Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by revolution View Post
    Hello

can I install windows 7 on T100?
    Yeah, I would also want that.

The tablet is great - also the hw is ok for replacing my laptop running XP -as my mobile office computer, connected to external display, keyboard and mouse, I mostly run Office in the office but also I want the machine to be secure.

So I would like to boot the machine into Win 7, and on top run win 8.1 in a box. So my setup would be twofold:

When having the T100 connected at the office: A win 7 computer for Office Work
    When having the T100 as tablet: A win 8.1 tablet

This could give the effect that when connected to the office hardware: A win 7 computer on the external display and a win 8,1 tablet beside, running simultaneously on the same CPU - this would be cool!

I want to boot into the win 7 (have it as the base OS) - so that the win 8.1 could easily be reset to "factory settings" like now.

U all think this can be done? I need to buy new hw (USB DVD) to try this...

What imaging tool do you recommend for moving the partitions around an possibly also move them into a box . and what bos is recommended?

Another possible solution would be to use a mem card and when inserted it is my office comp otherwise the tablet, but I don't think this is as cool.

br, /K

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Perhaps a better solution would be to purchase an inexpensive computer or laptop with Windows XP or Windows 7 or whatever older version of Windows you need and keep your Asus T100 as pristine as possible. Use your USB drive or SD card to transfer files back and forth if necessary. You can find just about any computer and Windows version you would need on Ebay. I just sold 4 Dell Inspiron 700m's running Windows XP on Ebay. They were great little computers.
    rscheller likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I am just going to go ahead and close this one.

Windows 7 cannot be done on the T100. The UEFI is 32-bit and only Windows 7 64-bit supports UEFI and requires a 64-bit UEFI to work.

So unless or until Asus ships the T100 with a 64-bit UEFI, which probably won't happen, it is impossible.

Beyond that, most of the drivers that the T100 uses, such as the SoC driver package are for Windows 8.1 only and even with hacking the driver signitures it is unlikely you could get it to run under Windows 7.

So, for now, this one is being closed.

If you are going to buy the machine, live with the fact that is 8.1 only and realize that is not a bad thing for 99.99% of the people and only bad for the .01% who MUST have Windows 7 for compatibility with an application they MUST run, that will not run under 8.1. Windows 8.1 is highly customizable with the right programs to make it nearly indistinguishable from Windows 7. Just do a little research.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I am just going to go ahead and close this one.

Windows 7 cannot be done on the T100. The UEFI is 32-bit and only Windows 7 64-bit supports UEFI and requires a 64-bit UEFI to work.

So unless or until Asus ships the T100 with a 64-bit UEFI, which probably won't happen, it is impossible.

Beyond that, most of the drivers that the T100 uses, such as the SoC driver package are for Windows 8.1 only and even with hacking the driver signitures it is unlikely you could get it to run under Windows 7.

So, for now, this one is being closed.

If you are going to buy the machine, live with the fact that is 8.1 only and realize that is not a bad thing for 99.99% of the people and only bad for the .01% who MUST have Windows 7 for compatibility with an application they MUST run, that will not run under 8.1. Windows 8.1 is highly customizable with the right programs to make it nearly indistinguishable from Windows 7. Just do a little research.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links