Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    12 times
    ASUSFAN0001 - Good recommendation on the chargers, added to the list
    balama - Great idea on the shock-proof drives, highly rated! added
    zeo - that is great info on the VLC audio configurable to 200%, I thought I was stuck at 125%. That will come in handy!
    markymark - this is exactly the sentiment that has been shared with the bluetooth mouse, sometimes it's just not 100% when you need it, whereas the USB wireless is instant and very reliable.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks for the list. I also recommend checking out the following thread for additional recommendations:

Accessories in use on the T100

As for my own input, I like these cheap micro USB cables from monoprice that work great with the factory charger. I especially appreciate the extra length they provide:

6ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) - Monoprice.com
    10ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) - Monoprice.com
    15ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) - Monoprice.com

And I really like this $10 bluetooth mouse that was mentioned in the other thread:

Canon Bluetooth Slim Mouse and Calculator with Numeric Keypad andCarrying Bag ? QVC.com

It works great, even on granite! It does have a sleep timeout feature (after 30 minutes I think), but all it takes is a mouse click to wake it up again. I love that it keeps the USB 3.0 port free for my other accessories. At $10 it can't be beat!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    Nice article! Repped.

You're killing portability though carrying all of that stuff.

I suggest this simple, but effective case since it's got a pouch in the front (flip your screen the other way so that these accessories don't damage the screen in the case):

1- Amazon.com: Case Logic LNEO-10 Ultraportable Neoprene Notebook/iPad Sleeve Fits 9 to 10.2-Inch Tablets (Black): Computers & Accessories

2- ASUS stock charger
    3- http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Travel...+note+ii+cable
    - I get the need for the longer charge cable.

And a 4G/LTE Hotspot:
    4- Amazon.com: Verizon Novatel Jetback 4620L 4G LTE MiFi WiFi Mobile Hotspot Broadband Wireless: Cell Phones & Accessories

5- You need extra power for flight or when you simply can't plug in (e.g. plug this in while in your bag and it charges the T100)
    http://www.amazon.com/XTPower-10000m...000+power+bank

6- Portable hard drive
    - I like the rugged option that you suggested.

If you're worried about playing video while in a hotel room or away from home, instead of all of the HDMI, VGA, DVI, etc. cables, just try bringing the adapters
    7- Amazon.com : Cable Matters Gold Plated Micro HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter : Electronics
    8- Amazon.com: ReTrak ETCABLEHDM Retractable HDMI Cable (A to A, C, D and DVI with adapter tips): Electronics

OR replace 4 & 5 with a Chromecast USB plug
    http://www.amazon.com/Google-Chromec...rds=chromecast

9- I get the need for the car charger. [optional for me]

10- http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Bu...ds=usb+3.0+hub [optional]

Not sure about the Bluetooth mouse, but to each their own.

I wish the T100 was pocketable and I was looking really hard at the Dell Venue Pro 8, but that's not realistic. Ten inches for a notebook is the bare minimum for something useable in many situations in my opinion.

I see some folks stuffing an iPad Mini or the Dell Venue Pro 8 in their coat pocket and like that. I'd love to figure out how to wear the T100 around if possible (besides stuffing it into the small of my back pants like a carry concealed gun).

From there, you're rocking on the road for your T100.

I carry a Samsung Galaxy Note II, so also bring:
    1- http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Pocket-siz...+speaker+phone
    2- http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...ds=lg+tone+730
    3- http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Travel...+note+ii+cable
    4- http://www.amazon.com/54203-Heavy-3-...outlet+adapter

This all fits in the CaseLogic or a Tumi Messenger or Organizer Travel Leather Tote:
    http://www.tumi.com/product/index.js...FindSrc=search
    http://www.tumi.com/product/index.js...FindSrc=search
    Last edited by Funnel; 12-25-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Good writeup! The aviation tips are helpful, and I've had a couple of business trips since getting my T100 and I can confirm all of those. Never been hassled by TSA or flight attendants. It's nice to be able to use my tablet from the second I sit down to the second I'm getting up.

