Thread: Keyboard is flimsy

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard is flimsy

Let me start by saying. This T100 is awesome!

With that said, I have a huge problem with the keyboard, at times I am using it and it gets undocked. outa no where. I am at times scared to even plug anything that would brick unless it remains plugged in.

Is anyone else having an issue with the keyboard? I was going to stick with it until I saw someone else that had and and said he has no problems with his. I was suprised

Can anyone let me know please? I trully want to keep this lil fellow please help?
    Last edited by adeon; 12-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    This never happened to me. Are you sure you are connecting it firmly? You should feel it click in on both sides. Mine has never come undocked once it is firmly connected.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    yea i put my hand under the Dock by the connectors and push the Tab down FIRMLY until i feel the click.
    Asus T100 64GB
    Asus MeMO Pad HD7
    Asus Nexus 7 fhd
    Acer A210
    HP-TP 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes I hear the keyboard click on both sides twice. I guess I may have not worded it correctly. What I meant is that while using it, the keyboard stops responding making me undock and then re-dock to continue using it. I hear the windows disconnect notification, and then the only way to make it reconnect is to undock. sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times before i can continue to use the keyboard.

Thank you for the replies.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adeon View Post
    Yes I hear the keyboard click on both sides twice. I guess I may have not worded it correctly. What I meant is that while using it, the keyboard stops responding making me undock and then re-dock to continue using it. I hear the windows disconnect notification, and then the only way to make it reconnect is to undock. sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times before i can continue to use the keyboard.

Thank you for the replies.
    No I never had this. Sounds like maybe you got a faulty connector.

rscheller
    I can say I've never had this either but I can say I'm pretty careful with my device. I've had it about 5 weeks now and I've only undocked / docked it maybe 6 times. This undocking / docking function seems to me to be a possible weak point, although I have no personal experiences to back this up.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you guys for the replies I truly appreciated your feedback. I guess its back to the lab for this guy. I'm glad that amazons got good customer service, (too bad their drones aren't out yet :-p ) Basically I got to stick to this one, they are shipping out the other one and then I can ship it back. I just hope that they don't take longer than 30 days or I will get charged twice. Other than that inconvenience, I will try and hold on to this one till I get my other unit.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    I got the same thing going on with mine, it pisses me off. amazon is trying to make it right by sending me a new one, but they've been sold out for over a week, im thinking of just returning it and getting the venue 11 pro.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    This never happened to me. Are you sure you are connecting it firmly? You should feel it click in on both sides. Mine has never come undocked once it is firmly connected.
    No issue here either.

In fact, I have been impressed with the overall build quality of these units, especially compared with other tablets I've used to date.

One reality is that since these resemble laptops to some degree, some users may handle them in a similar manner - which is not a good idea.

These are essentially tablets with an attached keyboard, requiring more care in handling. I treat mine like something needing careful handling. My previous TF101 received similar care, and continues to operate (and look) like new.

All that said, it comes down to how you perform the "connection" of the tablet to the keyboard - something that should not be done in haste. Otherwise, the units are designed to be a perfect fit and have been here since day one.
    Swipe likes this.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links