Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    I really have no clue why it doesn't work or is deliberately disabled by windows, but it is what it is.
    For connected standby to really work it can't let legacy software prevent it from properly entering the CS state... Thus the desktop is always suspended when entering that state and that means anything that only works with the traditional desktop and not with Connected Standby won't work!

Keep in mind legacy desktop was never optimized for power efficiency that mobile devices must have!

But, a work around will likely eventually come out as all they need to do is provide a ModernUI app that can provide that function...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zox View Post
    As a matter of fact, you should pull out the two silver prongs and golden-plated pins as well. I had a problem with battery drain while the computer was plugged in. Charging rate was only 2W, so the battery was slowly discharging. After I fixed the prongs and pins the charging rate increased to 4.5-5W, and the battery started to charge normally.
    How can you find your charging speed?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kazio78 View Post
    How to enable hibernation:

source: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...y/td-p/1054611

Next we can simply turn "Hibernation checkbox" on (in power settings) and set Hibernation on the lists above this checkbox.

The drawback is that we don't have ability to sleep the device in any way.
    But I think that it should be possible to somehow turn on normal sleep (need research).
    yup... but if what i need is the tablet running without the display turning on this is it...

i'll give it a try for a dew days n see how... hibernate in our tablet needs a lil time... where it will store the stuff before completely down... that will takes about 2 mins... after that only u wan switch it on again... sigh...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zox View Post

As a matter of fact, you should pull out the two silver prongs and golden-plated pins as well. I had a problem with battery drain while the computer was plugged in. Charging rate was only 2W, so the battery was slowly discharging. After I fixed the prongs and pins the charging rate increased to 4.5-5W, and the battery started to charge normally.
    is that with tablet being in use? I cant get more than 3.x when in use and charging, but in standby it can go up to 6.x

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times

T100 useful tips and tricks discussion

This thread is intended for discussion on various topics provided within the main TIPS and TRICKS thread.

Per the original instructions, discussions are not intended in the main thread, rather, just information.

Feel free to continue your discussions here.

Thank you.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    "Excellent display settings from kerkesmith:

Display Settings: Stock
    Color > Basic:
    Brightness: 15
    Contrast: 48
    Gamma: 0.7

Color > Advanced:
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 52

Thanks kerkesmith!"

hi, newbie here. i have a question about this setting. It seems that everytime i restart the tablet, the advanced setting for saturation would reset back to zero. i have even saved a profile for it but still shows up zero once i start it up again. other settings remain as what i have set. did i miss anyting? thank you

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Was thr same for me so I gave up and installed those monitor calibration files that are posted a bit lower in the same thread.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    For connected standby to really work it can't let legacy software prevent it from properly entering the CS state... Thus the desktop is always suspended when entering that state and that means anything that only works with the traditional desktop and not with Connected Standby won't work!

Keep in mind legacy desktop was never optimized for power efficiency that mobile devices must have!

But, a work around will likely eventually come out as all they need to do is provide a ModernUI app that can provide that function...
    Not CS, fast start-up. There should be no reason fast start-up with the hybrid suspend should prevent WOL from S5 from working.

I can understand WOL not working from CS, but I don't believe that to actually be the case, its fast start-up causing the problem. Its repeatable and several have mentioned it online that fast start-up disables WOL from S5, for apparently any NIC that supports the functionality.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    new to this group just picked up a t100 to replace my 10 year old desktop that locked up and hp laptop that is basically no good. love this hybrid tablet computer, everything i wanted and more...very impressed. not big into updating my technology and gadgets yearly like society seems to tell us to but committed with this t100 and have to say there is some very useful information on this site hence why i joined. ive now updated to the 2.23 bios and have done thing like the wifi trick and simple clean up tricks to help make things run smoother. have a few questions though still..

1. ive done the wifi trick and updated the bandwith capabilities but have only notices my speed at a constant 65.0 mbps. am i doing something else wrong or am i limited with my internet provider (verizon)?

2. ive been trying to free as much space on the t100 as possible and get it to run as smooth as it can. finally got a 32gb microsd in now and have transferred most of my stuff onto that but have been noticing the t100 constantly go from say 11.5 gb of free memory to less the next day. just last night ive noticed it drop to from 11.5gb to 10.9gb and havent downloaded anything? ive been reading people saying its the t100 virtual memory taking up this space? this is normal, but why? why does it do this? and does the memory come back? ive noticed if i restart the system the memory is back up where it should be as if it "cleared itself' still not sure how this works as long as it doesnt just keep eating the memory up im obviously ok with that i just want to understand this better and maybe increase or decrease the virtual memory if there is any benefit to doing so..im not much of a computer guy i deal with cars more than pcs and programming, lol.

3. my t100 came with about 15 gb of free space...so half full of advertised 32gb full i assume with all the windows and apps that came with it. my question is which apps/programs have you guys found to be not worth keeping on the t100 that i could delete? which ones take up the most space and are just "extras" that i wont really end up using?

so far ive picked up a screen protector it was the supershieldz 3pk off amazon made for the t100 and an ivso slim case for it and so far for under $20 i cant complain. love both of them, and definitely want to take care of this little guy because i just love what the t100 does and is perfect for me. along with the 32gb microsd i picked up, my next add on will be an aerb wireless speaker bluetooth mouse and acase ezswipe stylus. already ordered those as well.
    Last edited by eurokid; 01-27-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by schok View Post
    "Excellent display settings from kerkesmith:

Display Settings: Stock
    Color > Basic:
    Brightness: 15
    Contrast: 48
    Gamma: 0.7

Color > Advanced:
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 52

Thanks kerkesmith!"

hi, newbie here. i have a question about this setting. It seems that everytime i restart the tablet, the advanced setting for saturation would reset back to zero. i have even saved a profile for it but still shows up zero once i start it up again. other settings remain as what i have set. did i miss anyting? thank you

Hi Shock, I have the same issue with my T100. I performed a factory settings reset but the issue still exists.

Anyone to help us? Thank you

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links