Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Let's talk technical issues...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Well sure, like I said, if you disable all the stuff that actually makes the device useful (including wifi), then why would it need to use *any* battery? The 1-2% it's using while asleep is to do stuff mobile devices normally do while they're asleep, like syncing email and other accounts, cloud folders, etc. Any laptop will do the same thing if you set these things up on it; the difference on a tablet is that they come pre-setup and most people like to leave them on so they get notifications and have a fully up to date machine as soon as they wake it up.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    1 times

Update

Quote Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
    Well sure, like I said, if you disable all the stuff that actually makes the device useful (including wifi), then why would it need to use *any* battery? The 1-2% it's using while asleep is to do stuff mobile devices normally do while they're asleep, like syncing email and other accounts, cloud folders, etc. Any laptop will do the same thing if you set these things up on it; the difference on a tablet is that they come pre-setup and most people like to leave them on so they get notifications and have a fully up to date machine as soon as they wake it up.
    You're right I turned the wifi and bluetooth on and the book lost only 1% for 8 hours. Finally I think the webstorage is the battery drainer.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
    Agree.

In the case of my TF101 tablet...there was an Android app called Auto Airplane Mode...which turned off the WIFI when you closed the lid or turned off the screen. When you started up again or opened the lid...it would turn it back on.

That solution would address any loss on our T100's...but no such app (yet) seen for WIN8.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxwithanx View Post
    So selecting your picture in the Metro UI, then "Change Account Picture", then choosing the Camera to create a new picture....I get pure insanity. Random lighting/focusing changes, flickering and most bizarrely when I actually take a picture, the image immediately flips L/R and darkens considerably. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

When I select the Camera application itself though...no problems at all.

Same for me . Its a defective unit. In mi case, the camera change the brightness sharply about 10 seconds in video mode,and don't reply very well to mid-bright scenes or brightness changes.

My seller sends to costumer service, some weeks later i could see another unit in the store, and test that really my unit is defective. The most usual in all the web cameras is that this situation ocurr about 3 seconds, and the change of the brightness don't come mutch abrupt

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey everybody. I'm new to the forum, but thought I'd drop in my two cents. As far as the charging issue goes, the cable you choose has a HUGE effect. I don't know if there is a difference between what your charger will accept and kick up the wattage, etc, however the length of your cable makes a huge difference. The quickest easiest explanation is that you want the shortest, thickest cable, ideally copper. With this low of a voltage, gold actually doesnt even conduct as well as copper. When only starting with 5v from a transformer, assuming it is copper wire and 22awg, voltage drop with one foot of cable is from 5v to 4.935v (no big deal) at 5 feet is 4.6v, and at ten is 4.35v But if you change to an aluminum cable at one foot it drops to 4.9v, at five it drops to 4.4v, and at ten it drops to 3.98v. So if you look at the difference between a copper cable at one foot 4.935v over to an aluminium cable at ten feet with 3.98v the drop is very significant. And keeping in mind that even smart phone batteries are usually around 3.8v and you need a voltage greater than that to bring it up, that one volt that is missing is a big deal. A full 5v intended to charge a device and getting 4 is more than a 20% drop in charging ability.

I used the voltage drop calculator below for these numbers if you want to take a look at it yourself. And if you need to know, I used 2amps as our number, because 10w/5v=2a. (10w because that's what most chargers offer that I've seen)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfi...&skuId=9741756

Hope this helps, and remember, the shortest, fattest copper cable you can find will give you the fastest charge.

EDIT 1** Looking around online I've found a 12w charger that will boost the current up to 2.4a, and at 3.3 feet long it will only have a voltage drop down to 4.74v (assuming it is copper, 4.6 if it is aluminium). This will give you a little bit of working room as far as the cord, and hopefully a nice, quicker charge. I ordered one today, and I will let you all know how it works for me.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfi...=1219035076930

EDIT 2** Got my charger in today, and it brings up the battery 1% every 5 minutes, during web surfing and listening to music. not horribly demanding tasks, but it seems to be doing the trick rather well.
    Last edited by someguyyeah; 02-06-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys.
    I have two (well I sold one) of these and I joined this forum just to tell everyone that the ORIGINAL USB cable does NOT charge the device properly.
    As soon as I connected another USB charge cable (an old Nokia cable), with ORIGINAL adapter, it charged properly!
    The orange light comes on with the ORIGINAL cable, but it doesn't really charge: When turned on, the charge light comes on, but Windows doesn't recognise it as charging for long. With a "better" cable (and ORIGINAL adapter) Windows shows it charging until charged.
    I hope this helps.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barsznica View Post
    Hi guys.
    I have two (well I sold one) of these and I joined this forum just to tell everyone that the ORIGINAL USB cable does NOT charge the device properly.
    As soon as I connected another USB charge cable (an old Nokia cable), with ORIGINAL adapter, it charged properly!
    The orange light comes on with the ORIGINAL cable, but it doesn't really charge: When turned on, the charge light comes on, but Windows doesn't recognise it as charging for long. With a "better" cable (and ORIGINAL adapter) Windows shows it charging until charged.
    I hope this helps.
    Sounds like you had at least one faulty cable. It happens.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links