Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Thread merged

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkYan View Post
    i use it for webs emails and vidoes maybe 1 hour games to test only i got desktop for play. and i normally charge it at 50% then to 95% light turns white so i unplug. I only do full discharge and recharge to reset the battery as some others say 2 times so far. also i use the stock charger 100% ...it charges quite fast if i turn my computer off. around 5-7hrs full charge from 0.
    It might be all the experimenting you did with your Android DualOS when you tried that, that's where the wear got pretty much high I suppose or something went wrong. Otherwise unless misused and continuously charged/quickly removed methods are tried, the battery wear should not go higher. You should reach a standing low/high point and keep going +1/-1 whenever you charge around that figure, if your battery wear keeps increasing over normal usage which I doubt without any AC Power interaction, then there's a sign the battery has been damaged/or is still being damaged by some user interaction method which you are doing wrong/or a hardware issue at all. Like my fellow mod Tor, wrote above, it matters how much time you're getting out a 100% charge, if less the issue is definitely real as explained above, otherwise battery apps can also provide some wrong facts and are not 100% accurate.

Remember, the AC Power should only always be used, for charging, not for continuous every day/usage methods all the time.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    It might be all the experimenting you did with your Android DualOS when you tried that, that's where the wear got pretty much high I suppose or something went wrong. Otherwise unless misused and continuously charged/quickly removed methods are tried, the battery wear should not go higher. You should reach a standing low/high point and keep going +1/-1 whenever you charge around that figure, if your battery wear keeps increasing over normal usage which I doubt without any AC Power interaction, then there's a sign the battery has been damaged/or is still being damaged by some user interaction method which you are doing wrong/or a hardware issue at all. Like my fellow mod Tor, wrote above, it matters how much time you're getting out a 100% charge, if less the issue is definitely real as explained above, otherwise battery apps can also provide some wrong facts and are not 100% accurate.

Remember, the AC Power should only always be used, for charging, not for continuous every day/usage methods all the time.
    do you work for asus? why are you trying to blame it on the user rather than a maybe faulty battery? its a pretty ridiculous thing to say that trying to dual boot makes the battery wear out. no mean to disrespect but that is so lame. I know what i did and there is no way that a few hours of experiment with loading dual boot would damage the battery. please dont make excuse i am trying to get a solution not to get angry. I did not even mention sometimes my tablet wont boot after a full night of shutdown...it just loads to asus logo and turn off, i hope you wouldnt blame that on dual boot....because i did a full factory reset with format last week. like my post above i know when to charge and not to use ac with 100% charge. I know you guys dont like it when people write negative experiences about Asus but bad defects do happen even for Asus. Also as i mention i have a toshiba nb200 netbook given to me used probably at least 5+ years old i used to play with it a lot and battery wear is 9%.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    I added some photos to show today its even worst at 18% wear and going up as it is being charged

asus battery wear pics.jpg

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    This may be a problem that Asus_USA might be interested in helping you with. Maybe try to contact him?

FYI, Asus_USA has no special affiliation with these forums, nor do these forums have any affiliation with Asus but Asus_USA does drop by now and then to help out.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    do you work for asus? why are you trying to blame it on the user rather than a maybe faulty battery? its a pretty ridiculous thing to say that trying to dual boot makes the battery wear out. no mean to disrespect but that is so lame. I know what i did and there is no way that a few hours of experiment with loading dual boot would damage the battery. please dont make excuse i am trying to get a solution not to get angry. I did not even mention sometimes my tablet wont boot after a full night of shutdown...it just loads to asus logo and turn off, i hope you wouldnt blame that on dual boot....because i did a full factory reset with format last week. like my post above i know when to charge and not to use ac with 100% charge. I know you guys dont like it when people write negative experiences about Asus but bad defects do happen even for Asus. Also as i mention i have a toshiba nb200 netbook given to me used probably at least 5+ years old i used to play with it a lot and battery wear is 9%.
    No Mark, I don't work for Asus . Yes, bad manufacturer defects do occur in any brand, any electronic device. If you read my post correctly, I didn't mean't dual boot caused it, but I stated the options of what all might have caused the battery wear to begin with, nor that it's your fault, nor am I doubting your efforts in anyway, and clearly wrote in the end 'a hardware issue at all'. Furthermore added if you get proper usage then, definitely it is the battery apps which aren't accurate, and should ignore those. But if you feel you don't and have issues, then definitely go for a RMA/Repair/Replacement, since the tablet is just weeks old and this high percentage of battery wear should not occur moreover it seem's it is clearly increasing. Alot of issues, does also happen from user interactions as well that was my point, where you agree with it or not, it does happen, that's a general statement no disrespect, doesn't mean you caused it.
    rickscheller and eejit like this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    This may be a problem that Asus_USA might be interested in helping you with. Maybe try to contact him?

FYI, Asus_USA has no special affiliation with these forums, nor do these forums have any affiliation with Asus but Asus_USA does drop by now and then to help out.
    I think i should deal with my local store first since i can still exchange it....i am posting here for further advises. maybe my settings or something else thats causing this wear. thanks

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    No Mark, I don't work for Asus . Yes, bad manufacturer defects do occur in any brand, any electronic device. If you read my post correctly, I didn't mean't dual boot caused it, but I stated the options of what all might have caused the battery wear to begin with, nor that it's your fault, nor am I doubting your efforts in anyway, and clearly wrote in the end 'a hardware issue at all'. Furthermore added if you get proper usage then, definitely it is the battery apps which aren't accurate, and should ignore those. But if you feel you don't and have issues, then definitely go for a RMA/Repair/Replacement, since the tablet is just weeks old and this high percentage of battery wear should not occur moreover it seem's it is clearly increasing. Alot of issues, does also happen from user interactions as well that was my point, where you agree with it or not, it does happen, that's a general statement no disrespect, doesn't mean you caused it.
    Sorry i misunderstood you. I am glad you clarified it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I think i should deal with my local store first since i can still exchange it....i am posting here for further advises. maybe my settings or something else thats causing this wear. thanks
    The battery stats are pretty deep on a system level and cant be easily modified. If you are getting this data its an easy proof to the store that you need an exchange.
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 02-20-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    rickscheller likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    The battery stats are pretty deep on a system level and cant be easily modified. If you are getting this data its an easy proof to the store that you need and exchange.
    thanks i think this is my best option right now.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links