I've already detailed my stuff in this post, but one thing I would recommend is this guy. I don't have anything with USB cables, so it might not be the strongest if something pulls on it, but I like having a cleaner look. Due to the placement of the port, it does angle down when in laptop mode. However, I purchased it for using it in tablet mode (in conjunction with a card reader for quick access to photos/videos from various cameras), which it orientates perfectly with my IVSO case.

A long HDMI cable is key for hotel rooms, and the jury is still out on this charger. Tried it this week, and it doesn't charge the T100 much at all. One night it was about 5%, another was 60%. It's terribly convenient to have to charge all of your devices, but I don't think it's going to work. I'll have to keep playing with it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Great list of accessories, mobile charging is always tricky as most portable battery chargers don't have the amps to charge.

I use a "Texet" Bluetooth mouse with my T100 - its available in the UK extremely cheaply, and although it's full size its super comfortable, and I'm way more productive with it than the touchpad, so its worth carrying around for me.
    peter123 likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Great write up, thanks for sharing. Another T100 road warrior here. I never even considered trying to leave the T100 in my bag going through security.

I've been having troubles finding a HDMI to VGA adapter that will work with my T100 and this has been a major problem for my road warrior use because I need that capability. It's forced me to travel with my laptop along with my T100. I'll give the one you listed a shot.

In general I seem to be having lots of problems with the micro HDMI port on my T100 where I currently feel I just can't trust it. The last meeting I was in on the road, they had a 50" HD TV with HDMI access available, where I plugged in my micro HDMI to HDMI cable and everything fired right up and looked great. Everyone in the room was amazed with the clean/clear video that was coming from a Windows tablet. Comments of "Wow!!! Windows tablet looking great!!" However, 15 minutes into my presentation suddenly HDMI video stopped working and I went from being the envy of the room to embarrassed......comments followed of "well so much for Windows".

I have most of the items you listed, here's a few others I would suggest.

1. Mini Bluetooth rechargeable mouse: It leaves those USB ports open for other uses.

2. - Targus AMP09 presentation remote : I'm kind of surprised of all the other road warriors without a presentation remote. Although, with my micro HDMI issues I've run into, it leaves this device useless until I can work out those kinks.

3. Royal 10K mAH (5V@2.1A output) back up battery: Just in case I haven't had time to recharge before I get on the plane.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    RednRoll, from your post above it sounds like your T100 was going to sleep or shutting down the display to save battery, and not the fault of the Cable. I see this often with laptops and other devices when they are not put in "presentation mode".

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unrly View Post
    A long HDMI cable is key for hotel rooms, and the jury is still out on this charger. Tried it this week, and it doesn't charge the T100 much at all. One night it was about 5%, another was 60%. It's terribly convenient to have to charge all of your devices, but I don't think it's going to work. I'll have to keep playing with it.
    I have been offered a replacement free of charge from Sabrent. I'll see if the new one works, hoping it does because it is excellent to have a long cable without carrying several separate chargers for everything.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unrly View Post
    I have been offered a replacement free of charge from Sabrent. I'll see if the new one works, hoping it does because it is excellent to have a long cable without carrying several separate chargers for everything.
    Agreed, I bought a 6 footer and wish I'd gone at least 10. Good Luck.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkyking View Post
    RednRoll, from your post above it sounds like your T100 was going to sleep or shutting down the display to save battery, and not the fault of the Cable. I see this often with laptops and other devices when they are not put in "presentation mode".
    Thanks, I'll have to look into that "presentation mode". I've been scratching my head recently on the Win8 sleep/hibernate power setting options. Just yesterday, I set all my power options under the Control Panel for battery and plugged in to "Sleep=Never" because I got tired of it going to the locked login screen and yet I still witnessed where my T100 went to the lock/loging screen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links