Thread: New Owner of T100 !!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

New Owner of T100 !!!!

Great to join the owners club of the T100. So I read though all the posts/comments and have done the following.

1. Checked all the buttons/keyboard for any defects/malfunctions - GOOD TO GO
    2. Checked the BIOS and it was 214 - NOT GOOD TO GO
    3. Updated the BIOS to 220 - GTG
    4. Didn't like the yellow tint when reading and changed the settings - GTG
    5. Didn't have any problems with WiFi connection but still changed the settings - GTG
    6. Inserted my 64gb memory card and the T100 reads it find - GTG
    7. Memory card sticks out just a little bit - NGTG
    8. Sanded the card down just a little bit and it is flush with the T100 now - GTG
    9. I have the VSTN Asus Transformer Book T100 ultra-thin Smart Cover Case on order - GTG
    10. The VSTN Asus Transformer Book T100 ultra-thin Smart Cover Case is coming from oversees 2-3 weeks delivery - NGTG
    11. I also bought the following - Car/home charger, USB hub, Mini USB to USB adapter, HDMI cable, Portable 100GB Hard drive, Neoprene case when I
    bring the keyboard and a Powerbag Messenger Bag for on the go charging. - GTG
    12. The brightness of the T100 is low, even at it's highest setting at night I still wanted it brighter. - NGTG

GAMING QUESTIONS:
    I plan on installing some games/movies on this so when I travel I will have something to keep me entertained.
    I am a XBOX 360 gamer so I will be using the XBOX controller, do I just plug it in and that is it?
    How do I get games like Halo, Call of Duty, Fallout:New Vegas to play on the T100 and what settings do they have to be in order to be played? I don't do much Computer gaming so not to familiar in how to load the games or how to change the settings.
    I am also planning on picking up some Astro A38 Bluetooth Headsets to pair nicely with this.

Anything else I need to do to get the most out of this incredible little machine? Thanks in advance!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Woohoo enjoy this awesome device.

For games, I have Steam installed on the C: drive but when I install games, I use external hard drive. You configure Steam to install games on the external hard drive instead of C: to save space. Load times may be a bit longer, but its not that bad. I can't comment on the controller or the games you listed since I don't play them. There is a gaming thread where those games may have been mentioned. The thread is pretty long now so you may want to do a search.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm also looking for tips on the xbox controller as my son gave me his old wireless xbox controller and a new wireless adapter. haven't had time to play with it.

I do have book marked a Microsoft site that explains how to setup for Windows 8.1 somewhere, seems easy.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    You got your T100 same day as me!

One question: How do you actually check the BIOS version?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ReekyMarko View Post
    You got your T100 same day as me!

One question: How do you actually check the BIOS version?
    hold F2 button during boot.

To the OP:
    Some games run in high settings, other games u need to turn down the resolution & graphics.
    Remember this is not a gaming machine by default. Many games will not run at all, like Far Cry3 for example. (best game ever)

I would expect the first COD games to run on high details, as well as the first unreal tournament.
    The more recent the games are, the worse they're going to run. Unless they're not intensive on the GPU.

Does the Xbox controller need an external adapter, or does it work on the Internal Bluetooth by T100 ?
    Last edited by beginning; 01-09-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 2 days left on the return policy from the store where I bought my T100. Today the tablet froze (would not power on) for the 3rd or 4th time and this time would not respond to anything I tried. Participated in LiveChat from Asus rep on website. He was friendly and all, but was absolutely no help because I am not able to extract the file for the BIOS update to v. 223 (it is currently v. 220). I am competent on computers but NOT techie at all. Can anyone help me with HOW to update the BIOS? -- when I get to the Global link for v. 223 on the Asus download site, my tablet wants me to install an app to unzip it - I tried one called MetroZip but no go. The LiveChat rep suggested one called Winrar but it wanted a credit card and I am unwilling to do that. I would really like to keep the machine, but all of these posts about bugs unless you keep the BIOS updated have me apprehensive. I will return it tomorrow, I guess, unless I can get it updated.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    i wouldnt even try to update it. bios 220 is supposed to be stable.
    if your T100 is still acting weird like yours, there's probably something wrong with it.

correct me if i'm wrong anyone

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies. Was comparing the screen to my wife's ipad 2 and the ipad 2 is very clear and bright. Still getting use to typing, and all the possibilities the T100 can do. Uf the resolution was higher and brighter this would be perfect fir me.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    New set and the bios is 2.14?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTechie View Post
    I have 2 days left on the return policy from the store where I bought my T100. Today the tablet froze (would not power on) for the 3rd or 4th time and this time would not respond to anything I tried. Participated in LiveChat from Asus rep on website. He was friendly and all, but was absolutely no help because I am not able to extract the file for the BIOS update to v. 223 (it is currently v. 220). I am competent on computers but NOT techie at all. Can anyone help me with HOW to update the BIOS? -- when I get to the Global link for v. 223 on the Asus download site, my tablet wants me to install an app to unzip it - I tried one called MetroZip but no go. The LiveChat rep suggested one called Winrar but it wanted a credit card and I am unwilling to do that. I would really like to keep the machine, but all of these posts about bugs unless you keep the BIOS updated have me apprehensive. I will return it tomorrow, I guess, unless I can get it updated.
    WinRAR should never ask you for your credit card. This is the right link:

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar501.exe

People have used WinRAR for years on an endless trial.

As for whether updating your BIOS will actually help, I have my doubts about that. Like beginning said, 220 should be stable. The issue might be something else but at this point, I would just return it to the store.
    rscheller likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links