Thread: T100 UK release

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by artp209 View Post
    Don't worry about the delay. I got mine in the US, and while I still think it's the best deal out there, it appears to me that Asus still has a lot of bugs to work out. They have put out one update which didn't help me. The Windows update didn't either. I saw the blue screen of death more than anything else.
    I've had mine since last Wednesday and haven't had a single OS crash. I've had a few Metro apps crash (just dump me to the Start screen) but nothing else. I've done a lot too, installed iTunes (music library on SD card) used VNC, Plex, many desktop and Metro apps - no problems at all with the OS.

Now if you want to talk loooong charging times, or fingerprint hell I'm with ya!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Spoken to Asus re the warranty on a US product. Basically they wont do anything. You have to pay around 40 just for postage to send it to a UK repair centre. They will then give you a quote for the repair.
    I actually went ahead with this. Only 2 days later they sent me an email saying as the product is under 30 days old, I have to return it to the shop.

They also advised there were many problems with 8.1 and their drivers. They suggested I go on a microsoft site and down grade my licence to 8.0? This was after they first advised me to maybe go buy a copy of windows 8 from a shop.

Peronally, I wouldnt recommend excaliber either to purchase it. Shipping was fine. Just within 2 hours the restore and repair functions wouldn't work, missing files, insert disk etc.

After 3 emails to excaliber, 3 phone calls to asus and hours on the web, excaliber advised they wouldn't be able to return an OEM item to asus and would therefore lose money. They suggested I try and flog it on ebay instead of sending it back to them. And they also added they felt I maybe just wanted to return the item as I was bored of it. This, after hours and hours spent trying to fix it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the insight Eighthdimension, sorry to hear you've been having all those troubles. So essentially if I were to purchase the T100 from the US the warranty would be useless?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, ive got the warranty card in front of me and it does say 'additionally this warranty entitles you to international ASUS warranty service in europe, subject to the following restrictions...some countries may have fees that apply'

The person at ASUS confirmed repair fees will apply, plus the 40 postage before they even look at it. Tried to argue, how is that an international warranty when the condition basically says you have to pay for everything...what exactly IS covered? Its like saying 'we will repair your item free, subect to one condition..you pay for the repairs'

Plus they wont touch it for 30 days anyway.

There is an option to upgrade a US warranty to some full international warranty but I think that was 70ish. But again, asus, said, that wouldn't help me here as cover would only start once I take that out and not for pre-existing faults or something.

Just finished doing what asus advised and downgraded to windows 8. I think her reasoning behind this was she was saying the drivers in windows 8 are fine.

Just instead of 12 unknown devices, I now have 15. Windows 8 doesnt have them either. Presumably cos tbeyre new bay trail thingummys etc.

Going to gice up now ha. Pay the postage, send it back

I onky really got to install one game. Solitaire.
    Still, I can confirm the asus runs solitaire very nicely. Apart from the adverts that pop up.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthdimension View Post
    Well, ive got the warranty card in front of me and it does say 'additionally this warranty entitles you to international ASUS warranty service in europe, subject to the following restrictions...some countries may have fees that apply'

The person at ASUS confirmed repair fees will apply, plus the 40 postage before they even look at it. Tried to argue, how is that an international warranty when the condition basically says you have to pay for everything...what exactly IS covered? Its like saying 'we will repair your item free, subect to one condition..you pay for the repairs'

Plus they wont touch it for 30 days anyway.

There is an option to upgrade a US warranty to some full international warranty but I think that was 70ish. But again, asus, said, that wouldn't help me here as cover would only start once I take that out and not for pre-existing faults or something.

Just finished doing what asus advised and downgraded to windows 8. I think her reasoning behind this was she was saying the drivers in windows 8 are fine.

Just instead of 12 unknown devices, I now have 15. Windows 8 doesnt have them either. Presumably cos tbeyre new bay trail thingummys etc.

Going to gice up now ha. Pay the postage, send it back

I onky really got to install one game. Solitaire.
    Still, I can confirm the asus runs solitaire very nicely. Apart from the adverts that pop up.
    Sounds like a bloody disaster! They really do have a cheek with those warranty terms, it sounds ridiculous based off what you've said.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    actually a bit pissed off about all this. asus are garbage, no announcements on uk release, spoke to their marketing dept who don't know their arse from their elbow. got told that the 32gb isnt being released in the uk, it clearly is, and it appears its the only one.

then you have this one with a built in 500gb hard disk which i think, yeah, thats the one i want, then you realise it's not being released in the uk only the german market which means the keyboard won't be qwerty

then you see they are doing a straight $ to price conversion, as in $350 for the 32gb and 350 for the 32gb, how is that even fair, i could import the 64gb for cheaper than that.

im so fed up because i was genuinely really excited about this, asus produce half decent stuff but they seriously need to sort out their marketing and comms departments

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsusx View Post
    then you have this one with a built in 500gb hard disk which i think, yeah, thats the one i want, then you realise it's not being released in the uk only the german market which means the keyboard won't be qwerty
    Germany just tends to be a priority market because people there tend to be willing to pay more for features. So they often get models that aren't sold elsewhere...

But it doesn't mean they won't release a HDD dock model later, just not right away...

Quote Originally Posted by Gsusx View Post
    then you see they are doing a straight $ to price conversion, as in $350 for the 32gb and 350 for the 32gb, how is that even fair, i could import the 64gb for cheaper than that.
    This part has nothing to do with Asus, if you live in the UK then you have to deal with VAT and that pretty much negates the value difference between $ to price conversion.

In the US, we don't pay VAT... So we can get it at lower value equivalent to the value of the US currency... So blame government and international commerce laws for that one!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    Germany just tends to be a priority market because people there tend to be willing to pay more for features. So they often get models that aren't sold elsewhere...

But it doesn't mean they won't release a HDD dock model later, just not right away...

This part has nothing to do with Asus, if you live in the UK then you have to deal with VAT and that pretty much negates the value difference between $ to price conversion.

In the US, we don't pay VAT... So we can get it at lower value equivalent to the value of the US currency... So blame government and international commerce laws for that one!

Even without VAT the UK price is still 300 which is much more than in the US, and that is for the 32gb model. Christ knows what the price will be for the 64gb one. I found out the other day I'm getting a bursary from my uni so I might bite the bullet and spend a bit of that on preordering the T100 from Amazon UK.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    For anyone thats interested dabs are selling the 32gb version in stock now for 350 quid. I've just ordered one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links