Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williambs55 View Post
    What image did you use?
    Thank you
    I used an ISO I pulled from my MS Volume License Portal. I am testing the hybrid form factor for a subset of users at my company.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    27 times
    Rufus is the easiest way of making a UEFI bootable Windows USB installer:

For 32-bit you may need to select MBR for UEFI however, as opposed to GPT.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmastera View Post
    I used an ISO I pulled from my MS Volume License Portal. I am testing the hybrid form factor for a subset of users at my company.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Like you, I have ISO's available through my school and set up the image with the download from there. I will need to work through how to include the volume license key in the image. I know that it is doable. Would like to build them for the staff and students.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Guys,please can you tell me where i can see what verzion of T100 is?For example DK007 is this number on the opening box somewhere?I will buy it tomorow so i don't want to be cheated..

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrimoldy View Post
    Asusbuyer, apart from liberating the 8GB recovery partition, is there some other advantage to doing what you're trying to do? (As opposed to just doing a factory refresh recovery install)

I've worked on PCs professionally for 20+ years. Since the "HD" in my T100 can't be removed and slaved onto another system, I've been particularly reluctant to do things that I normally wouldn't think twice about on a laptop or desktop. I'd love it it the T100 could be connected via USB to anohter PC and then managed down to the BIOS level for recovery via some application.
    I was wondering this myself.

The T100 comes with virtually no bloatware. The Asus WebStorage app is about the only thing you could even call bloatware and it's one tiny thing that can easily be uninstalled. It doesn't have any trialware or shovelware packed into it. There is absolutely zero practical reason to do a clean install on one of these out of the box. Hope I'm not putting too fine a point on it, but people who do this are inviting trouble with their OCD. Turn off WebStorage and Reading Mode and just enjoy your tablet. You won't be accomplishing ANYTHING with a clean install except possibly bricking your device because you installed some version of 8.1 it's not happy with or you're missing a driver or some other little bit that has to be just right.

These things are finicky, but I have not had a single issue with mine. I'm convinced that one of the reasons why is that I have followed the directions from day one. I have not needlessly tinkered with it or recklessly uninstalled stuff on a bloatware witch hunt without knowing what I needed for sure. I don't impulsively install updates the day they come out and I surely do not install BIOS updates the day they come out.

Do what you like, but the caution has served me well and I have avoided many of the headaches others here have had to deal with because I knew when to leave well enough alone. Just my two cents.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williambs55 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.
    Like you, I have ISO's available through my school and set up the image with the download from there. I will need to work through how to include the volume license key in the image. I know that it is doable. Would like to build them for the staff and students.
    Sysprep is your friend with dealing with large scale imaging like that. Use Answer Files with Sysprep Though if you have access to VLK, you might look in to using KMS, assuming you have a Licensing server within you Domain, or at least on the subnet.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asusbuyer View Post
    I have downloaded all drivers/tools required for T100. I wanted to do a fresh Windows 8.1 32 bit install (using my MSDN subscription) and been reading this article:

How To Install Windows 8.1 From Bootable USB Flash Drive

In that article, under the Notes section of Section 1, it says this: "Note that UEFI doesn’t support 32-bit version of Windows 8.1."

I'm flabbergasted on this as we know that T100 only supports 32 bit version of Windows 8.1. So, how in the world can I use a bootable UEFI USB drive to install Windows 8.1 32 bit version on T100?. I have been reading here and some have successfully installed Windows 8.1 32 bit onto T100.

Please advise.
    Look on my tutorial [Tutorial] Windows 8.1 Clean Installation
    Last edited by avisnet; 12-27-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taivadlc View Post
    Start clean install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro or Ent to T100 :
    6. To keep recovery partition and F9 to recovery windows, format windows partition and install windows to it -> Step 8
    No, it doesn't. During Windows installation, I formatted the Windows partition (it was 49 GB if I remember correct) and installed Windows there. Everything went smooth. Later I wanted to make a factory reset. So I pressed F9 in boot, then Troubleshoot -> Reset your PC. Can't reset anymore, although I didn't touch any of the other partitions. See the attachment.

I'm actually a bit frustrated now. The reason I wanted to do a factory reset is because I didn't get my T100 working too well after a fresh clean Windows install. The touchscreen doesn't work, there's a red sign on the task tray's speaker icon, the webcam led is continuesly on(!?) etc. I flashed the BIOS to the newest one and downloaded drivers before installing a clean Windows, but it seems that when installing some of the drivers they just popped up a windows that immediatly faded away. I also tried to install drivers through Windows Device manager: update driver -> specific location etc. Any suggestions what to do next?

EDIT: okay, got all the drivers working, display is rotating, audio's okay etc. But will I ever be able to reset my PC throught F9? I may want to sell this device in some point, so it is important. If you have a more technical solutions, I'm ready for that too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chier; 06-06-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    @chier:

I have created a Windows 8.1 install USB stick with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. I wanted to do a fresh Windows 8.1 install because after upgrading to Windows10 and reverting back to Windows 8.1 through Windows Update, the system in my Asus T100ta got corrupted. I did a first fresh install but the touchscreen isn't working properly. Would you please be as kind as to give an extensive list of the drivers you installed after the Windows 8.1 fresh install, where you find these drivers and how to install them properly?
    Also, have you any idea about which driver is precisely responsible for the touchscreen features?

Thanks for helping, the Asus T100 has lost a lot of its appeal to me as the touchscreen is no it working properly any more, since I am using it half if the time as a tablet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    The ATK driver is responsible for the touchscreen among other things.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links