Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Keyboard Dock (modding?)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I own a 32 GB + 500 GB Hdd in keyboard here is more information about it.
    The model written on sticker is T100TA-DK005H (sold in Europe for now).
    This is a mechanic hdd classic 2,5 " 7mm (i tough it was a 5 mm ultra slim but no).
    Here is a screenshot of the computer management + property of the hdd, it's recognized as a USB Drive, so your idea of putting a usb to sata may be the good one.
    asus1.jpg

The perf of the drive are quite nice :
    asus2.jpg

The Hard drive is located on the right upper corner of the keyboard, near suppr and enter keys (i can hear it).

And final point i read that all other models came with a 2A charger branded Asus, our HDD model came with a non Asus branded charger and 3A (Phihong brand) with a non removable mini Usb connector. Maybe to correct the problem of non charge while in use (mine is charging well when in use).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    The are 2.5 HDD which have USB PCB boards, which may be an easier alternative than trying to use a Sata to USB adapter. Just depends on how much room there is inside the keyboard enclosure. They are usually used in external drive enclosures. Hopefully soon someone who has the HDD keyboard will open it up and take some nice pics.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Just to throw this out there, there are 2.5 HDD which have USB PCB boards, which may be an easier alternative than trying to use a Sata to USB adapter. Just depends on how much room there is inside the keyboard enclosure. They are usually used in external drive enclosures. Hopefully soon someone who has the HDD keyboard will open it up and take some nice pics.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Just checked on eBay and MANY of the ASUS tablets have keyboards available for sale... but strangely not this one.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfr View Post
    I own a 32 GB + 500 GB Hdd in keyboard here is more information about it.
    The model written on sticker is T100TA-DK005H (sold in Europe for now).
    This is a mechanic hdd classic 2,5 " 7mm (i tough it was a 5 mm ultra slim but no).
    Here is a screenshot of the computer management + property of the hdd, it's recognized as a USB Drive, so your idea of putting a usb to sata may be the good one.

The perf of the drive are quite nice :
    asus2.jpg

The Hard drive is located on the right upper corner of the keyboard, near suppr and enter keys (i can hear it).

And final point i read that all other models came with a 2A charger branded Asus, our HDD model came with a non Asus branded charger and 3A (Phihong brand) with a non removable mini Usb connector. Maybe to correct the problem of non charge while in use (mine is charging well when in use).
    do you have model of the charger, closest i got is Phihong Power Supplies & Wall Adapters
    but maximum is 2amp, never seen a 3amp one

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    Last edited by sg100; 02-20-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been watching this topic, since I have a 240GB SSD leftover from an old laptop. It would be *perfect* to put in the keyboard assembly. Low power and no heat plus 4x the storage space would give the T100 the ability to be my *only* laptop. The following link is for a parts website that carries T100 replacement parts. Not being sure of part numbers, I would be hesitant to order anything. But, it looks like they have all the required parts to make a new dock, rather than trying to mod the US one. I did notice that the HDD model has a thicker keyboard dock.

Here's the link:
    http://www.asusparts.eu/en/partfinde...100TA%20(T100)

Could someone more knowledgeable take a look and see if it's worth it to buy the parts there?
    Owner of 64GB T100 Transformer Book and 64GB Transformer Prime (Champagne) and dock which hasn't aged well.

T100 accessories: 64GB mSD card, VSTNŽ Asus Transformer Book T100 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Cover Case, BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive Touchscreen Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip, WD Passport 1TB USB3 HDD and Logitech BT Travel Mouse

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Sucks only Europe and Asia have the 500 gig dock models. Us always get the inferior models

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jo123 View Post
    Sucks only Europe and Asia have the 500 gig dock models. Us always get the inferior models
    UK not only doesn't have the 500gb dock models, but we also don't have the 64gb storage model either. So you got it better than we do!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    hey guys, so does anyone know yet, wether it is possible to use the european 500 gb dock on a us model? nobody seems to know. thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links