Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62684
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times

    Question Windows 8.1 32 bit - fresh install using UEFI USB drive

    I have downloaded all drivers/tools required for T100. I wanted to do a fresh Windows 8.1 32 bit install (using my MSDN subscription) and been reading this article:

    How To Install Windows 8.1 From Bootable USB Flash Drive

    In that article, under the Notes section of Section 1, it says this: "Note that UEFI doesn’t support 32-bit version of Windows 8.1."

    I'm flabbergasted on this as we know that T100 only supports 32 bit version of Windows 8.1. So, how in the world can I use a bootable UEFI USB drive to install Windows 8.1 32 bit version on T100?. I have been reading here and some have successfully installed Windows 8.1 32 bit onto T100.

    Please advise.



  2. #2
    Ratchet
    Member #
    62849
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asusbuyer View Post
    I have downloaded all drivers/tools required for T100. I wanted to do a fresh Windows 8.1 32 bit install (using my MSDN subscription) and been reading this article:

    How To Install Windows 8.1 From Bootable USB Flash Drive

    In that article, under the Notes section of Section 1, it says this: "Note that UEFI doesn’t support 32-bit version of Windows 8.1."

    I'm flabbergasted on this as we know that T100 only supports 32 bit version of Windows 8.1. So, how in the world can I use a bootable UEFI USB drive to install Windows 8.1 32 bit version on T100?. I have been reading here and some have successfully installed Windows 8.1 32 bit onto T100.

    Please advise.
    somehow I don't believe that statement regarding UEFI.

    Here is TechNet article:

    "Windows support of UEFI




    The following Windows editions include support for UEFI:
    • Windows 8.1 and Windows® 8 support native UEFI 2.0 or later on 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64), and ARM-based PCs. They also support BIOS-based PCs, and UEFI-based PCs running in legacy BIOS-compatibility mode.


    While in UEFI mode, the Windows version must match the PC architecture. A 64-bit UEFI PC can only boot 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit PC can only boot 32-bit versions of Windows. In some cases, while in legacy BIOS mode, you may be able to run 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit PC, assuming the manufacturer supports 32-bit legacy BIOS mode on the PC.


    • Windows supports a subset of the functionality that is defined in the UEFI specification. Windows implementations do not explicitly check against higher revisions of the firmware


    • For additional UEFI requirements, see UEFI Installation Media Format and default boot behavior and UEFI Requirements: Boot time, Runtime, Hibernation State (S4).

    UEFI Firmware

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62684
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrimoldy View Post
    Asusbuyer, apart from liberating the 8GB recovery partition, is there some other advantage to doing what you're trying to do? (As opposed to just doing a factory refresh recovery install)

    I've worked on PCs professionally for 20+ years. Since the "HD" in my T100 can't be removed and slaved onto another system, I've been particularly reluctant to do things that I normally wouldn't think twice about on a laptop or desktop. I'd love it it the T100 could be connected via USB to anohter PC and then managed down to the BIOS level for recovery via some application.
    You may be right. But, I wanted to start clean. Also, to let you know, I'm not going to kill the recovery partition anyways. If I smell trouble with my adventure, I can always do a factory refresh by pressing F9 (hopefully should work).

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62792
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Start clean install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro or Ent to T100 :
    1. Make USB boot EFI UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
    2. Extras Windows 8.1 Pro to USB
    3. Hit F2 on boot T100
    4. Choose boot from USB (EFI boot) in bios
    5. Install Windows 8.1 on HDD
    6. To keep recovery partition and F9 to recovery windows, format windows partition and install windows to it -> Step 8
    7. To save 8GB disk space, delete all partitions and create new one, windows automation create another partition to support efi boot ( if you want keep recovery partition -> backup it to USB using Control Panel -> Recovery).
    8. Install driver from ASUS website -> running anything great. (If driver not install, please manual install it via Device Manager).

    My T100 after install:
    123.jpgIMG_0507.jpg
    Last edited by taivadlc; 12-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.

