.84 Ghz Under practically no load on the CPU. Though, this all changes when i plug in the power everything goes back to normal it idles at 0.5 Ghz and automatically goes up too 1.84 Ghz if needed. Its a bummer because on battery the CPU will be consuming more power then usual because of the idle clocks. I didn't have this problem before, how can i fix this ?
    i've had it happen to me as well and i've concluded that it's just an occasional glitch. I didn't realize plugging it in fixes it; I'd always just rebooted. Not sure the cause, though

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kerkesmith View Post
    i've had it happen to me as well and i've concluded that it's just an occasional glitch. I didn't realize plugging it in fixes it; I'd always just rebooted. Not sure the cause, though
    I've rebooted numerous times and it still doesn't fix it. Software glitch maybe ?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    28 times
    0e% CPU load is very rare. Especially when do are actually doing something. Also Windows has the occasional background task running.
    So it is not that weird.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieZ View Post
    0e% CPU load is very rare. Especially when do are actually doing something. Also Windows has the occasional background task running.
    So it is not that weird.
    agreed with your 'rarely 0%' thought, but being pegged at 1.84 incessantly unless rebooted (or plugged in) IS kinda weird..dunno if that's what the OP was describing entirely, but that was what I was responding to

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kerkesmith View Post
    agreed with your 'rarely 0%' thought, but being pegged at 1.84 incessantly unless rebooted (or plugged in) IS kinda weird..dunno if that's what the OP was describing entirely, but that was what I was responding to
    Could be a background service or some installed application acting up or interfering with throttling down. Too less information to give sensible reply really.

Tip: check the Windows performance counters to see more in detail.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieZ View Post
    Could be a background service or some installed application acting up or interfering with throttling down. Too less information to give sensible reply really.

Tip: check the Windows performance counters to see more in detail.
    +1

Pull up task manager and look through the different services and see what if anything is using the CPU and how much utilization. Actually see what the utilization is like between cores and total both on AC and on battery.

It does sound odd though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    What browser are you using ? Chrome is actually resource heavy. Under Settings -> Adavanced and Under System uncheck -> Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    +1

Pull up task manager and look through the different services and see what if anything is using the CPU and how much utilization. Actually see what the utilization is like between cores and total both on AC and on battery.

It does sound odd though.
    With chrome closed. The CPU has 2 to 5% CPU usage and all the cores are evenly used no spikes on the graphs. but the CPU is running at near max CPU Clockspeed 1.84 Ghz 1.6, 1.7 Ghz. But as soon as I pulg it in, the CPU still has about 2 to 4% CPU usage with all cores evenly used no spikes, the CPU now is down-clocking itself to the normal idle clocks 0.5, 0.6 Ghz. This goes the same even when i have chrome open. with the exception of maybe 1 to 3% more CPU usage but evenly through out the cores.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki6465 View Post
    With chrome closed. The CPU has 2 to 5% CPU usage and all the cores are evenly used no spikes on the graphs. but the CPU is running at near max CPU Clockspeed 1.84 Ghz 1.6, 1.7 Ghz. But as soon as I pulg it in, the CPU still has about 2 to 4% CPU usage with all cores evenly used no spikes, the CPU now is down-clocking itself to the normal idle clocks 0.5, 0.6 Ghz. This goes the same even when i have chrome open. with the exception of maybe 1 to 3% more CPU usage but evenly through out the cores.
    Could still be an app or service messing around. Any "optimizing" utilities installed or battery monitors?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links