Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is it possible to save data from a PC to a T100 via USB cable? Ethernet cable?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    I'm gonna chime in with my $.02 worth.

Given the several issues discussed in these forums with the 500GB HDD, 1)battery drain, 2)ejecting 500GB drive before undocking, 3)leaving the keyboard HDD at home... I think it may not be wise to dump 500GB of data onto that drive.
    Rednroll likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post

Given the several issues discussed in these forums with the 500GB HDD, 1)battery drain, 2)ejecting 500GB drive before undocking, 3)leaving the keyboard HDD at home... I think it may not be wise to dump 500GB of data onto that drive.
    Such a vast amount would suggest a media library so I'd opt for a portable harddrive over the inbuilt one in the dock anyway so you can just take the tablet part.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gstock View Post
    Why is it not possible to switch the usb-mode in windows, although it works on Android? (just as a general question)
    Probably because Windows has 100 other networking and file sharing options to be able to do this same task that Android doesn't, where you don't need to go through the troubles of having to switch your Windows PC into client mode compared to this one feature that Android has and Windows doesn't.

If you don't want to go through a router which could also be a wired connection using ethernet cables connecting both PCs to the router, then you can also follow a guide like this and do a wired connection between the 2 PCs using an ethernet cross-over cable.
    http://www.makeitsimple.com/modules....e&pid=7&page=1

As well, there's the special USB to USB adapter cables out there.

Pick one and go with it. I transferred well over 500 Gig's of data over my network with no problems....you don't need an internet connection to do it, so your internet speed is irrelevant. Run the task over the night while you're sleeping and it will be completed when you wake up.

If you're really technically challenged with the networking options, then plug in an external USB HDD and copy the files to the HDD, unplug, then plug into the T100 and copy the file on the USB HDD to the T100 HDD. This entire process could be done faster than using the Android method, since most android devices don't come with USB 3.0 ports on them.

I think the bigger question would be, what Android tablet do you know of which has 500GB of built in storage?
    Last edited by Rednroll; 09-17-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post

I've not had these problems. The drive uses more battery, but the T100's battery life is still excellent, and other options to store the 500GB (external drive) would also use more battery. I'd be far more likely to leave an external drive (either unintentional, or because I'm limited on space) than the keyboard dock.
    rickscheller likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links