Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

FIRMWARE for T100 Available on Asus website (fixes wake up issue etc)

Hi all I've had my Asus T100 for a week now and WOW what a great all rounder, but not without its bugs the worst bug I had was the tablet refusing to wake after it had been sleeping, causing me to have to do a reset by holding on the power button for 10 secs, I searched the web and found I wasn't alone, I came across a thread with others having the same problem as me and they reported that there is a new firmware on the Asus website in the support section of the T100 model page under drivers and tools, make sure you go to the right region of the site for you as models vary and bios firmware might too, I'm using the uk version so if you are going to attempt updating your bios BE CARFUL to get the right version for your model.

Basic instructions .... INSTALLING AN INCORRECT BIOS FILE OR INTERRUPTING THE UPDATE PROCESS COULD KILL YOUR DEVICE SO BE CAREFUL! I accept no responsibility if you get things wrong

On the site download the bios file you require, mine was uk Asus site bios 216, which supposedly sorts out the wake problem and some other bugs.

Then download the winflash bios utility also on the site extract the bios file 216, then install winflash run winflash and point it to the bios file you extracted when asked, follow all onscreen instructions read warnings and make sure you are connected to the mains charger.

Then cross your fingers and let it work its magic, do not interrupt it during the process, just do as it says on screen the process should take no longer than 5 to 10 mins from start to finish.

Good luck heres a link to the uk site

ASUS Transformer Book T100 - Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I installed this from the bios easy flash utility and it has bricked my T100TA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I only see BIOS 214 on the Asus support site... which I've already installed when it was posted here some weeks back. Have they pulled it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by martyj01 View Post
    I only see BIOS 214 on the Asus support site... which I've already installed when it was posted here some weeks back. Have they pulled it?
    I think so. somebody from the other thread posted this. You can find the updated Bios here

ASUS Transformer Book T100TA Win 8.1 32bit Driver, Utilitaire, Manuel | Pilote pour ordinateur portable & Logiciel

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Thats very strange, you are right they have removed the 216 bios from the official site, maybe it was bricking some peoples tablets and they have withdrawn it? I dont know. What i do know is i updated winflash from the bios utilities on there site then installed bios 216 (which has now vanished off the site) the process was quick and easy, this was 2 days ago and my T100 is working much better, it doesnt freeze or refuse to wake anymore and generally feels snapier.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links