Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Klokan View Post
    I have these power related issues on T100TA 64 GB (with 500 GB dock):

1. I never got over 5h 30 minutes battery life - with display on 25 % and basic browser/Office use. Wattage barely goes under 4000 mW, usualy it sticks on 4700 mW. I have never seen less then 3700 mW. No hanging apps with high CPU consuption running according to Task manager. Removing the dock does not have any significant effect on power consumption. Curent battery wear is 6 % (after 15 charging cycles).

2. I had to disable Connected standby and use Hibernation instead - overnight self discharge issue (with dock or without). No problem here, Hibernation works fine.

3. When I connect higher power USB device (i.e. external HDD) or HDMI to VGA adapter on battery level under 50 % tablet turns off or display blinks and system crashes with Windows going to auto recovery afterwards

4. Tablet unexpectidly goes to hibernate on battery levels under 40 % - even though I work on it and auto hibernation is set to 5 %

5. Tablet sometimes refuses to turn on/wake up from hibernate with battery levels under 40 % - I need to attach charger, power on and then I continue to work unplugged (unless it again hibernates after a few minutes....)

6 . not power related issue - Touch screen does not work sometimes after wake up from hibernate. Disabling/re-enabling I2C HID in Device manager helps, but it's annoying and "hard to do" without dock/keyboard.

Any ideas ? Is this bevaiour normal or should I send it to Asus for reclamation ? I have installed all the updates from Asus as well as for Windows.

Klokan - We are truly very sorry that you're experiencing these issues with your T100TA. Please send us an email at socialsupportus@asus.com with this problem description along with your T100's serial number and we will do our best to provide you with the best troubleshooting or servicing options.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Klokan - We are truly very sorry that you're experiencing these issues with your T100TA. Please send us an email at socialsupportus@asus.com with this problem description along with your T100's serial number and we will do our best to provide you with the best troubleshooting or servicing options.
    ad 1. I performed complete "Refresh" and experience major improvements on battery life - BB reporting 10+ hours - dropping down to 7 hours of realistic browser/office/email/messaging apps use which is acceptable.
    ad 2. Overnight self discharge in Sleep (connected standby) is still an issue. I have tried Flight mode, distance pads for dock, disabling wake up timers,... I will experiment some more before coming to conclusions. Con.Sleep during the day and manual Hibernate overnight is acceptable and working fine without morning surprises.
    ad 3. No hard crash experienced since the Refresh (5 days ago) - fingers crossed...;-) One app crash on Outlook 2013 (with all the updates) - OK, my Exchange mailbox is huge, but anyway.... ;-)
    ad 4. Two discharge cycles went down to 2 % with auto hibernate preserving the session - exactly as configured - ufff, nice !
    ad 5. Tablet still refuses to wake from Hibernate on moderate battery levels - I have tried 30 % and 25 % - no chance to wake up unless I connect it to plug for a few seconds - then it works unplugged for another 2 hours. This must be BIOS issue. Probably no one in Asus calculated with Hibernate option used instead of Connected Sleep on battery levels higher then critical ?
    ad 6. EDIT: Touchscreen still does not work from time to time after wake up from Hibernate.
    Last edited by Klokan; 02-10-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times

2 week old battery dying already?

hi I was pretty happy with my computer bought couple weeks ago t100ta with 64gb until i installed the battery bar program which shows 15% wear already on it (25193 out of 30225 mWh)
    i got a 5 year old toshiba netbook nb200 with same batterybar program shouws 9% wear

ok this was a few days ago

. I jump to today i was charging my t100 from drained. the wear percent was 16.2% at 7am at 10am still charging wear percent was 16.4 % and now 12:25pm wear percent is 16.6%

ahhh what is going on how do i fix this? i already got latest bios 313 !!

thanks guys

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    at 12:29pm wear percent is 16.7%

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Tell us how you use your T100 and how you charge/discharge it?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    i use it for webs emails and vidoes maybe 1 hour games to test only i got desktop for play. and i normally charge it at 50% then to 95% light turns white so i unplug. I only do full discharge and recharge to reset the battery as some others say 2 times so far. also i use the stock charger 100% ...it charges quite fast if i turn my computer off. around 5-7hrs full charge from 0.
    Last edited by MarkYan; 02-19-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkYan View Post
    i use it for webs emails and vidoes maybe 1 hour games to test only i got desktop for play. and i normally charge it at 50% then to 95% light turns white so i unplug. I only do full discharge and recharge to reset the battery as some others say 2 times so far. also i use the stock charger 100% ...it charges quite fast if i turn my computer off. around 5-7hrs full charge from 0.
    That sounds like good battery preservation practices. I have no idea why your battery wear shows 15-16% on a two week old device.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    That sounds like good battery preservation practices. I have no idea why your battery wear shows 15-16% on a two week old device.
    thanks i dont know why also i also use the CPUID HWMonitor which shows the same wear % so i dont think its the program reading error

ok this is quite sad the wear percent atm is 16.9%( 1:57pm) with battery at 78% and charging.
    Last edited by MarkYan; 02-19-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    244 times
    Well, what matters is how much time you get out of the device.. if that seems to be reduced as well then the issue is real. If not, then I wouldn't trust the battery apps.
    As for battery conservation, I would *not* discharge it to low levels if at all possible. Every time you deep-drain a Lithium-Ion battery you kill it a little bit (depending on how low it will let you drain it, it may kill it a large bit. My mobile phone battery went from 3 weeks (this was before they became very smart..) to 1 day life time after a single deep-discharge).

-Tor

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Well, what matters is how much time you get out of the device.. if that seems to be reduced as well then the issue is real. If not, then I wouldn't trust the battery apps.
    As for battery conservation, I would *not* discharge it to low levels if at all possible. Every time you deep-drain a Lithium-Ion battery you kill it a little bit (depending on how low it will let you drain it, it may kill it a large bit. My mobile phone battery went from 3 weeks (this was before they became very smart..) to 1 day life time after a single deep-discharge).

-Tor
    Tonight the wear % drop a little bit to 16.7% last time i check. i have to keep monitoring it to get more data.
    I also got a little drainage problem with BIOS 313 it will drop 10-15% over 7-8 hours of sleep time. with the last BIOS 303 it only drain 1-2% over same time but i am not too worry about this since its mostly software issue

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links