Thread: My experiences with T100 (pretty impressive) :

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times

Cool My experiences with T100 (pretty impressive) :

I finally had time to unbox my brand new T100 and here are the things I did:

It looks like mine was manufactured on Oct 23, 2013 and came with Windows 8.1 with WinFlash 2.42 version. Also, there was 0% charge remaining so had to plug it in. The first thing I did is after I personalized 8.1 is to use the machine for while to see how it is working. Pretty impressive. Didn't notice any issues, no lags in trackpad usage etc. Used it for a few hours and then updated the BIOS to 2.20 using a flash drive. It initally came with BIOS 2.14. Even after I updated to 2.20, didn't see any extra improvements. So far so good. Used the machine for a few hours and then the charge seems to be fine. I put the machine to sleep for a few minutes and when it came back from sleep, the trackpad was very very responsive. I didn't see any split second delay in the trackpad response unlike others who had issues. Around 9.30PM PST, I checked that the charge was at 100% and put it to sleep and also removed the power cord. This morning around 11AM PST, after coming back from sleep, the charge is at 95% which is pretty awesome. In a matter of 13.5 hours, the charge lost was just 5% even with the Webstorage crap running as I didn't terminate or kill any service.

So, it looks like this is a excellent machine although haven't used the keyboard or the touch screen much. I'm going to install a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 and install all drivers from scratch. More to follow!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm glad you're happy with it. I couldn't be happier with mine.

While I will admit to the fact that for every product a few lemons exist, I've concluded that most of the issues people have are because of things that haven't been updated, and in the case of the slow-charging issue, because they're not using the appropriate cord (i.e., the included one).

At this point, the only issues I have are things that must, simply MUST, be excused because of the price point: a highly smudge-prone screen, ever-so-slight creakiness to the tablet body, small and occasionally testy touch pad, and slightly behind-the-cutting-edge screen resolution.

I still say it's the best for-the-price Windows 8 slate on the market. You are getting so much for your money it's crazy.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    The T100 is the ultramobile PC that I've always wanted with an OS that mostly supports it and battery life that I demand.

At $273, this is my best investment to date for this caliber mobile PC. I spent $2500 on my OQO, $1500 Sony U750P, and a bunch of money on Toshiba Librettos starting with the Libretto 50 running Windows NT since 1996.

For the little quirks, I'm good with this and it's a great companion/main travel device with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone.

I'm planning on dumping my iPad retina, iPad Mini, and Samsung Galaxy Tab, and won't bring my work notebook with me any more. This is it.

What I also love about this device is that you don't have to walk around with a huge power brick. The ASUS power plug is a small adapter that you would use for a smartphone and the charging cable is little as well.

For grins, I carry an external power charger brick for all of my portable electronics that also powers/charges the T100. I can't do this with any other laptop.
    Last edited by Funnel; 12-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Maine_Coon likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnel View Post
    The T100 is the ultramobile PC that I've always wanted with an OS that mostly supports it and battery life that I demand.

At $273, this is my best investment to date for this caliber mobile PC. I spent $2500 on my OQO, $1500 Sony U750P, and a bunch of money on Toshiba Librettos starting with the Libretto 50 running Windows NT since 1996.

For the little quirks, I'm good with this and it's a great companion/main travel device with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone.

I'm planning on dumping my iPad retina, iPad Mini, and Samsung Galaxy Tab, and won't bring my work notebook with me any more. This is it.

What I also love about this device is that you don't have to walk around with a huge power brick. The ASUS power plug is a small adapter that you would use for a smartphone and the charging cable is little as well.

For grins, I carry an external power charger brick for all of my portable electronics that also powers/charges the T100. I can't do this with any other laptop.
    Man,

I've been thru quite a few Librettos too.

Not QQQ, but EEEs too.

I made one of the first world tablets myself in 2009 by modifying Asus EEE 900HA w/touch screen and getting rid of the keyboard.
    ASUS 900HA 8.9-inch touchscreen slate mod - SlashGear
    Asus Eee PC 900HA sacrifices keyboard to become a tablet PC - Liliputing

This T100 fits the bill perfectly.

