Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Asus t100 Audio Effects (enhancements)

Anyone know if you can add audio enhancements to the audio options for the t100?
    e.g. Equalizer, Virtual Surround, Bass Boost, Loudness equalization.

I've tried updating to the latest realtek driver but it didn't add anything. Is this a software add on or really a limitation of the hardware (onboard sound card)

Thanks for the help!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I would think it's a hardware limitation.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I would think it's a hardware limitation.
    Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply Jeffrey! I was hoping it wasn't I had a similar issue before with an MSI laptop I owned, the realtek drivers didn't support the enhancements, but strangely enough the windows drivers did. Was hoping someone found a work around or something.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davidinblack View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply Jeffrey! I was hoping it wasn't I had a similar issue before with an MSI laptop I owned, the realtek drivers didn't support the enhancements, but strangely enough the windows drivers did. Was hoping someone found a work around or something.
    I would think we can expect audio apps down the road similar to those that are available for Android devices. Just need to wait and see.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    4 times
    https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultra...T100/#overview ?

t100_06.jpgicon_5.jpg Serious sound quality

Developed by the team of experts in the ASUS Golden Ear team, SonicMaster audio technology uses a tailored mix of hardware and software to enhance sound quality to a level far above what you might expect from so small a laptop. Stereo speakers with large resonance chambers give rich, rounded bass and sophisticated audio processing tools boost the frequency range to make music, movies and games sound fantastic

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Anyone know if you can add audio enhancements to the audio options for the t100?

I've tried updating to the latest realtek driver but it didn't add anything. Is this a software add on or really a limitation of the hardware (onboard sound card)

Thanks for the help!
    I was looking for the same thing (a system-wide software equalizer for Windows 8) the other day and was able to find a program called Hear that did the job quite well. It isn't free, but you can try it for 30 days to see if it suits your needs. I don't think there are free alternatives around that works for the T100. I tried the program just to check if the sound coming from the T100's speakers can still be improved, but I ended up uninstalling it when I realized the T100 sounded better without it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times

Solution: Instal Equalizer Here is how I did.

Thanks for the help!

THE PROBLEM : Most people like to be able to improve the sound from all sound sources like youtube and other streamed video channels, audio DVDs, mp3 files, streamed radio etc.

However if you follow the tip installing a mp3 player with built in equalizer you can ONLY improve the sound from the mp3 player.
    All other sources remain un-improved. Bad. Not what people want.

THE SOLUTION : After searching the web I found a solution:

The software "Equalizer APO". Its free and you get it here:

Equalizer APO | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

I installed it in my Asus Transformer 101 running Windows 8.1 and the latest Bios upgrade from ASUS support page.

This software Equalizer works great and has extremely low distortion. . And as I said: It improves ALL SOUNDS the comes out from your loudspeaker/Headphone output. Not only mp3 songs. It can work as a low distortion 20 channel EQ if you want. But It can also be modified and you can add very many channels. It also uses up very little of the processsor power.

The drawback is: Itīs a bit time consuming to adjust it as it is controlled by a text file. You simply write in the text file for example "+12 at 3 khz" and save it. You hear the change in the sound directly. This Equalizer will work on many PCs running windows and not only the transformer book. Just test it like I did!

Important: Copy the example text file and test it. But if you save it in a wordprocessor like word pad and leave the plain text mode the equalizer stops working and you need to copy the example file again and modify it to you liking. So only save your modifications in pure text format.

Example: The text file looks like this:

Preamp 6 dB
    Filter settings file
    Room Eq V5
    Equalizer: Generic
    Filter 1: ON PK Fc 12000,0 Hz Gain 10dB Q 1,00
    Filter 1: ON PK Fc 2000,0 Hz Gain -4dB Q 1,00
    Filter 1: ON PK Fc 150,0 Hz Gain 9dB Q 1,00
    Filter 1: ON PK Fc 45,0 Hz Gain 12dB Q 1,00

Explanations:

You can chose to turn the filter ON or OFF. (They call the equalizer setting a "filter")
    Fc is the frequency you want to increase (+) or decrease (-)
    Gain is how much you want to increase/decrease the specific frequency you have chosen.
    Q is how wide the increase/decrease curve will look and how much frequencys close to the center frequence are affected.

Typical base sound vibrate around 50 Hz. Voices vibrate are around 400 HZ (different from women and men). Increase voice clarity by increasing around 2000 Hz with +7 dB or so. Treble is around 10000 Hz. Play with it. Test with different values, both plus and minus values.
    Try it out!

I listened to the equalized sound in both the loudspeaker and in my headphones. The sound is super clear.

The ASUS TF 101 audio circuit has an automatic volume control that will decrease the volume if you put it up too much. For example by putting the preamp up at 30 db or so. This automatic volume control will prevent the loudspeaker from being overloaded. As long as you donīt put the preamp up too much so you overload it, the sound is exellent. Especially the sound in my headphones (please keep the preamp setting at +1 to + 6 or so as the total output effect increases when you adjust the different frequences to higher volymes).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    My advice....install a little software called,'Dfx audio enhancer '. It has boosted the audio on my T100 10xtimes! More power, more bass mp3,movies, YouTube. Try it, you will be happy you did: )
    Last edited by PopGlobb; 03-12-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    DFX Audio Enhancer works great however it stops working in Connected Standby or when the display is shut off. The Audio will just stop playing

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times
    Hmm dfx. I was looking for an audio enhancer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links