Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to enable hibernate on T100?

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    ive used hibernate since december last year and have had 0 problems, unlike cs which would leave me with a dead tablet by the end of the day. ive always used a command line shortcut for hibernating.

recently ive switched to using cs since theres been a big improvement in my results. the most ive lost is 3% in 12hrs so far. thisis with one month of using cs. i still hibernate if i know im not gonna use the tablet for a while.
    Thanks for your objective report.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    ive used hibernate since december last year and have had 0 problems, unlike cs which would leave me with a dead tablet by the end of the day. ive always used a command line shortcut for hibernating.

recently ive switched to using cs since theres been a big improvement in my results. the most ive lost is 3% in 12hrs so far. thisis with one month of using cs. i still hibernate if i know im not gonna use the tablet for a while.
    It is difficult for me to avoid ranting on this subject. I've found that the two-finger touchpad scroll and zoom capabilities are lost when I resume from hibernation. A 3% battery level drop in 12 hours is completely unacceptable to me (maybe this is because I owned an iPad). I can always reboot to fix the touchpad issue but would like to find a way to reset the touchpad driver.

I see a few references to ways to enable hibernation when the screen is folded down- I have not tried one yet but will be doing so. Any up-to-date suggestions on the best method to use?

I'm surprised that Microsoft did not provide a method to disable CS, especially with it being a new function. Things are found to go wrong. I'll buy a laptop if I want to charge every night and I'll use my phone for email/calendar notification

Also, in reference the post a few pages back which stated it should be OK to perform a cold boot if the device is only used once or twice a week, I completely disagree. I prefer my device to be in the exact state I left it. Should it also be OK to perform a complete reformat. I can understand if the technology is limited (for example, the iPad will only remain in the state I left it for, what, a month or two). In this case we're talking about an SSD. Now, granted, I could entirely see the Windows 8 team saying "well, hibernate never worked very well to begin with, so let's switch to CS full time." That would have been fine if CS didn't end up in the same boat hibernation had been in!
    Last edited by daved31415; 08-10-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Transformer Book Hibernation

This solution works:

It is possible to put the Transformer Book into Hibernation

Open "Command Prompt" and enter the following command:

shutdown /h

To switch back on hold down the power button.

More information here: Day 16: My ASUS laplet and its troubled sleep

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I enabled hibernation using "powercfg /hibernate on" at the command prompt.

Hibernate/resume works each and every time for me by using a shortcut to:

C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /f /h

The one problem I had was that the touchpad drivers would not resume properly. Basic touchpad functionality worked OK but gestures would not work (two fingers to scroll up/down or two finger tap to right-click). To solve this, after resuming from hibernation I run two shortcuts:

"C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /TN "Disable Touchpad""

"C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /TN "Enable Touchpad""

The "Disable Touchpad" task is:

Disable T100 touchpad driver using Devcon

The "Enable Touchpad" task is:

Enable T100 touchpad driver using Devcon.exe.

Set both tasks up using Task Scheduler and use "run with highest privileges." I used scheduled tasks to avoid the "run as administrator" prompt each time the shortcuts are activated without needing to disable user account control - I'm sure there is a better way to do this, would appreciate feedback from someone who knows how.

----

Hopefully a future update does not break or change any of this functionality.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure if anyone will actually use this but I should have explained..

The actual commands to enable/disable the touchpad are:

to disable:
    devcon.exe disable HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE

to enable:
    devcon.exe enable HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE

To install the devcon command, download and install the Windows Driver Kit (WDK) from Microsoft. The link for Windows 8.1 is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../gg454513.aspx

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times
    What was preventing me from enabling hibernation was this command

powercfg -h -size 100

After doing that (and "powercfg -h on" again for luck), hibernation works!

Continued to work after re-enabling connected standby, I now have a normal laptop power configuration with both sleep and hibernation working.

The Win10 ATK driver from the asus site might be needed (and enabled) to get the sleep button to work but not fully tested that theory, doesn't seem to do any harm regardless and definitely makes the brightness buttons work.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    I upgraded to Win10 a few months ago. Seems to work well. No hibernation or other problems.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BushLin View Post
    What was preventing me from enabling hibernation was this command

powercfg -h -size 100

After doing that (and "powercfg -h on" again for luck), hibernation works!

Continued to work after re-enabling connected standby, I now have a normal laptop power configuration with both sleep and hibernation working.

The Win10 ATK driver from the asus site might be needed (and enabled) to get the sleep button to work but not fully tested that theory, doesn't seem to do any harm regardless and definitely makes the brightness buttons work.

Thanks alot!!!

Tried lots of things, formated my T200TA 2-3 times, edited lots of registry settings, none worked but this tip!

This setting powercfg -h -size 50 (I reserved 50% of my ram) is restored the Hibernate click box, thanks again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    Connected standby is very important for most users. It allows the machine to have a power profile similar to that of an Android or iOS tablet. It uses almost no power when its sleeping, yet can wake instantly.

For most users, connected standby is far more important than hibernate. Disabling connected standby in order to get hibernate is a large sacrifice.
    Can't agree more! I don't find hibernate option in my windows and tried this solution

How to Enable Hibernate Option in Windows 10 PC/Laptops

Alas! I got hibernate in power option but standby disappeared. I would like to have both options or better settle for standby alone.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links