Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Battery life average - Battery percent readout? - Battery wear

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys, I've got something for you This week I don't have much time, so I'm on T100 only a few times per day for web browsing, FB, music on youtube, for only few hours and I've got some interesting fact about battery life with this usage. battery.jpg I've got 18hours !! but this is not my normal usage, normally my battery lasts 6-7 hours, with web, FB, gaming metro games, music, youtube and so on...
    Only I'm worried about wear level, which is on 9%

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    I just don't know that these things are reporting accurate wear level. They might be...but I am skeptical.

http://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-...ife-estimates/

Windows is really just guessing how much actual capacity is available and how much is currently stored in the battery. So both battery capacity remaining and battery health are just guesses.

So never running it down, it won't calibrate properly. Of course running it empty all the time will kill it too.
    Last edited by azazel1024; 02-07-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm, battery report shows that I have a full charge capacity of 27,739mWh/30,675mWh and I just got it a week ago, so far 5 charges.

I've been using the tablet docked into the keyboard for 1.5 hours constantly, wifi on, screen at 50% and its currently sitting at 82%. Current estimates by both Battery Care and the windows report peg total use at around 8 hours.

I know that several reviews have tested T100s and they can last for about 10 hours constantly, so I'm wondering if mine is an anomaly or its normal.

EDIT: Battery care reporting a discharge rate of 3.7W and a wear rate of 9.57%.
    Last edited by zijin_cheng; 02-12-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Mine is the same as yours, 8 hours.

So no idea how others are getting 10 hours. Mayve they have lower brightness as lcd is most likely the biggest consumer of power and can make a bug difference. But i cant have lower brightness thats for sure...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    It just depends on what you are using it for. Light web browsing, light office productivity is going to be one of the lighter use cases. Asus rates the T100 for around 8hrs with Wifi on web browsing and "up to 11hrs" under some lighter user case.

The dock itself DOES use power, keep that in mind. It isn't a lot, but its around 200-300mw, which translates in to 30-60 minutes longer run time using the T100 undocked versus docked.

LCD brightness has a lot to do with it. Check batteryinfo, the difference between minimum and maximum LCD brightness I think was around 1-1.3w, or about 2-3hrs of runtime difference.

I run mine at about 40% screen brightness and general web browsing, I get around an estimated 9hrs docked. A little more undocked, closer to 10hrs. Watching movies undocked I am getting around 12-13hrs using headphones. Docked with the speakers and 80% volume, about 11hrs. That is with Wifi off for watching movies. Wifi on reduces battery life maybe a further half an hour or so.

Movie watching is about the lowest power task you can do as most of the CPU and GPU and power down.

If you hit lots of websites, lots of flash or HTML5, etc, it'll reduce battery life more than slow browsing where you are reading lots of new articles or something.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    I wonder, azazel, how is your screen calibrated, the colours? Im using the icc profile posted on this forum and while I find colours very nice, its a bit dimmed. Maybe you have some better colour configuration and thus can use lower brightness?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times
    does using white text on black background have any effect on battery? ive read some conflicting info on it, saying it's only applicable to crt monitors.
    Even so i like the look of the dark mode.

got this laptop last november. battery wear is 9.6 according to batterybar. 27720 mwh capacity from the original. and full runtime is 8 hours. i think batterybar puts it at reduced projected hours because they want us charging once we hit the 40 to 30% mark.

and oh, I always turn off the pc whenever charging.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm, just finished a full day, screen on time at 6:57, wifi on all the time, brightness at 50%. Most of the time it was intense browsing using IE11, sitting next to the router most of the time. Maybe 45min of youtube, 45 min of light gaming (mercenary kings), docked all the time, and no battery drain while sleeping.

I think that's normal, based on the comments I've received, just wanted confirmation.

EDIT: Another weird thing I've experienced, after copying maybe 10 lines of battery stats from the report into excel, the desktop and metro freezes, I can still using any existing apps still open and switch between them, but nothing else. Only a logoff will fix this.
    Using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mothproof View Post
    does using white text on black background have any effect on battery? ive read some conflicting info on it, saying it's only applicable to crt monitors.
    Even so i like the look of the dark mode
    "Dark Mode" - should reduce battery consumption from what I recall. (I take it the "white background" is more battery-intensive than the black...)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    So my battery wear a week ago was 9.57%, now its at 12.42%. I've charged it about 5 times between the two values so far. The battery capacity dropped by almost 400mAh from to 26,854mAh in 6 days. And I've run it down to about 0-10% every time to calibrate it. Is that normal? Because right now I'm sitting tight at 40% after using it for at least 6 hours at 20-30% brightness.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links