Like Tree12Likes

Thread: T100 useful tips and tricks discussion

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a quite important tweak to point out would be, viper4windows. If any of you have experienced what viper4android can do for the built in speaker of your device this functionality has been ported to windows 8, and our sound card is supported.

If you haven't used it, viper4windows applies post audio tweaks, this can increase volume considerably also other tweaks like bass and clarity improvements, even virtual surround sound (needs headphones im guessing). I was pretty disappointed with the sound volume/ clarity of the t100 (ive own 3 other Asus transformers and this was the weakest) but its actually very good with viper4windows.

Heres the link: ViPER4Windows | ViPER's Audio

EDIT: Dont think i put enough emphasis on that it makes a night and day difference to sound, the speakers are actually great, maybe MS/ Asus done something wrong with the sound driver.
    Last edited by JoinTheRealms; 03-03-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoinTheRealms View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a quite important tweak to point out would be, viper4windows. If any of you have experienced what viper4android can do for the built in speaker of your device this functionality has been ported to windows 8, and our sound card is supported.

If you haven't used it, viper4windows applies post audio tweaks, this can increase volume considerably also other tweaks like bass and clarity improvements, even virtual surround sound (needs headphones im guessing). I was pretty disappointed with the sound volume/ clarity of the t100 (ive own 3 other Asus transformers and this was the weakest) but its actually very good with viper4windows.

Heres the link: ViPER4Windows | ViPER's Audio

EDIT: Dont think i put enough emphasis on that it makes a night and day difference to sound, the speakers are actually great, maybe MS/ Asus done something wrong with the sound driver.
    What settings do you recommend changing?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    TIP: Make the on-screen keyboard transparent!

Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    TouchMousePointer, can be useful if you need to use the desktop while using the T100 as a tablet... App generates a virtual touch pad on the screen. So, like the virtual on screen keyboard, it'll let you have more control by using part of the touch screen as a touch pad... full screen being an option as well...
    This app is great. They also have a new beta version that adds a really nice feature. It let's you make the Windows on-screen keyboard transparent. This feature makes the keyboard so much friendlier. I am typing this while looking "through" the keyboard right now. It even lets you set the opacity. I like it so much, I felt I needed to post on this thread. It makes a the Windows touch experience so much better.

Even though it's a beta version, it seems less buggy than the "stable" version. The more I use this app, the more I think it's something that should be included in windows.
    Last edited by CojonesDeToro; 03-03-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFritz View Post
    What settings do you recommend changing?
    Just small tweaks, here are my settings for example

Movie: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iib30gux48...20settings.png
    Music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4q4cugym8...20settings.png
    Last edited by JoinTheRealms; 03-03-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    10 times
    Hi.

I have a few questions about the battery.

As I've read in tips and tricks, discharging my battery partially and then charging it is better than full discharge and full charge. Ok, I got that. I'm usually charging it to 80% and then I'm unplugging the charger. But can I (or should I) use the device while it's charging and the battery is 100% full? Also, should I turn off my T100 during nights or it doesn't matter to the battery?

Ps. Sorry for my English.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Doesn't really matter all that much for either of those.

As for overnight, it matters to the extend that it'll discharge 2-3% overnight most likely, but that is it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ihartley View Post
    2. Firefox. Easily allows to change between "touch" (keyboard pops up in the right places, etc) and desktop
    What version of Firefox? I'm using the latest version and I don't notice this at all.

rscheller
    Just to add some mystery azazel1024's statement regarding IE11 page back and reload settings options... Microsoft says,

By default, pages are unloaded from memory when you navigate away from them. Beginning with IE11, webpages that meet specific conditions are cached when the user navigates away. If the user later returns to the page, it's restored from memory, rather than reloaded or reconstructed.

In order to be cached, webpages must meet these conditions:

Served using the HTTP: protocol (HTTPS pages are not cached for security reasons)
    Page has no beforeunload event handlers defined
    All load and pageshow events have completed
    The page doesn't contain any of the following:
    Pending indexedDB transactions
    Open or active web socket connections
    Running web workers
    Microsoft ActiveX controls.

I don't have a clue how many web pages meet the criteria shown to cause them to load from local cache vs fully reload but it seems that local control of how/when a page reloads is not necessarily subject to your IE browser settings?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    THIS IS NOT SO MUCH A TIP OR TRICK BUT THE BEST WAY TO ADD EXTREME AMOUNTS OF STORAGE TO YOUR T100 IF YOU HAVE EITHER ANOTHER COMPUTER WITH HARD DRIVES OR THAT THE T100 IS YOUR SECONDARY DEVICE AND YOU HAVE ANOTHER DEVICE AS YOUR PRIMARY WITH OTHER STORAGE IN WHICH YOU WANT TO ACCESS ON YOUR T100.

1. There are one of two things you can do, lets say you have a desktop with one, two, or 20TB of storage it doesn't matter, there is a program called POGOPLUGPC, in which I will provide the link below. What this allows you to do is access that storage on your desktop to multiple devices, including android and ios. What I realized is that this software doesn't come with a windows 8 application.. BUT there is another software which is free on the website called POGOPLUG BACKUP. What that allows you to do, is download the pogoplug backup to your t100 then in the preference/settings you can create a mountable drive on your t100 as if it were an external hard drive that connects to your pogo plug account which is accessed on your desktop or laptop. So as long as that desktop is on you can access those files whether it be video, audio, documents etc on your t100. Ive tested this out at home and its amazing its not as if im streaming it through my network it feels like the hard drive is literally attached to my t100.

2. This is what I did, since the application is 29.99$ for separate license, I found a great deal on a 2TB Toshiba connect hard drive that came with this software for free, I connected it to my desktop, put which folders I wanted accessed to my other devices then downloaded the pogoplug backup to t100 and did what I said above. I will post the link to the website below of the softwares, and the site to the hard drive I bought for your own research. But if you feel limited with the 32/64gb storage +sd storage this is a lot easier and more convenient then a NAS server. Hope it helps.

https://pogoplug.com/

(youtube video is a great review of what the Toshiba connect can do)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links