Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Asus t100 Factory Reset

Hello all

I was just wondering if there is a way to factory reset the ASUS transformer book t100 to factory settings as I am very paranoid that I will mess up something and not be able to recover windows.

also I do not understand the windows 8 feature "create a recovery drive" does it completely reset the device back to when you made the recovery disk? (files, programs and settings) and how do you actually use the recovery drive

Thank you!

rscheller
    Welcome ryan...

Are you just asking a rhetorical question or do you plan on resetting to factory? Many folks here including myself have done resets and restores with no issue and there's plenty of info to read on subject of recovery and such.
    First, to do any Windows reinstall is not to be taken lightly unless you're out of the box stock which can still take about 20-30 minutes. To do any reset / restore, it'll take significantly more time once you've customized your device (re: 2-4 hrs).
    As for a recovery drive, if I know what you're asking, your T100 has a recovery drive built in and unless you "go out of your way to back up that recovery drive then delete the recovery partition", you'll be OK if you do need to recover Windows.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Under Windows settings there is an option for Restore and Recovery. Just do a either depending on what you want to do. Or a Refresh. You can do it from there, or on boot you can spam hitting the F9 key and it'll take you in to the restore options pre OS loading to do the same.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the response and sorry if I am not understanding your answer

so would I be right in thinking that if i opened the BIOS with f9 (not the power + volume up which is the standard OS reset on most tablets) and select reset or whatever it says it will eventually go back to when you first powered on the device at the windows setup screen with the personalization and password options?

Thank you again

so far I LOVING the T100

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    F2 enters the BIOS and F9 enters the recovery screen (or I have it backwards).

Volume+power will also get you to the recovery screen on startup.

Or you can go through Reset and Recovery settings, or whatever the exact name is, and do the same.

As for the end result, yes, if you do a full recovery, it'll be exactly like when you opened the box. Everything will be removed from it (just the internal memory, it won't wipe any micro SD cards) and all settings will be restored to how they were factory fresh.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok thank you SOOO much I have been wondering about this for ages as the t100 is the only good device I currently own (LOL) and I am very scared of screwing something up and being unable to start windows 8 afresh

Thank You Again!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    You deffinitely can. You just will lose everything on there.

One thing to keep in mind, possibly with ALL recovery methods, you need your bit locker key to do the restore (even if you aren't using bit locker, you need your key to do a restore). If the T100 is your ONLY device, I'd go out to MS website and get your key now and write it down and tuck it away some where, because if your T100 ever gets really hosed

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

How to get it is on that page. I'd give you the direct link, but amusingly enough, the subjects aren't working on my IE8 equipped work computer, so I can't view the link (if you do a recovery, it points you to the exact URL to use also, but just go to the link I posted and located it that way, its faster and cleaner).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

T100 Factory reset with windows 8.1

I read several threads about factory resets including
    [HOW TO] Perform a Factory Reset

But didn't see anything specific to windows 8.1 operating system.
    I haven't a clue if i should press those buttons or not.... help ?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

The thread you mention refers to those Asus devices with Android, not Windows. Hence it isn't relevant to you.

I have moved your post into this thread (which is relevant) because you'll get a better idea here than anywhere else. For further information, a simple Google search on your subject turns up several helpful options including one from Microsoft support which goes into some detail. Additionally, the MS support site will guide you through the various options.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Factory Reset

Recently I had to perform a factory reset on my T100. I used the "Fully clean the drive" option. The process was stuck on 1% for few minutes and all of a sudden it was 66%. Previously when I was performing a FR it used to go one percent at a time from 1% to 90-92% and after that it was 100% all of a sudden. Is that normal? It seems that the result is what it suppose to be... system is konfigured from the beginning... but I'm concerned about those skipped %...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links