Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Traveling with my T100: Confessions of a True Road Warrior

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    22 times
    I haven't used that type of BT mouse, so I couldn't give any specific advice on it. Glad you're getting it sorted, though.

Bluetooth can be a problem, even when you think it should 'just work'. My BT audio receiver works fine with my T100 and my Nexus 7 but, for some unknown reason, just won't pair with my Galaxy S2 phone. OK, so the phone is old, but recent BT devices should be backward-compatible or they shouldn't get approval.
    Garry Knight
    Asus Transformer Book T100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, funny story with the BT Canon mouse. Took the batteries out a couple days ago and thru it in the trash can. Was working on one of my Windows 7 labtops to sell today and thought maybe I should try it out with this computer. Dug the BT Canon out of the trash can, slapped in the batteries, went to pair it with the PC and no problem, it worked. So I thought, wow, it doesn't work with the Asus T100/Windows 8.1. Went over to the Asus and boom it paired. I don't get it. Didn't do anything different. The only thing I can think is that by pulling the batteries for an extended time on the BT mouse it reset itself?
    It works, the BT Canon mouse.

Elvis

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    7 times
    Removing the batteris as a solution is not as a silly thing as it may seem. It has been known as the remedy for many malfunctionning devices and many techs have made lots of money on house calls in performing just this little thing. I have a BT mouse for my Dell latitude that stop working once in a while. After having tried EVERYTHING (turning BT off and on, updating driver, uninstalling it, removing any trace on registry, then installing latest version, swearing at it, etc.) nothing did it. Then I discovered that disconnecting the laptop and removing the batteries on both laptop and mouse and letting it sit like this for few minutes was the only way to make it work again.
    rscheller likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    I have a Blackberry phone, which I use for testing bluetooth connectivity. Often with that phone, the bluetooth will stop working where I have found pulling out the battery fixes the problem. So it's a pretty common solution for bluetooth related problems.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    18 times
    I've used BT for quite a few years now, and it just seems to be one of those pieces of "Tech" that will work perfectly until it suddenly develops a squirrel mentality. I've never noticed this syndrome with Wi-Fi devices, or USB for that matter. Strangely enough while typing this post I hit the "period" on the first sentence then spaced and began typing the second sentence and the cursor just sat there on the screen blinking at me...no input from my BT keyboard. Nothing changed other than the BT suddenly took a squirrel run across the road and got run over by a passing vehicle. I turned the BT keyboard off and back on, then it started up as though nothing untoward had occurred. What can you say? BT...squirrel in a bottle.
    rscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm yet to encounter a modem/router that hasn't needed to be unplugged let sit for 10-30secs and plug it back in done issues fixed

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I ordered this BT mouse, took weeks to get here but works great with my Ausus T100.

Mini Slim Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Optical Mouse - US$7.79
    Last edited by fuzzer34; 07-14-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links