RVV
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    HI All
    Some great info so far but I have a question. Just bought my 64gig Transformer T100TA today so getting up to speed with it and win 8.1.

I have two power bank back ups that are 2.1 amp and they work fine for charging the Asus. Cheap at $26 NZD each. Been using them to charge my Iphone.

I'm getting a 64gig Micro USB to put in the slot to increase the storage, and I read here it doesn't have to be a fast one, Thanks for that information

Was just wondering if I bought a Micro USB to female USB cable (none in the box??) and put it in the charging port could I plug a USB Flash drive stick say 32 gig when I'm on the run and don't have the Key pad with me?

And will that set up interface with my Iphone etc.

What I'm looking for is if someone has a stick drive with some pics on or a pdf I need.
    Can I use this port like a general USB port (Like in my computer) when I don't have the Keypad with me.

Questions might seem a bit uneducated but Thanks in advance

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    If I would buy this tablet without the option of the hard drive in the dock. Can it be added manually? I just have a spare hard drive at home and I could just add it myself instead of buying it. Do all docking station have SATA port inside? Thank you for your time with the answer.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by anubius View Post
    If I would buy this tablet without the option of the hard drive in the dock. Can it be added manually? I just have a spare hard drive at home and I could just add it myself instead of buying it. Do all docking station have SATA port inside? Thank you for your time with the answer.
    I think you guys are being a bit ridiculous about modifying your keydock by trying to "stuff" (any old) hard drive inside of it. There are so many options for external USB 3.0 HDD such as U32 Shadow™ 500GB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive that you could just plug into your keydock USB port that'll do the same thing without hacking up your keydock. IMHO of course.

P.S. with this drive, if you have a microUSB to USB connector (cable)... you could use this HDD without the keydock.
    Last edited by rscheller; 05-08-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anubius View Post
    No.

Might be able to be modified if you could get the correct daughter board and might require a new mainboard in the dock to. Then cutting to make space in the dock.

Easier to just get a new dock that was designed with the HDD in mind (not sure if you could get one sans HDD, but probably). Or easiest and probably cheapest just to tote an external HDD if you need to.

LjL
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    You're getting a 64GB microSD, not a 64GB "microUSB" ;-)

As to the actual microUSB port - yes, you can use it the way you describe. The "microUSB to female USB" cable you describe can also be found termed an "USB-OTG cable".
    Just keep in mind that with the "micro" port and the adapter, there might be a little wiggle compared to a full-size USB port... so be careful with handling things so it doesn't keep disconnecting. That would not be good for your USB stick (or data) at all.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    No you could get a 32GB nano USB drive (see Mushkin Nano...awesome tiny little USB3 thumb drive).

RVV
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LjL View Post
    You're getting a 64GB microSD, not a 64GB "microUSB" ;-)

As to the actual microUSB port - yes, you can use it the way you describe. The "microUSB to female USB" cable you describe can also be found termed an "USB-OTG cable".
    Just keep in mind that with the "micro" port and the adapter, there might be a little wiggle compared to a full-size USB port... so be careful with handling things so it doesn't keep disconnecting. That would not be good for your USB stick (or data) at all.
    Thanks for that
    Yes 64 gig MicroSD typo there ??

Thanks for the info on the micro USB port. I can see my self using it on occasion while I'm out with only the tablet.
    Anything substantial I'll use the proper USB on the keyboard. l have a 4 port hub on my normal computer I can use.
    I'll get a couple of OTG cables and keep one in the car.

Cheers LjL

RVV
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    No you could get a 32GB nano USB drive (see Mushkin Nano...awesome tiny little USB3 thumb drive).
    I didnt know they existed, good idea thanks but I have about 5 std usb sticks that i want to use then there is the compatibility issue.
    If I dont have the converter cable and I want to transfer something off another persons drive I wont be able to.
    I'll check out the nano USB tho.

RVV
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    They dont appear to sell them here yet?? I'll have to go down the local shop and see.

Found some here Store 'n' Stay Nano USB Drive - 64GB: Everyday USB Drives - USB Drives | Verbatim

I wonder if they cover the Charging port they look small enough to leave in permanently?? You could have the 64 gig on board, 64 gig microSD, and 64 gig nano if you wanted to load the T100 up without having to carry a larger portable drive??

Thats interesting.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RVV View Post
    They dont appear to sell them here yet?? I'll have to go down the local shop and see.

Found some here Store 'n' Stay Nano USB Drive - 64GB: Everyday USB Drives - USB Drives | Verbatim

I wonder if they cover the Charging port they look small enough to leave in permanently?? You could have the 64 gig on board, 64 gig microSD, and 64 gig nano if you wanted to load the T100 up without having to carry a larger portable drive??

Thats interesting.

That's what the ad copy says. Small enough to leave in...

Screenshot_2014-05-08-16-06-56.png

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links