Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Jazz
    Member #
    62643
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    15 times

    Question Prevent sleep while watching Netflix

    Title says it. I'm looking for some way to make Windows automatically recognize that Netflix (or any other specific program/process for that matter) is running and not put the PC to sleep. I understand power plans and how to switch them. I'm just looking for a more automated method so as to relieve my forgetful brain from having to manually switch power plans. Any ideas? Thx!
    ______________
    Jim

  2. #2
    Ratchet
    Member #
    65880
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    192
    Liked
    28 times
    Create a desktop shortcut :-)

  3. #3
    rscheller
    Guest
    Are you running Netflix metro or in a desktop browser? My Netflix metro app won't go to sleep when streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbolaya64 View Post
    Title says it. I'm looking for some way to make Windows automatically recognize that Netflix (or any other specific program/process for that matter) is running and not put the PC to sleep. I understand power plans and how to switch them. I'm just looking for a more automated method so as to relieve my forgetful brain from having to manually switch power plans. Any ideas? Thx!

  4. #4
    Jazz
    Member #
    62643
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    Are you running Netflix metro or in a desktop browser? My Netflix metro app won't go to sleep when streaming.
    Netflix metro app. I'll try again and report back. Any ideas on other apps like SMPlayer of Media Center Classic. How can I prevent sleep while those programs are running?
    ______________
    Jim

  5. #5
    rscheller
    Guest
    I believe, generally speaking, desktop programs are at the mercy of your desktop display timout settings whereas Metro apps will keep the tablet from sleeping or powering off if the app is actively performing a function such as running a video or playing music, etc..

  6. #6
    Jazz
    Member #
    72567
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    I believe, generally speaking, desktop programs are at the mercy of your desktop display timout settings whereas Metro apps will keep the tablet from sleeping or powering off if the app is actively performing a function such as running a video or playing music, etc..
    Any mkv video player that is metro app y'all cab recommend then? Currently using media player classic which of course is a desktop version.

    Also, can PlayTo avoid tablet sleep too? Because I notice that PlayTo connection disconnects intermittently when tablet sleeps.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    72337
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    USA
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,816
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    Any mkv video player that is metro app y'all cab recommend then? Currently using media player classic which of course is a desktop version.

    Also, can PlayTo avoid tablet sleep too? Because I notice that PlayTo connection disconnects intermittently when tablet sleeps.
    This is simple. If you get/use a video player "app" from the Windows Store, it won't sleep. Any video "program" that runs in the desktop will not keep the tablet/screen awake.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

  8. #8
    Jazz
    Member #
    72567
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    This is simple. If you get/use a video player "app" from the Windows Store, it won't sleep. Any video "program" that runs in the desktop will not keep the tablet/screen awake.
    This does not answer my question. I know that fact. I'm asking for an application recommendation.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to prevent apps to use internet
    By Heikki in forum Jelly Bean
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 06:45 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. How do I prevent a FW update?
    By jecan in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
  4. Prevent auto-download
    By fred2028 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 06:03 PM
  5. Do system sleep disabling apps prevent random reboots?
    By loganss in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:50 AM

Search tags for this page

apps that keep my tablet from going to sleep
,
asus tablet how to prevent from sleeping during playback
,

asus transformer how to keep the laptopp from sleepimg

,
how to get netflix to keep playing while sleeping
,
how to keep computer from sleeping when watching netflix
,

how to porevent sleep while netflix

,

how to stop windows 8 tablet going to sleep when watching video

,
keep windows from sleeping when watching netfli9x
,
netflix prevent sleep windows 7
,
prevent netflix monitor sleep automatic
,
prevent windows going to sleep while streaming
,
windows 8 goes to sleep netflix
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 AM.