  5. #5
    Jazz
    Member #
    62770
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taivadlc View Post
    Start clean install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro or Ent to T100 :
    1. Make USB boot EFI UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
    2. Extras Windows 8.1 Pro to USB
    3. Hit F2 on boot T100
    4. Choose boot from USB (EFI boot) in bios
    5. Install Windows 8.1 on HDD
    6. To keep recovery partition and F9 to recovery windows, format windows partition and install windows to it -> Step 8
    7. To save 8GB disk space, delete all partitions and create new one, windows automation create another partition to support efi boot ( if you want keep recovery partition -> backup it to USB using Control Panel -> Recovery).
    8. Install driver from ASUS website -> running anything great. (If driver not install, please manual install it via Device Manager).

    My T100 after install:
    123.jpgIMG_0507.jpg
    I am interested in what version of Windows Pro 8.1 32 bit you installed here. Is it from a version that runs from a Volume key or a version that runs from a single purchased Pro key?

    I am a tech coordinator and have a volume license and wish to use those to install Windows 8.1 32bit Pro on the Asus T100.

    Thank you in advance for your reply.

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62792
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williambs55 View Post
    I am interested in what version of Windows Pro 8.1 32 bit you installed here. Is it from a version that runs from a Volume key or a version that runs from a single purchased Pro key?

    I am a tech coordinator and have a volume license and wish to use those to install Windows 8.1 32bit Pro on the Asus T100.

    Thank you in advance for your reply.
    Search gg for "Win81AIO-20in1-x86-en-US-Nov2013.iso". Download it and use install without a key. Choose windows editon you want install (KMS-Activated = windows activated)

  7. #7
    Jazz
    Member #
    62770
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taivadlc View Post
    Search gg for "Win81AIO-20in1-x86-en-US-Nov2013.iso". Download it and use install without a key. Choose windows editon you want install (KMS-Activated = windows activated)
    One more maybe dumb question. Do I use the KMS key that Microsoft issued us when we purchased our volume license it activate via the web by itself?
    Thank you once again.

  8. #8
    Jazz
    Member #
    62770
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taivadlc View Post
    Search gg for "Win81AIO-20in1-x86-en-US-Nov2013.iso". Download it and use install without a key. Choose windows editon you want install (KMS-Activated = windows activated)
    Unable to find "Win81AIO-20in1-x86-en-US-Nov2013.iso" on the web. all attempts say the files have been removed.

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62684
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Excellent. Did you update the BIOS to 220 before installing a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 32 bit?. Did you then manually install each of the drivers that is listed on the Asus support site and how is your experience so far?

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62792
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williambs55 View Post
    Unable to find "Win81AIO-20in1-x86-en-US-Nov2013.iso" on the web. all attempts say the files have been removed.
    Link here: After install windows, windows activated, not need key, update from MS work well.
    Last edited by taivadlc; 12-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Install Apps After Windows Update
    By rtaite in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 01:32 AM
  2. windows 8.1 re-install
    By vadimo in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 09:57 AM
  3. How i can install Windows 8 in my Transformers PAD TF300T?
    By emora1 in forum Transformer Pad 300 Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  4. T-100 Won't install Printer Drivers (Windows 8.1)
    By stevepsych in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 12:34 PM
  5. need windows 8 install on tf101
    By asus828 in forum Transformer Windows Devices General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 07:40 AM

Search tags for this page

asus 32 bit uefi

,

asus t100 bootable usb flash

,

asus t100 uefi

,
asus transformer book windows 8.1 boot from usb
,

asus transformerpad boot menu f9 usb windows 8.1

,
boot from usb t100
,
install windows 10 on surface pro from usb efi
,

install windows 8.1 32bits on uefi

,
t100 erase partition
,

win81aio-20in1-x86-en-us-nov2013

,

windows 8.1 pro

,

windows 8.1 uefi install 32 bit

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:19 AM.