Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 32GB or 64GB???

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    14 times
    Modern UI programs can only be installed to internal memory (there is a mod to get around that limitation but it's been reported to sometimes cause problems) Other than that most everything should be able to be installed on an SD card.

Oh, and my first hard drive was 40 MB in my 286 with 1 M of RAM. That wasn't my first PC either - just the first one with a hard drive.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    My previous tablet was a 16gb ipad. I learned to live just fine with that. Now i have 32+64 gb (sd) in my tablet. That's more than gfine for me!
    If someone wants the t100 as a main computer, then 32gb will not do the job. It' all about your needs and purposes.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversized2 View Post
    The purpose for the T100 would be for field use at a construction site. The ability to use email, windows office for construction documents and viewing PDF drawings. Don't forsee a need for a lot of added programs other than a possible USB aircard. 64GB in an external card should be plenty for drawings, documents and pics. At $299, won't feel a lot of grief if it doesn,t hold up.
    For $40-50 more you can have the 64 GB version if you just look around a bit. $40-50 is maybe twice the price of that extra 32 GB SD card that you're going to need. It is MORE than worth it to have that memory onboard instead of poking out the side of your tablet.

If a $25 difference is going to break the bank, you probably don't have the disposable income to be buying a tablet like this in the first place. To me the 32 GB version exists only so they can say "Starting at $299". It's not a practical choice for anyone who plans to actually use the thing for more than web surfing.

If $299 isn't going to cause you grief, then $349 really shouldn't either. Think about it this way, $50 is a dinner for two at a moderately priced restaurant or two weeks of Starbuck coffees.

It really makes NO sense to choose the 32 GB model unless you literally plan on deleting Office or not installing any apps on it. Choose the 32 GB and find out you need more space, you have to spend almost the same money anyway to get 32 GB more in an SD card which is less convenient and sticks out the side.

What is more likely? That you buy the 64 GB and regret it or that you buy the 32 GB and regret it? Think about it.

Just my two cents.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsf3g View Post
    One last thing: you might be budget constrained, but if not, on a construction site I would definitely consider a Panasonic Toughbook tablet. Those things are built for rough environments. The T100 is not, and you may find the screen difficult to read outdoors because of low brightness.
    If he's concerned about the extra $50 for the 64 GB version, I'm guessing a $1200 Toughbook tablet probably isn't in the running LOL. But I would LOVE to have a Toughbook. I've wanted a Toughbook laptop forever, but those things are like $2500-3500 with 2 year old specs and a 1366x768 screen lol.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I took eveybodies advice and held out for a 64GB. Ordered from "Newegg.com" $374. less 10% promo discount &$2.99 shipping, no tax. Total $339.50 Now just have to wait for delivery 4-5 bus days. Thanks eveyone.
    SocialCarpet likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Very good deal, almost as good as MS Store $299 for 64GB, considering that MS Store charges tax in most states.

Congrats!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello everyone!

I have the option to buy in Spain now the transformer 64gb or 32gb + 500hd on the keyboard. My question is Can I install programs on the external hard disk 500gb keyboard ?

I understand that in the Micro Sd card is not possible.

So ... Is it a good idea to buy the 32GB + 500gb HDD on the keyboard if you can use another external drive and is not possible to install programs there?

thanks a lot!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimens View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have the option to buy in Spain now the transformer 64gb or 32gb + 500hd on the keyboard. My question is Can I install programs on the external hard disk 500gb keyboard ?

I understand that in the Micro Sd card is not possible.

So ... Is it a good idea to buy the 32GB + 500gb HDD on the keyboard if you can use another external drive and is not possible to install programs there?

thanks a lot!
    actually it is possible to install on the micro sd card you just need to set it up as a virtual drive e.g I have a folder C:\SD64 which links to the sdcard and I install programs under here. You can install on the hard disk also but then you'd have to worry about it not working when using as tablet mode? I have the 32Gb + HDD version and a 64Gb SD card and so far I haven't really used the hard disk, in fact if I were you I'd probably get the 64Gb version without Hdisk and stick a 64Gb card in it to give 128Gb which should be plenty of space - note that for normal (smallish) file access the SD card is quite a bit quicker than the hdisk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I own the 32GB+500GB model, and basing on experience, I would prefer the 64GB model. I bought an microSD card for total flash capacity of 96 GB and use the HDD very rarely - it consumes energy, it makes noises and frequently stops/starts spinning which is annoying. So i use the HDD mainly as a bulky form of portable HDD (but you have to copy from others via wifi, which is slow). I would go for the 64GB model now, if I had a choice, and pair it with an microSD card when needed.

rscheller
    Don't be sorry or forever second guess yourself... get the 64GB.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links