Thread: Battery life average - Battery percent readout? - Battery wear

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    I'm getting between 9 hours, 51 minutes to 10 hours, 44 minutes of constant use.

Everyone's experience on battery life will vary, depending on how they use their device and what configurations they have for various power options. The combinations for setup are extensive.

Turning off WIFI when not in use adds battery life - just one example. I use WIFI alot, so it stays on here.
    My results have been similar. The worst I ever got was about 9 hours and 5 min, and that was streaming movies and playing games almost continuously. The best I've done was 11 hours, 15 min. That was actively using the internet about 40% of the time and writing in Word the rest of the time with the screen a bit dimmer than I usually keep it, maybe 50%. On average though I get right around 10 hours nearly every time and I keep WiFi on and Bluetooth off and brightness at about 70%

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    How do you set brightness to certain level?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dare_v View Post
    How do you set brightness to certain level?
    Under properties you have to disable the automatic brightness adjustment (supposing it is on). Otherwise it is simply under the charms bar, one of the options is screen brightness. Or you can use the function keys on the keyboard dock to adjust brightness.

I leave the automatic brightness adjustment on (though it is a little spazy about adjusting the brightness. I wish there was a way to adjust the sensitivity and/or frequency of adjustment, which there doesn't seem to be).

I haven't done any real battery life tests, but it seems very good. Watching a movie with Wifi off (I mostly watch on my lunch hour at work, and no wifi for me to connect to there), I'll run through about 7-8% battery life per hour, which works out to around 12hrs of battery life watching movies on medium brightness (and head phones).

General light work, such as web browsing, email and some word processing with wifi on, it seems to be a bit closer to 8-10% per hour. So maybe 10hrs or a little more.

Light weight gaming, such as a couple of the windows store games (Castle Panic, a couple similar) and some other light weight games, like FFVII PC, its around 10% an hour. Could be a little more, could be a little less, I haven't been keeping a super close eye on it. Maybe 9-10hrs.

Heavy gaming, in this case Kerbal Space Program (which I am shocked runs pretty well on lighter weight graphical settings) burns through the battery pretty fast and the area, I assume over the CPU, gets a bit warm to the thouch. Not hot, but noticably warmer (5-8F?) than the rest of the rear chasis. That burns through about 8% per half hour (I've run it once, for about 30 minutes and I lost 8% battery life in the roughly half hour I played). So if you are really hammering the SoC, it will churn through battery. Even then, it probably could manage in the 5-6hr range under very heavy gaming load.

Overall I am very impressed with the battery life. Its certainly better than my iPad 2 ever was. I could eek maybe 10hrs of movie watching out of it, but that would be if I had screen brightness turned to maybe 20%, head phones and wifi off. Web browsing and the sort might be 8-9hrs and gaming it would be more like 6hrs (and certainly at best it would qualify as the light weight gaming use case I mentioned above where I seem to be getting 9-10hrs of battery life on the T100).

It isn't worlds better on the T100, other than the lightweight gaming, but the same or better is pretty darned nice since I had no complaints about the iPad 2, and this is realistically probably 10-20% better battery life under similar use cases.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    You said you have auto brightness on, but later you said you watch movies on half brightness? I assumed auto brightness cannot be customized?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    It cannot be customized. It still keeps your brightness settings generally in mind with auto brightness on though.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Cant seem to get to the mythical 10 hour battery life that some people are getting here. But I guess my usecase is quite on the heavy usage side.

I usually only get like 7-8 hours (sometimes 6) with alot of tabs open (on both IE and Chrome) streaming twitch tv and music and skype running all day. Bluetooth is off, Brightness to like 70% Wifi connected all day.

Is anyone doing anything special?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Im in the same boat as you, thou I also blame the battery wear which is taking 10% of it..wiťh no batt wear Id be near 10 hours...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Have you guys done a full calibration of your battery since you had it?

I can highly recommend the following page and the free program they make which will give you more details about your battery and remind you to calibrate it every 30 or so discharge cycles: BatteryCare - FAQ Frequent Asked Questions

My battery was at 11% wear or so but I have managed to get it back to 6.89% with a total capacity now showing as 28560 mWh after 16 discharge cycles.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    How did you calibrate it and how is your normal cycle like?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Have a good read of the link I posted above and also this BatteryCare - Proper laptop battery usage guide which explains the calibration process in detail. I try to use my battery down to around 40% or so and then I charge it back up to 100% fully either whilst using it (takes a while!) or overnight and then I leave the T100 plugged in most days as I use mine as a desktop replacement with it showing it's 100% charged and no longer charging until I need to be portable again then run it down to around 40% again before repeating this. I have done 1 calibration in this time and all of this is based on my interpretation of the various (often conflicting) advice out there about how to run a battery like is in the T100.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links