Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times

classic windows games are sideways

Having an issue with some older games orienting themselves sideways, anyone else experience similar? I've done a few google searches about this but I can only turn up people with general orientation issues with windows 10.

Experiencing this with Rome:TotalWar and Rallisport Challenge. The games themselves run fine (Rome took config tweak initially) but they are sideways, leaving part of the screen missing and a chuck of the desktop still displayed on the right of the screen.

Is there a workaround for this? I'm not very familiar with tablets or windows 10 (I come from an old windows 7 desktop).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Haven't found a full solution to this yet, however running games in windowed mode stops them from orienting sideways. Unfortunately, some games do not have a native windowed mode and attempts to force windowed mode (through software like Borderless Gaming) still result in the game being displayed sideways. Rome:TotalWar has a native windowed mode, as does F1 Challenge 99-02, however Rallisport Challenge does not.

I have a few suspicions on what may be causing the issue. First is that in some instances, Windows 10 in some places reports the T100's display as an "800x1280" resolution (eg. in the notifications area when changing from native resolution), so perhaps older games are recognising the screen as an 800x1280 size and think that by displaying the X axis on the 800 side, it will be upright.

Second idea is that it may have to do with the G-sensor/accelerometer, as I've just run into some issues with the front-facing camera being upside down and elsewhere on the forums it is supposed this could be a calibration issue. I have yet to find a ways to calibrate my T100's sensors though, and other solutions to the camera issue didn't work or weren't applicable.
    Last edited by tabsy2__the_tabsening; 01-25-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Punctuation, missing words, general thoughtlessness

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links