Thread: General Questions about Asus Transformer T100

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Typo on my part, its a nano USB drive, but specifically it is the Mushkin Atom USB3 thumb drive. Ittty bitty, very fast, super low power consumption. Generally awesome, except the loss potential.

atom 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I like the idea of running windows 8.1 on portable device like the T100 because the general Windows applications I used frequently would be able to run on it.
    With the physical size (screen size, keyboard, trackpad) of T100, would it be acceptable to work with powerpoint presentation on it without connecting it to larger display or using separate mouse?

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTsang View Post
    I like the idea of running windows 8.1 on portable device like the T100 because the general Windows applications I used frequently would be able to run on it.
    With the physical size (screen size, keyboard, trackpad) of T100, would it be acceptable to work with powerpoint presentation on it without connecting it to larger display or using separate mouse?
    That's a very subjective question... you'll have to try it and see for yourself.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTsang View Post
    The T100 was not designed to be a workstation. Remember, it's a 10" tablet/ultraportable with only one USB port. However, with a mouse, editing PPT presentations should be tolerable on this machine. If you intend to connect this machine to a projector, you will need to buy a micro HDMI to VGA cable (or micro HDMI to HDMI if the projector supports HDMI).

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    A handful of projectors also support Widi or miracast, so you could use that wirelessly to connect if the projector supports it or if you have a widi/miracast adapter for the projector.

As Rscheller said, very subjective. It took some getting used to for me when switching for the first few weeks, but I generally don't have any issues with anything. I do occasionally yearn for a bigger screen, especially using lightroom, but it works fine for quick and dirty work in lightroom and actually my T100 display is a bit better calibrated and diffinitely better sRGB coverage than my laptop or desktop monitor are...so in some ways that is a nice perk to working in lightroom and photoshop on my T100 over either of those machines (of course I really need to bite the bullet and just spend the $300-400 on a nice 1080/1440p desktop monitor).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links