Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Let's talk technical issues...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    It's more the power block of the charger than the cord itself. Like MikeS said, you need to make sure it puts out at the appropriate power. It shouldn't matter if it's USB 2 or 3.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdenny View Post
    It's more the power block of the charger than the cord itself. Like MikeS said, you need to make sure it puts out at the appropriate power. It shouldn't matter if it's USB 2 or 3.
    The problem would be that the extension cord is reducing the charge voltage to 5 volts. Because the sense wire is missing in the extension cables. Most USB cables ( extension or otherwise ) do not have every terminal connected via wire. The extra wires that tell the power brick to supply 15 volts are not present in a cheap USB cable. You would need an extension cable with all wires present and then it will work just fine. I believe caseen sells one.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
    The problem would be that the extension cord is reducing the charge voltage to 5 volts. Because the sense wire is missing in the extension cables. Most USB cables ( extension or otherwise ) do not have every terminal connected via wire. The extra wires that tell the power brick to supply 15 volts are not present in a cheap USB cable. You would need an extension cable with all wires present and then it will work just fine. I believe caseen sells one.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.
    I remember on TF Prime you had to have a USB3 for it to charge at full power (otherwise, it just outputted at the lower power rate). I'll try out the USB3 extension cable I have and see if it works. (Got it from Monoprice for about $6 back when I had a Prime).

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by al16000 View Post
    I remember on TF Prime you had to have a USB3 for it to charge at full power (otherwise, it just outputted at the lower power rate). I'll try out the USB3 extension cable I have and see if it works. (Got it from Monoprice for about $6 back when I had a Prime).
    USB 3 cables have all the terminals wired through, where the USB 2 and below only have 5 of the 10 pins wired through so the usb3 should work fine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have weird battery drain situation ?
    Most of time, the battery lasts 2 or 3 days with intermittent usage.

But sometimes (3 times so far), fully charged over night, unplugged it in the morning, left it in sleep, after 12 hours, i find it completely drained.
    It's almost as if it had been on all the time.
    T100, N7, N4

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pastime1971 View Post
    Does anyone have weird battery drain situation ?
    Most of time, the battery lasts 2 or 3 days with intermittent usage.

But sometimes (3 times so far), fully charged over night, unplugged it in the morning, left it in sleep, after 12 hours, i find it completely drained.
    It's almost as if it had been on all the time.
    I heard someone say somewhere (can't remember if it was this forum) to uninstall Asus Webstorage (or if you plan on using it, sign in). That fixed the issue for them. They said the 'unsigned in' state caused some kind of bug with constantly using CPU. I haven't had the issue, but if I do, I'll try that first.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by al16000 View Post
    I heard someone say somewhere (can't remember if it was this forum) to uninstall Asus Webstorage (or if you plan on using it, sign in). That fixed the issue for them. They said the 'unsigned in' state caused some kind of bug with constantly using CPU. I haven't had the issue, but if I do, I'll try that first.
    aha. that's what i have been doing wrong. i signed up, but then signed out (because i use skydrive). will do that and report back. thanks, al16000.

edit: didn't work. see post #26.
    Last edited by pastime1971; 10-31-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    T100, N7, N4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I've found that my sleep (fn+f1), wifi (fn+f2), brightness (fn + f5, f6), and touchpad on/off (fn+f9) hotkeys are doing nothing. The volume and display switching hotkeys are working fine.

Sometimes when I close the t100 and come back a few hours later, pressing the power button to wake it up does nothing--and I have to hold the power button for 10sec to get it to boot up. This is random, as usuallyI'll leave it overnight and it'll wake right up when I open the lid.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey all, first post here. Got my T100 last week in prep for a trip I'm about to take. Issues I've had so far:

* Touchpad sleeping really is annoying - I've also been looking for a setting somewhere but have come up empty too. Has anyone tried completely uninstalling all ASUS touchpad drivers and seeing if the stock Windows driver does the same thing? I'll probably try that next.

* My touchpad is bent; the top edge curves up above the bezel. If I run my finger over that edge, I can feel it catch a bit on the touchpad itself on the way back down. If I press it down, it sticks for a few seconds but then gradually pops back up.

* My dock itself is (very slightly) bent on the top right corner, such that there's almost no clearance there when the tablet is docked and I move it on its hinge.

* I've also had the strange battery drain just today - I will try to make sure I'm signed into web storage, but I'm pretty sure I was. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days, though.

* I've already pretty much given up even trying to keep the thing clean. I may make more of an effort when I'm out in public, because this thing's going to be kind of embarrassing otherwise.

* My notification sounds are really scratchy sounding when its closed in the dock - anyone else have this? I don't have any scratchiness otherwise. It's like a crackling noise whenever I get email when it's docked and closed.

* Is the dock supposed to "click" in place? Mine doesn't - I never quite know if it's secured.

I've actually considered returning mine, but most of my problems are actually with the dock, not the tablet, and I don't have time to send it back anymore. I might consider selling it later. I had hoped it would be built like my wife's old Eee PC (which cost less), but it's not. If they sold the docks separately (especially one with more ports), I might eventually just buy another one if the tablet turns out to be ok over the next few months.
    Last edited by spacecadet; 10-29-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like rush to deliver before Christmas problems, I wanted one, but will probably wait now

How is the sound on the T100, has it go any bass and is it loud, don't want to make my ears bleed

Thanks all.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links