Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

Are you happy with your 32gb? Wish you had bought the 64gb?

hello guys, I'm new to the forum and to tablets, convertibles/hybrids and such. I'm glad to have found a valuable resource like this forum. Looks great!

My questions is concerning 32gb transformer books. Are you happy with the 32gb or do you now regret not getting the 64gb?
    Is it true that windows updates alone will probably fill the free space within a year?
    Most of the competition seem to be 32gb as well, what are the concerns and shortcomings of this limitation?
    -Does adding a sd card help? Will it be comparable to a 64gb t100?
    -Can programs run from the sd?
    -What extent of use can I expect from this? Will I constantly be deleting content/programs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking to purchase one soon. I'm looking to purchase from best buy (Canada) and they only have the 32gb available. No sign of the 64gbs coming in either.

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I m happy with my t100 (32gb+500gb)
    Bought a samsung sdxc pro CL10 64gb and installed a few programs on it.
    Still have around 13gb+ on C.

Bought this t100 to be used as a "portable" - to be left inside my car most of the time but still I felt the 32gb version is more than sufficient for every day needs like internet browsing and some presentations.

lastly my 500gb HDD on the keyboard is still very empty.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    I love mine. I tinkered with the programs a little bit and uninstalled the junk, also tweaked the paging file size so I saved a ton of space. So far, in three months, Windows updates haven't taken up that much space.
    Asus T100TA 32GB

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    With periodic maintenance, I don't see how Windows update will fill up the drive. I installed a few large games (>1GB each) on my 32GB T100 and still have 5GB free. Haven't even bothered to remove unwanted apps or programs yet.

Install x86 programs to the uSD or a USB drive and you should be fine.

I have a 64GB uSD, 128GB USB 3 key, and 2TB USB 3 HD with my T100 pack. I think I'm covered.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Also have the 32 GB version, and am happy with it.

After installing all my PHP dev tools (the reason why I got this is for my hobby programming projects) and a bunch of windows touch apps (which get installed on the C: drive) I have around 10 GB of free space on C:\. That's without uninstalling any of the included software (didn't even uninstall office). It's nice that the 8 GB restore partition is on a separate read-only memory. If they hadn't done that it would be too cramped, but because they did that I feel that 32 GB is sufficient.

I added a 32 GB micro sd card to install a bunch of windows games so they don't take up space on C:\ (configured steam to install to D:\). As long as whatever software or media content you want to take along can go onto d:\ then the micro sd card solution is fine. I was concerned about the card sticking out, but it is quite flush with the edge and I don't think it's easy to accidentally knock the sd card out. (Pay attention to the speed class though. I got burned when I accidentally bought a class 4 sd card.)

To be fair however, I would have sprung for the 64 GB version just for the convenience of having the extra storage on the C:\ drive without having to jump through hoops, but they didn't sell it in my country yet when I looked around for it so I had to get the 32 GB.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    1 times
    32GB is good for me.I think you should happily accept the storage.because its enough storage for a transformer book.Whenever device can be slow for bearing huge storage like 64GB or more.On the other hand if want to install more apps then you have to keep more storage.
    But its(32GB) okay.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times
    I would have preferred the 64gb model, but it's not for sale in the UK currently, so 32gb was my only option.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I was torn between this and the surface pro 2 128gb. The only thing that really stopped me getting the surface was the fact the 128gb was 719 a week earlier as PC World/currys did a cock up on their vouchers, and by the time I decided I wanted it it was back to 799. The t100 does 90% of the stuff the surface can, and to be honest I'm glad I didn't get the surface as yesterday they've upgraded the CPU to a 4300u which is better featured as well as quicker than the 4200u, which has been buggy.

Will keep this till the surface pro 3 appears next year.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Buy32gb only if they dont sell 64gb version. clean c:\ often and install everything on microsd

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    208 times
    You can also remove installed windows updates. I don't mean uninstall them, I mean you can remove the update backup files that get left on your computer. The downside is if you do that, you will be unable to back-out an update at a later point, but it frees up the space that updates take up. I'd consider that more a move of desperation, but over a year or two it might free up half a gig or a gig of space depending on just how much MS has released.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads