Quote Originally Posted by id3alistic View Post
Isn't part of the reason why the store sucks is because all their stores are separated? Windows Phone, Tablets/PCs, and Xbox store all have different apps/games.

And then Windows 9 is suppose to join all the stores together or something. Anyways, I almost never use my T100 as a tablet. I only use it for netflix. Everything else I do is via desktop mode.
Well... having a combined app store has its negatives too... like Android still deals with having most apps optimized for phone usage and not tablet usage for example...

Anyway, MS plans to start merging the app stores long before Windows 9... more like when Windows Phone 9 comes out, which will be a lot sooner than Windows 9... like by a couple of years... but when they merge the app stores for at least the WP and RT then RT will basically take over, much like how Android once had a split between Tablet (Honeycomb) and Phone (Gingerbread) but finally merged them...

It'll take longer to merge XBox because of all the DRM, copyrights, etc linked to the game revenue, etc that naturally promotes a more locked ecosystem to discourage pirating, etc. but there would be some crossover at least...

While, aside from the head start that the WP app store has, it may otherwise quickly switch to tablet heavy offerings... unlike Android and iOS that still dominate for phone usage because MS's OS is most likely to be dominant for tablets but is less promising for the phone market right now but that may be better as tablets and laptops are better for productivity and we'd likely see more other more powerful apps to be developed than you would likely see made for a phone...