Although my self-made tablet had GPS and built-in IR emitter for the controls of my AV equipment.
    We are still not there yet.
    Last edited by Maine_Coon; 12-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    I owned an ASUS TF700 and wished that it was running Windows instead of Android. The T100 was my wish come true and came at a cheaper price. Merry Christmas to me.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    7 times
    I've had my T100 for a few weeks after I busted up my TF300 Android tablet (Corner of tablet met the floor after a 2ft waiting period...Whoops) and I fell in love with it the moment I started using it. ASUS blew it out of the water with this thing. Bang for your buck doesn't come close to describing this ultraportable. Hell, I played some modded Doom on it no problem, and that surprised me.
    Asus T100TA 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asusbuyer View Post
    I finally had time to unbox my brand new T100 and here are the things I did:

It looks like mine was manufactured on Oct 23, 2013 and came with Windows 8.1 with WinFlash 2.42 version. Also, there was 0% charge remaining so had to plug it in. The first thing I did is after I personalized 8.1 is to use the machine for while to see how it is working. Pretty impressive. Didn't notice any issues, no lags in trackpad usage etc. Used it for a few hours and then updated the BIOS to 2.20 using a flash drive. It initally came with BIOS 2.14. Even after I updated to 2.20, didn't see any extra improvements. So far so good. Used the machine for a few hours and then the charge seems to be fine. I put the machine to sleep for a few minutes and when it came back from sleep, the trackpad was very very responsive. I didn't see any split second delay in the trackpad response unlike others who had issues. Around 9.30PM PST, I checked that the charge was at 100% and put it to sleep and also removed the power cord. This morning around 11AM PST, after coming back from sleep, the charge is at 95% which is pretty awesome. In a matter of 13.5 hours, the charge lost was just 5% even with the Webstorage crap running as I didn't terminate or kill any service.

So, it looks like this is a excellent machine although haven't used the keyboard or the touch screen much. I'm going to install a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 and install all drivers from scratch. More to follow!
    Just an update and a question:

I managed to format the primary partition and intalled a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 32 bit. I'm installing the driver packages one by one from the Asus support site and I'm bumping into a issue:

1. I extracted Intel SOC Driver Package (V101 - 11/08/2013) and ran the Master installer and secure installer. Both went fine. The documentation available in the installer folder has specified to run all the .bat files in some specific order under the Scripts folder. I first ran the "Install IO Drivers.bat" as a adminsitrator from command prompt and it says "failed to install the driver on any of the devices. There is no other data available."). It successfully installed iaiospi.inf. Do I have to be worried about this?

2. Same with MBI driver.bat.

Please advise.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asusbuyer View Post
    Just an update and a question:

I managed to format the primary partition and intalled a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 32 bit. I'm installing the driver packages one by one from the Asus support site and I'm bumping into a issue:

1. I extracted Intel SOC Driver Package (V101 - 11/08/2013) and ran the Master installer and secure installer. Both went fine. The documentation available in the installer folder has specified to run all the .bat files in some specific order under the Scripts folder. I first ran the "Install IO Drivers.bat" as a adminsitrator from command prompt and it says "failed to install the driver on any of the devices. There is no other data available."). It successfully installed iaiospi.inf. Do I have to be worried about this?

2. Same with MBI driver.bat.

Please advise.
    check Device Manager. Do you see devices with the yellow exclamation point?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't run the NFC batch file as the documentation has a warning about flashing the firmware. Except for the camera and audio inf, I didn't see any other infs install went thru successfully. I'm still seeing 5 unknown devices showing in yellow.

What did you do? Did you install the batch files from the Scripts folder?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    Never mind. I was able to do all that was missing and the system is now working good. Can you guys list the memory % after the system boots?. I didn't have office installed yet but running BitDefender Internet Security 2014 and no issues so far. The memory usage is hovering at 25% and I have also disabled unnecessary services.

Thank you all.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links