Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aatef View Post
    after about 13 cycle
    every time i connect the charger i lose capacity
    at 15 cycle now i got 21,500mWh
    is there is a solution that i can do or i must return it for replace?
    any help please

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Bad cable, bad charger? Do you have another 2Amp or more charger and a good cable?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I have these power related issues on T100TA 64 GB (with 500 GB dock):

1. I never got over 5h 30 minutes battery life - with display on 25 % and basic browser/Office use. Wattage barely goes under 4000 mW, usualy it sticks on 4700 mW. I have never seen less then 3700 mW. No hanging apps with high CPU consuption running according to Task manager. Removing the dock does not have any significant effect on power consumption. Curent battery wear is 6 % (after 15 charging cycles).

2. I had to disable Connected standby and use Hibernation instead - overnight self discharge issue (with dock or without). No problem here, Hibernation works fine.

3. When I connect higher power USB device (i.e. external HDD) or HDMI to VGA adapter on battery level under 50 % tablet turns off or display blinks and system crashes with Windows going to auto recovery afterwards

4. Tablet unexpectidly goes to hibernate on battery levels under 40 % - even though I work on it and auto hibernation is set to 5 %

5. Tablet sometimes refuses to turn on/wake up from hibernate with battery levels under 40 % - I need to attach charger, power on and then I continue to work unplugged (unless it again hibernates after a few minutes....)

6 . not power related issue - Touch screen does not work sometimes after wake up from hibernate. Disabling/re-enabling I2C HID in Device manager helps, but it's annoying and "hard to do" without dock/keyboard.

Any ideas ? Is this bevaiour normal or should I send it to Asus for reclamation ? I have installed all the updates from Asus as well as for Windows.
    FrillyBits likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Very inclusive analysis of the problem... what you didn't say is are you up to date with BIOS, drivers and Windows updates? Several of your issues can be directly related to BIOS. Let us know the BIOS version and again, run Asus Live Update and run Windows Update.
    FrillyBits likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I have BIOS version 205 dated 25/07/2014 which is to my understanding the latest one for T100TAM. Asus offers only version 204 on drivers page which is older then my.
    I have latest drivers according to Live update and manual check on Asus drivers site.
    I have all Windows updates installed.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Klokan View Post
    I have BIOS version 205 dated 25/07/2014 which is to my understanding the latest one for T100TAM. Asus offers only version 204 on drivers page which is older then my.
    I have latest drivers according to Live update and manual check on Asus drivers site.
    I have all Windows updates installed.
    Welcome to the forum

Since you seem to be up to date with everything I suggest you try a Refresh, if that doesn't fix the problems then I would send it back
    How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC - Windows Help

Good luck
    Caster likes this.
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone here having battery problems after refreshing your T100TA?

Prior to a refresh, I've been getting 8.5-11 hours on a charge based on BatteryBar with battery wear hanging around 15%. My model is a T100TAS (Z3775, 64 GB + 500 GB) one. Mine also randomly shut downs at 30% until recently - in the past few days, it starts shutting down at 50%. I've looked around the forums, and there are many others who are having the same problem. The suggested fix is to update the BIOS which I can't do, since the latest for my model is 207, and when I try to flash 313 using WinFlash, I always get the error about the ROM and the file being incompatible.

Anyway, I did a refresh, but battery life got worse - it lasted around 4 hours on the first charge after the refresh, and the wear level crept to 19% to 28% (!). I used troubleshooting>power, then it reset the "minimum processor state." It currently lasts 7 hours on idle, with Drive syncing on the background. The wear level still sits at 28% Thing is, this one is updated according to Live Update and Windows Update, and we bought this tablet back in August.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums jfreedom .

Bios 313 is not for your TAM model, I would advise you to follow the T100 Master Help Guide in my signature which explains how to check which bios I have as well as other recommended things, and download the one which would match yours, then use the Winflash for it. As far as battery wear goes, I have been there, and yes it gets quite annoying once the wear level starts increasing continuously, I got mine to reduce by doing multiple battery calibrations, you can also see more details on that in the T100 Master Help Guide, there is a guide for that too in detail. I haven't refreshed the system yet so can't comment on that, some others who have done that would definitely chime in on that part too.

Official Support & Drivers Page for T100TAM is,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Caster!

You might have mistaken me for Klokan. Klokan has a T100TAM model; I have a T100TAS one. I checked the T100TA support page link posted around this forum and the support page in my country, and they only had 207 for the T100TAS model, which is what's already installed in my Transformer. Actually, I used your guide and Battery University for calibrating my battery. The battery wear has already gone down from 28 to 25, and I hope it stays this way. I think I might monitor this one before I return to the service center.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    jfreedom, Oh yes you're right you have a TAS version. I do hope, you keep calibrating the battery, it does help reducing the wear, Good luck.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links