Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TonyNI
  • 1 Post By markymark
  • 1 Post By markymark

Thread: First weeks with T100, Gaming ETC

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62909
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    1 times

    First weeks with T100, Gaming ETC

    Hi ladies and gents

    New to the forum

    Thought I would leave a few comments about my T100 experience so far

    Gaming is amazing for such a device, runs half life 2 and lost coast which was the much more advanced tech demo at highest settings at more than acceptable frame rates, unbelievable considering back in the day I was using an NVidia 6800 Ultra with 600watt PSU to run this sort of graphics

    Web and content consumption is fantastic although I have found chrome to be less stutter with HD video playback than IE11

    I have been using it more with the keyboard dock than I thought I would even though I am not using it for office apps etc

    My biggest gripe is the finish on the actual tablet and the screen reflections, minor gripes but this could have been a perfect 10/10 for me had the tablet had the same finish as the dock or like their other transformer range. The tablet part is the cheapest, nastiest, shiniest plastic ever

    Amazing device though in general and loving using it

    Hope everyone is enjoying theirs as much as I am
    rscheller likes this.

  2. #2
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61525
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    199
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyNI View Post
    My biggest gripe is the finish on the actual tablet and the screen reflections, minor gripes but this could have been a perfect 10/10 for me had the tablet had the same finish as the dock or like their other transformer range. The tablet part is the cheapest, nastiest, shiniest plastic ever
    A Skinomi black carbon fiber skin will take care of that shiny black fingerprint magnet:


    IMG_20131205_150152_239.jpg

  3. #3
    Jazz
    Member #
    2324
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    A Skinomi black carbon fiber skin will take care of that shiny black fingerprint magnet:


    IMG_20131205_150152_239.jpg
    Wow that looks awesome. Was it difficult to put on? I saw that it comes in several pieces, is that accurate? I've never applied a full skin and was worried it would be a real pain to install smoothly.

  4. #4
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61525
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    199
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy View Post
    Wow that looks awesome. Was it difficult to put on? I saw that it comes in several pieces, is that accurate? I've never applied a full skin and was worried it would be a real pain to install smoothly.
    It's just one piece. Originally they sent me one that was several pieces but it turned out that was the wrong model. I emailed them and they sent me the right one.

    It is a little tricky to get it lined up perfectly. A lot of sticking and unsticking and re-sticking. Luckily the thing is pretty strong so you can yank it around pretty good without tearing it. And the glue stays sticky. After some trial and error I found the best way for me was to start at the end with the volume button, get that lined up and then go across. They give you a little rubber wedge to smooth out the bumps and bubbles that makes it easier. Once you get it on straight, you need to apply some heat to the edges to make the adhesive bond. Like a blow dryer. I didn't have one so I used a little space heater I have.
    Swipe likes this.

  5. #5
    Jazz
    Member #
    2324
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks for the response. How would you describe the texture, is it grippy (rubbery) or more like a textured plastic?

    I may have to get one and give it a go. I really hate the bare plastic back now. Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61525
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    199
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy View Post
    Thanks for the response. How would you describe the texture, is it grippy (rubbery) or more like a textured plastic?

    I may have to get one and give it a go. I really hate the bare plastic back now. Thanks again.
    No it's not rubbery, more like textured plastic. It's a very thin sheet. But strong. And no more fingerprints.
    bostonguy likes this.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gaming on the Transformer Book T100
    By Thorburn in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Games
    Replies: 649
    Last Post: 08-30-2015, 12:54 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM
  3. two weeks now
    By canyondrive in forum New Member Introduction & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 10:08 PM

Search tags for this page

skinomi

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:04 PM.