View Poll Results: How do you use your T100 - as a tablet, as a laptop (with dock) or about 50/50?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mainly as a tablet

10 19.61%
  • Mainly as a laptop (docked)

22 43.14%
  • About 50/50

19 37.25%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: T100 as a Tablet vs Docked

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

T100 as a Tablet vs Docked

I might be in the minority, even though I've had this T100 64 for a few days I find myself using the keyboard dock more then I use the T100 as a tablet.

How do you use your T100??

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdigital12 View Post
    I might be in the minority, even though I've had this T100 64 for a few days I find myself using the keyboard dock more then I use the T100 as a tablet.

I use it as a tablet more, particularly when I am gaming.

However, when I am doing real work (or chatting on steam), I use the keyboard. Needless to say, my keyboard is ALWAYS handy, but I definitely use it more as a tablet. That may change as I start taking classes again next semester.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm using mine in tablet mode more often. I really like browsing blogs and forums in portrait. The dock is also very useful for typing up documents and emails while giving your hands a rest from gripping the tablet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    seem to like using the Dock/Mouse out of convenience, yet i have been forcing myself to use Tablet Mode for the simple fact that i want to learn how to use Windows by Touch.
    Sandi9264 likes this.
    Asus T100 64GB
    Asus MeMO Pad HD7
    Asus Nexus 7 fhd
    Acer A210
    HP-TP 32GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm using it docked most of the time. I use it in tablet mode to read PDFs and magazines mostly.
    Once they release some more useful and reliable Win8 apps, I should be able to use it more in tablet mode.

One thing I did realize about the laptop mode is that it is very difficult to use it as a true laptop when it's on my lap. The screen is just too small for me to be able to see the text and work effectively.
    When it's up on a desk, though, the screen is closer, and working in docked mode is not a problem.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    I rarely use this in tablet mode..... partly because the keyboard sort of acts like a stand already so it's almost always docked. There aren't any good apps/game that would make me prefer to use it in tablet mode over desktop mode. A lot of games I play are usually on my android phone already. I do use netflix and read books/magazines in tablet mode though.

I do a lot of office work so it's part of the reason why if I'm ever using my t100, it has to be docked. Which makes me wonder..... how do you get work done in tablet mode? For example, the 7-8" tablets that don't have a kb dock? Dell Venue for example.
    Last edited by id3alistic; 12-11-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by id3alistic View Post
    I do a lot of office work so it's part of the reason why if I'm ever using my t100, it has to be docked. Which makes me wonder..... how do you get work done in tablet mode? For example, the 7-8" tablets that don't have a kb dock? Dell Venue for example.
    Wireless keyboards mostly, tablet market already has them and many have built in slots to hold the tablet to free your hands for typing and keeping the tablet at a good viewing angle...

While it also depends on what you're doing... some apps can be optimized for touch usage, anything that doesn't actually require you to type could be adapted... improved voice recognition also means an alternative to typing, etc...

They're also pushing wireless technology like Miracast, so even without as many ports you could still do some things, etc...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    I use it with the keyboard attached most often, however seldom use the keyboard. The keyboard acts as a base making it easy to use while kicked back in my easy chair.

rscheller
    I'm about 99% docked. I find having a real keyboard available is more conducive to my way of using my T100.

I have become used to overall navigating with the touchscreen though... so much so that when I use a PC without the touchscreen, I get a bit confused... what's a mouse? LOL

I rarely use the touchpad unless I need better precision than I can get with my finger tip. If I had a good stylus though, that may be more useful than the touchpad but it's just one more thing to keep track of.
    Last edited by rscheller; 12-11-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdigital12 View Post

same here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links