Like Tree4Likes

Thread: T100 BIOS rollback!!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    You can downgrade the bios using a special command during startup of WinFlash as I did this going from 223 back to 216 trying to troubleshoot sleep (connected standby) issues but this didn't make any difference to my issues but a full factory rest did. I would try this or the less destructive refresh first before messing with the bios downgrades though as the risk is a lot greater!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    pls tell me how i could do a full reset or a refresh. I tried pressing f9 at startup to get into the menu to perform a reset but it will not enter into that menu... it just starts up windows normally.

Thanks again guys for the advice

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    You have to start hitting it the moment the webcam light comes on when booting. If you wait to see the Asus booting screen, its too late.

Alternately Go to settings on the charms bar, select Change PC settings, choose update and recovery, then recovery and do Advanced Startup, or you can just fo straight to Remove every and reinstall windows.

rscheller
    Dang it... I hate to be a poster with a problem in this thread but...

Up until the release of BIOS 223, I was always an instant adopter of all updates and when BIOS 223 became available I ignored the urge to update because my T100 was rock solid* with BIOS 220 and I decided to wait a few weeks to make sure that 223 was stable per the user community here.
    *except for bluetooth disconnecting after about 10secs, and it's not really a big issue for me currently but I really do want it to work in case I need it one day.

Yesterday evening, I took the plunge and updated without incident from 220 to 223. Sadly it didn't fix my bluetooth issue (driver .167) but perhaps worse, it created a possible instability in my T100?

I haven't used my T100 a lot after updating to BIOS 223 and yesterday evening I used it for a couple hours with no issues. This morning before I came to work, I used it for mail and facebook and everything was good.

When I went to do a charms>settings>search>"BIOS" to help a user here determine their BIOS version. All worked OK except nothing showed up in the topics listing? Then I realized I misspelled BIOS in the search window and when I tapped back into the search window to correct my spelling, my tablet seemed to lock up with the cursor blinking in the search box. Weird huh? I did a force power off and then turned the T100 back on and everything seemed normal. I see more this evening when I get home.

I hope that was just a weird fluke and not an indicator that I made a rock solid T100 intermittent with a BIOS update that I really didn't need to do since it didn't help at all with my bluetooth issue.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    So your T100 froze 1 time?
    In the 2 months I've had mine, it froze at least 1 time as well,
    and i'm still on Bios 220. (Following the dont fix it if it aint broken philosophy)

So there's no reason to panic just yet. On bios 2.20 i have about 1% battery drain per hour in standby (airplane mode),
    but i don't even use standby so i don't care.

Does bios 2.23 fix the T100 homebutton BSOD?
    Last edited by beginning; 02-11-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    rscheller likes this.

rscheller
    So your T100 froze 1 time?
    Yea I know... seems like such a minor issue compared to other folks here.
    (Following the dont fix it if it aint broken philosophy)
    ... my bluetooth IS broke.
    Does bios 2.23 fix the T100 homebutton BSOD?
    I've never seen a BSOD since I left BIOS 214.
    So there's no reason to panic just yet.
    I'm not panicking yet I'm just "Not quite" loving my T100 as much today.
    Only more time will tell.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Yea I know... seems like such a minor issue compared to other folks here.
    ... my bluetooth IS broke.
    I've never seen a BSOD since I left BIOS 214.
    Yeah, I'd just try to relax a little. Mine doesn't lock up often, but I'd say its a near weekly affair. Consider that it spends pretty much 168 out of 168hrs per week on (even if most of it is in connected standby), and I probably average at least 3hrs per day of use on it, it gets used more than any other Windows system I've ever had, other than maybe my work computer (which is enterprise and has its own set of things going on).

Okay, admitedly my server is on 19/7 and in S3 5/7, but I do have a scheduled reboot every Monday morning upon resuming from S3, just to "clear the decks". I can't say I've ever had my server BSoD, but I have had a few issues where I've had to reboot it, though rare.

My T100 gets a lot more real use messing around with and doing stuff than any other machine I have does, plus the constant on time, with rare reboots (unless it starts acting up). I'll say, hardware wise, it does seem to have more issues than any other machine I have, but I wouldn't say that any are particularly critical. I also feel like a lot of them seem to be teething issues of Windows 8.1 + very new hardware that is a bit out of the standard comfort zone of things that Intel and other vendors are doing.

I expect, and would be very dissapointed, if Airmont/Cherry Trail based tablets aren't a bit more stable when they come out. As near as I can tell, without actually knowing, things like the XHCI bus (USB3) is a new implementation in Silvermont/Cherry Trail, not something they just yanked transistor for transistor out of their Core processor line and slapped it in to the Silvermont layout same with a lot of the other parts of Silvermont/Cherry Trail. Some of it is deffinitely iterating from Cedar Trail, but so much of it is brand new, I am not suprised by the teething issues.

Airmont is likely to fix a lot of this, as are further patches of Windows 8.1. I mean, heck, look at the VAST number of problems that Surface Pro 1/2 has been having on Windows 8.1.

A lockup or BSoD, say, weekly isn't that big a deal. Now, its a annoying. ANY BSoD or lockup or requiring a reboot to get something working is annoying and it should be, but I wouldn't consider that tragic. I mean, hell, my darned iPhone 5 every once in awhile needs a reboot because something isn't working right (very rare, but I'd say at least every couple of months I have to. My wifes iPhone 4s is less stable, that is maybe every couple of weeks).
    rscheller likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I will say, I kind of understand your paranoia though. Especially on my T100, but in general with my mobile devices, after any kind of updates I am always paranoid for a couple of weeks that the update will have messed something up, like maybe the battery life was killed in the update, or that connected standby is maybe going to stop working correctly and I'll have bad battery drain, or my wifi speeds will have been messed up or something.

I did it with my iPad 2, I do it with my phone and I do it with my T100.

Wierdly, I don't really worry about that at all about my desktop/server/laptop.
    rscheller likes this.

rscheller
    Thanks beginning and azazel1024 for your comments. Yea, I know I'm being paranoid. I've never had a PC, Apple whatever, Android whatever that didn't have the occasional glitch but I'm feeling a bit like both these smilies today

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    the T100 isn't perfect, but i don't see a better alternative for it;
    so i like it a lot.

your t100 needs your love bro don't give up on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links