Thread: two more questions keyboard and cut and paste

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times

two more questions keyboard and cut and paste

1 do they make swipe for windows 8 or something similar built in to the device

2 how do you get the keyboard to pop up automatic in desktop applications

3 how do you cut and paste in metro apps like bing news is that possible

Thank you

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    1 do they make swipe for windows 8 or something similar built in to the device
    TouchPal...

2 how do you get the keyboard to pop up automatic in desktop applications
    I don't know if they fixed this behavior in Windows 8.1 but for Windows 8 MS basically assumes that if you're using the desktop then you're using a physical keyboard and mouse and only need the touch screen keyboard as a option... So instead they left the desktop a manual option, in which you can activate the keyboard and leave its icon on the taskbar and just tap it to open the keyboard when you needed it.

There are some work around methods though, in case they didn't fix it in 8.1...

My fix for keyboard popup in "Desktop" mode

3 how do you cut and paste in metro apps like bing news is that possible
    You can cut and paste in both environments, main difference is whether you do it with the Keyboard and Mouse or whether you use it with touch, the later being much like how you do it on mobile devices (like a WP8) as there's no right clicking with touch...

While, you can use snap to have two apps in view at the same time to make cutting and pasting easier as well... with the more power Windows 8 systems and a screen with 2560x1600 or greater resolutions, 8.1 also means you can snap view up to 4 views/apps at the same time and do so for each monitor you have connected.

You can do a three snap view, though, on a lesser resolution by mixing the desktop with metro apps for a mixed three way view... 8.1 also lets you resize the snap views to make either one larger or smaller as needed...

There is a intermediate resolution support for a normal 3 snap views that starts at 1600 x 1200 but while the micro HDMI does allow FHD 1920x1080 output on the T100, I'm not sure the height resolution is enough but you can try and see...
    sillyrabbitt123 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    You can cut and paste in both environments, main difference is whether you do it with the Keyboard and Mouse or whether you use it with touch, the later being much like how you do it on mobile devices (like a WP8) as there's no right clicking with touch...

While, you can use snap to have two apps in view at the same time to make cutting and pasting easier as well... with the more power Windows 8 systems and a screen with 2560x1600 or greater resolutions, 8.1 also means you can snap view up to 4 views/apps at the same time and do so for each monitor you have connected.

You can do a three snap view, though, on a lesser resolution by mixing the desktop with metro apps for a mixed three way view... 8.1 also lets you resize the snap views to make either one larger or smaller as needed...

There is a intermediate resolution support for a normal 3 snap views that starts at 1600 x 1200 but while the micro HDMI does allow FHD 1920x1080 output on the T100, I'm not sure the height resolution is enough but you can try and see...
    thanks for all the info. again too technical i dont feel like loading up anything on the machine and messing with it so i will deal with tapping the desktop icon for the kb to popup in desktop mode.

in terms of cut and paste i was reading something from Bing news app the kb was not attached and there wasnt an option at all to cut and paste from that article not even the url. am i am missing something? just cant figure out how to do it????

thanks!!!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    23 times
    For cut and paste, once you've got what you want selected (varies by application, but something like tap or double tap, or double tap and drag), then just tap and hold on text. It will pop up a copy option.
    sillyrabbitt123 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by al16000 View Post
    For cut and paste, once you've got what you want selected (varies by application, but something like tap or double tap, or double tap and drag), then just tap and hold on text. It will pop up a copy option.
    got it. don't know what I couldn't get that to work for a long bit. tried it all but I retried it the way you said and boom... it works. thanks!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    dont know why i am so silly but... how do without the keyboard rearrange icons pinned to taskbar? i cant seem to get it going.

thanks for any insight

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Does TouchPal work with Windows 8.1? I can't get it to work at all. I e-mailed the devs too like a week ago, no response.

I haven't found a solution for the pop-up keyboard in desktop mode. Very annoying issue, can't believe Microsoft can't get this right.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links