Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rob517

Thread: Screen Brightness fix....maybe...give it a try.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times

Screen Brightness fix....maybe...give it a try.

Hi All,

I found a setting in the "PC and Devices" section that seems to increase brightness quite a bit over what the normal range is. Can someone try and see if they experience the same results? Once you're in the "PC and Devices" section, turn your screen brightness all the way up (make sure you do this before you do the next step.) Then select the "Power and Sleep" section and turn "off" automatic brightness. Watch how much brighter it gets!!

Just wanted to share this. Found it by accident while turning off the bluetooth module to save battery life.

I literally learned of this awesome tablet/laptop today while searching a web site for tablets. Grabbed one from a local store here in MI and it's been solid as a rock and came with 2.16 BIOS out of the box. The ONLY issue I have is the SLOW charging of the battery.

Rob
    sculptedstylus and daon like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes! It definitely works. Thanks for the tip.
    [Asus T100 64GB]

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob517 View Post
    Hi All,

I found a setting in the "PC and Devices" section that seems to increase brightness quite a bit over what the normal range is.

Rob
    Do I understand you correctly? You can actually increase the brightness to a higher level than what is the brightest level when adjusting the screen brightness the normal way? I ask because the dimness of the tablet is the only thing keeping me from buying this tablet.

Thanks!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    9 times
    I could be wrong but I think that having "auto brightness" enabled just caps how high the brightness level is allowed to go. I had already turned off auto so when I followed your steps I instead turned ON auto-brightness and my display dimmed a bit - probably as much as you're all seeing it increase.

So as I said I think auto just limits how high full brightness goes. That being said, after turning off auto, and setting my slider to about 50% it feels bright enough for me. Of course when summer comes and I can use it outside in the sunshine I may disagree.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    14 times
    I don't know if this is the case on the T100 but most portable devices have the "auto" screen brightness capped at less than 100% on battery power.

Many devices let you modify the auto brightness range for plugged in vs. unplugged in the BIOS. Don't know if the T100 does or not and I can't check until I get my new one tonight.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob517 View Post
    Hi All,

I found a setting in the "PC and Devices" section that seems to increase brightness quite a bit over what the normal range is. Can someone try and see if they experience the same results? Once you're in the "PC and Devices" section, turn your screen brightness all the way up (make sure you do this before you do the next step.) Then select the "Power and Sleep" section and turn "off" automatic brightness. Watch how much brighter it gets!!

Just wanted to share this. Found it by accident while turning off the bluetooth module to save battery life.

I literally learned of this awesome tablet/laptop today while searching a web site for tablets. Grabbed one from a local store here in MI and it's been solid as a rock and came with 2.16 BIOS out of the box. The ONLY issue I have is the SLOW charging of the battery.

Rob
    Welcome to the forum Rob, thanks for the tip! Seems as if the level of brightness is one of the main complaints for this device.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensemann View Post
    Do I understand you correctly? You can actually increase the brightness to a higher level than what is the brightest level when adjusting the screen brightness the normal way? I ask because the dimness of the tablet is the only thing keeping me from buying this tablet.

Thanks!
    In my experience it allowed me to crank up the brightness a few more levels. But as stated below others have already turned off the auto-brightness and it's still not bright enough for their usage.

Also, I did this while the unit was plugged in. I'm assuming it goes down a little on battery but still brighter than having it set to the auto setting.

For me, the extra levels make it more than bright enough for me even in my well lit corporate office. I actually keep it down two levels from full as it's too bright for me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    it's just me or the option for auto brightness disappeared after 2.20 Bios update?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    does it drain the battery at a much faster pace doing this? I feel like I lose a % every 4 minutes on regular use. Though I have just started using this on a regular basis. i'm going to drain the battery and see if that helps.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links